The purpose of a game

MBRedline
54 posts Member
edited August 2021
This is subjective, but I have been trying for a while to figure out how to articulate my feelings on the subject of the purpose of a game.  This is from the perspective of someone who has played this game since December 2019, and has spent money on this game weekly or bi-weekly since March 2020.

I want a game that for a moment takes you to another place, an imaginative world that is something other then what I know and feel.  In this case, A Galaxy Far Far Away.

It should draw me in and make me 'want' to play.  It should give me excitement about my progress and achievements, and make me want to keep playing to achieve more.

It should be fulfilling, and should give a sense of accomplishment that adds to my real life in a positive way.

It should NOT be something that feels tedious and adds another job to my already full life.

It should NOT make me feel alienated because of choices I made in game direction a year ago.

It should NOT give me a feeling of dread and uncertainty of what the devs may do next.

It should NOT make me feel like I will always be behind and never be able to catch up, and feel hopeless to try.

It should NOT make me feel regret for all the money that I've spent and wish I could take it all back.

Sadly, this game is no longer bringing fulfillment, satisfaction, excitement, or joy to me.  I'm only left with dread, regret, and disappointment.

I am trying hard to ride this wave out and hope for a brighter future when this game becomes fun again, but it is becoming increasingly more difficult.

I will say, right now I have no desire to spend money on this game.  Right now I'm content if I drop off the radar in arena, if I lose every gac, and if I never get another conquest character.  I will play the game because I love SW, and because I enjoy my guildmates.  

I hope that the devs will realize what is happening to their playerbase.  I hope they read this if not (though I know that's unlikely).

To the devs:  Thank you for making an awesome game, Thank you for the excitement and joy I got out of this game up till the last few announcements.  I hope that whatever is going on right now gets resolved, and resolved doesn't mean "blows over".  Something like this will have a hard time "blowing over".

If you read this far, thank you.
Post edited by Kyno on