Nerfs/Buffs thought process

Prev1
Hello,
Was there any thought by the developers that this would affect GAC matches? It’s literally the only game mode a huge chunk of players care about. And you couldn’t wait 2 hours?

Replies

• TVF
    36623 posts Member
    Options
    Kvothe25 wrote: »
    Hello,
    It’s literally the only game mode a huge chunk of players care about.

Is it?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Salatious_Scrum
    2333 posts Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    I could care less about GAC lol. Especially 3v3. I’ve gotten first quite a few times since all 8 people auto deployed and I just happened to have the highest GP. Not worth the effort to me to really take it seriously.
  • TVF
    36623 posts Member
    Options
    I could care less about GAC lol. Especially 3v3

So you do care. At least a little.
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »
    Hello,

Is it?

Yup
  • Options
    Their thought process is this: "people are not using the characters in the way planned inside our closed offices so let's nerf everything they've come up with so they do what we want."
  • dhwo
    68 posts Member
    Options
    Thank you CG for rolling out the nerfs during the GAC attack phase. I had to fight a guy with 5 legends on D. In the afternoon it seemed feasible to get away with a win. When I have tried to clear SEE in the evening it has been impossible. Thank you for loosing me this round. Normally I should insult you but this would give to much credit to you.
    Time to stop playing GAC as with your crude ideas you are killing the game related to PVP. So you better start milking the cow as I can only hope that many players are quitting. So have fun with your Kraken elite…
  • TVF
    36623 posts Member
    Options
    grassrox wrote: »
    Hello,

Is it?

Yup

Got any data?
  • Options
    Hello,
    Was there any thought by the developers that this would affect GAC matches? It’s literally the only game mode a huge chunk of players care about. And you couldn’t wait 2 hours?

Sure they thought about it...They think you'll hurry up & drop a few hundred bucks in an attempt to one-up opponents in GA. Got 1 more GL than your opponent? Stick it on your front row & it's an automatic win. Whoopie. So rewarding. GAC has devolved from careful thought & planning (chess) to a tic-tac-toe match where X gets to go first & twice for a dollar.
  • Options
    I’m a freelancer, my day rate is x$/day, but if i take a long term job i only get a % of my day rate. Since you have essentially locked gl’s into the top squad arena positions and rewards, I would like to suggest you give every player with a gl 150 gems/day and close squad arena. Or you can ban gl’s from squad arena. But I’d rather them get 150 gems/day as their daily thank you from cg than have them rotate so they all get 500/day. With a guarantee, you should get less than without a guarantee. And you have guaranteed gl’s the top spots by making all other toons ineffective against them.
  • Options
    dhwo wrote: »
    Thank you CG for rolling out the nerfs during the GAC attack phase. I had to fight a guy with 5 legends on D. In the afternoon it seemed feasible to get away with a win. When I have tried to clear SEE in the evening it has been impossible. Thank you for loosing me this round. Normally I should insult you but this would give to much credit to you.
    Time to stop playing GAC as with your crude ideas you are killing the game related to PVP. So you better start milking the cow as I can only hope that many players are quitting. So have fun with your Kraken elite…
    You have 5 GLs too. Doesn’t that make you Kraken elite?
  • Options

I have 3 GLs, one not relic'd, and faced someone with 5 GLs in my first round. So.....CG just isn't good at matchmaking.
  • Options
    Hello,

Is it?

Yes
  • TVF
    36623 posts Member
    Options
    Hello,

Is it?

Yes

Got any data?
  • Options
    Hello,

Is it?

Yes

Got any data?

If the post was, a majority of players only played for GAC, then that would require data as proof. To say, “a lot of people only play for GAC” is plausible, as I personally know them, and shouldn’t require hard data to satisfy whatever need you have. And that’s really secondary to the main point of the post, which was, why roll the changes out during attack phase. It clearly wasn’t thought through.
  • dhwo
    68 posts Member
    Options
    . Of course I have spent money on this game but definitely not on a Kraken level…maybe Dolphin.

Imagine the situation that you have set your D in a way that you have kept 4 legends for O and 1 on D. Then the attack phase stars and you see 5 legends on D in front of ships. So the only way before the update has been to take out 4 legends and take down the side toons in one run and kill the legend in a second attempt with a top team e.g. Revan, Malak and BSF (basically 3v3 demigods). Then everything is working according to plan and shortly before you want to clear the legend in the second run your forced to make an update and the legend has become indestructible.

What do you think about this? Hard luck? Complete incompetence of the game provider rolling out updates?

I don’t think so. I’m just playing this game since the very beginning and luckily I have been in excellent guilds which helps the progress (credit to all the mates at Knights of the Old Gamma).
  • Options
    I don’t like GAC, at all. And I’m a end game player.
  • Options
    Shaddess wrote: »
    I don’t like GAC, at all. And I’m a end game player.

That’s really cool and I’m happy you find enjoyment in other parts of the game. Once again, didn’t say majority. I said a lot of people, which I acknowledge is subjective. But the fact that you are an end game player and don’t enjoy GAC doesn’t disprove anything.
  • Options
    Gac was my favorite part of the game, we will see if that remains true
  • Options
    Got any data?

That many Galaxy of Heroes streamers on Twitch and YouTube core content is based around people tuning in to simply watch them play Grand Arena. Not Territory Wars, not Squad Arena, not Raids. Any content outside of streaming Grand Arena is typically testing and character guides.

• Options
    I wish I could unset my defense … now that nerfs are live I’d prefer to auto set my d so that way I don’t have to play anymore
  • Options
    Jpfit262 wrote: »
    I wish I could unset my defense … now that nerfs are live I’d prefer to auto set my d so that way I don’t have to play anymore

But everyone got nerf'd. Not just you.
  • scuba
    14068 posts Member
    Options
    Jpfit262 wrote: »
    9mbooi2vw8kv.jpeg

• Options
    What this tells me is other than the first 4 GL no content is worth grinding. All the new stuff is R8 material locked for only the top guilds and because I refuse to be forced to drop my guild of 2 years just to access the R8 mats.

All the old non GL toons are useless against GL so no point grinding them out. Why spend the 6 months getting GAS or JKLS when they will just end up as a poor secondary squad in GAC that will automatically lose to a GL.
  • Options
    . Of course I have spent money on this game but definitely not on a Kraken level…maybe Dolphin.

Imagine the situation that you have set your D in a way that you have kept 4 legends for O and 1 on D. Then the attack phase stars and you see 5 legends on D in front of ships. So the only way before the update has been to take out 4 legends and take down the side toons in one run and kill the legend in a second attempt with a top team e.g. Revan, Malak and BSF (basically 3v3 demigods). Then everything is working according to plan and shortly before you want to clear the legend in the second run your forced to make an update and the legend has become indestructible.

What do you think about this? Hard luck? Complete incompetence of the game provider rolling out updates?

I don’t think so. I’m just playing this game since the very beginning and luckily I have been in excellent guilds which helps the progress (credit to all the mates at Knights of the Old Gamma).
    I understand all of that. The bit I don’t understand is how you can refer to the “Kraken Elite” when you yourself own 5 GLs.
  • scuba
    14068 posts Member
    Options
    What this tells me is other than the first 4 GL no content is worth grinding. All the new stuff is R8 material locked for only the top guilds and because I refuse to be forced to drop my guild of 2 years just to access the R8 mats.

All the old non GL toons are useless against GL so no point grinding them out. Why spend the 6 months getting GAS or JKLS when they will just end up as a poor secondary squad in GAC that will automatically lose to a GL.

Because you need them to get GL's
  • Options
    scuba wrote: »

He said other than the first 4 which don't require R8 mats.

And it's not just 6 months grinding out to get them. New players have to grind a helluva lot more than that to get to GAS or JKL. Meanwhile someone with endless funds can just buy themselves right up and leave you in the dust.

I don't get the real point of the nerfs to be honest. I don't think a GL should be an automatic win, period. If someone wants to stick a G8 out there vs an R7 DR, Malak, and BSF, they deserve to lose. Once that GL is up to R7 it's pretty much unbeatable as it is without a GL. The GL shouldn't be a guaranteed win, it should be a heavy favorite, but if you can screw people over with the RNG in things like the GAS event, having a GL go down to RNG on occasion shouldn't be a huge concern.

Gating R8 mats to the best guilds and those who can max out conquest crates is pretty cheesy too, but that's another issue.
  • Options
    cboath7 wrote: »
    scuba wrote: »

He said other than the first 4 which don't require R8 mats.

And it's not just 6 months grinding out to get them. New players have to grind a helluva lot more than that to get to GAS or JKL. Meanwhile someone with endless funds can just buy themselves right up and leave you in the dust.

I don't get the real point of the nerfs to be honest. I don't think a GL should be an automatic win, period. If someone wants to stick a G8 out there vs an R7 DR, Malak, and BSF, they deserve to lose. Once that GL is up to R7 it's pretty much unbeatable as it is without a GL. The GL shouldn't be a guaranteed win, it should be a heavy favorite, but if you can screw people over with the RNG in things like the GAS event, having a GL go down to RNG on occasion shouldn't be a huge concern.

Gating R8 mats to the best guilds and those who can max out conquest crates is pretty cheesy too, but that's another issue.
    I don’t think the gating of R8 mats is an issue in and of itself, but when CG requires FOUR R8s for ONE GL, thats where R8 accessibility becomes a problem.
  • Options
    Was the intention for dearth Vader to be an absolute piece of garbage? Bc if it was, mission accomplished.