Prev13
crzydroid
7333 posts Moderator
a87h71tg80o7.gif

Replies

• Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    Too bad that the usual hype was replaced by desperately hoping that the changes won't be as bad as they seem...
  • MikKro
    333 posts Member
    Options
    tenor.gif
  • TVF
    36629 posts Member
    Options
    Nauros wrote: »
    Too bad that the usual hype was replaced by desperately hoping that the changes won't be as bad as they seem...

Don't see how they won't be. We already know we have way more feats to do with a higher energy cost and the same level of battle difficulty.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »

Don't see how they won't be. We already know we have way more feats to do with a higher energy cost and the same level of battle difficulty.

I read somewhere that not all feats will reward keycards, that might be a good way to reward broad rosters while not making the red box too inaccessible. Not sure about the source of that, though.
    Also, we don't know how much higher the cost will be or even if it will be the same for all sectors, although small increase likely wouldn't affect the stated reason behind this change.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

And no real change to the rewards out put.

It had come up in discussions, and they did add some stuff, but from my current understanding it was not enough to warrant mentioning in the post... 😐
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »

It had come up in discussions, and they did add some stuff, but from my current understanding it was not enough to warrant mentioning in the post... 😐

“ Also, Mods and Mod Slicing materials have been increased, and Carbonite Circuit Boards have been added to Conquest rewards.‘
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited August 2021
    Options

“ Also, Mods and Mod Slicing materials have been increased, and Carbonite Circuit Boards have been added to Conquest rewards.‘

I must have missed that line. Ok so it was mentioned....yay.

Edit to add, I was looking for that note in the Conquest 7 update. Not the game update notes. Hopefully this was worth the mention...
  • TVF
    36629 posts Member
    Options

I read somewhere that not all feats will reward keycards, that might be a good way to reward broad rosters while not making the red box too inaccessible. Not sure about the source of that, though.

Datamine listed all the keycards for all the feats, so I don't think that's right unfortunately.
  • TVF
    36629 posts Member
    Options

I'll take them...but Maul is really all that matters.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

With that attitude, we will take yours for Ultra and I to split.
  • Options

I agree about Maul (… and aeromags for me as my guild still can’t beat the crancor.)
    Would be good with some statement from CG what they think is a minimum roster to be able to get max crate without panic refreshes.
  • TVF
    36629 posts Member
    Options

With that attitude, we will take yours for Ultra and I to split.

I said I will take them, so no you won't.
  • TVF
    36629 posts Member
    Options

I agree about Maul (… and aeromags for me as my guild still can’t beat the crancor.)
    Would be good with some statement from CG what they think is a minimum roster to be able to get max crate without panic refreshes.

I don't think it's possible for any roster without refreshes now.
  • Options
    I wish I could be excited for this, but to me it's like going from a normal Christmas last year to your parents getting you (chores) for Christmas because "you're a young adult now," oh and also they're making you pay rent now.

CG: "Here's a 5x5 Rubix Cube. Your have to pay rent before you get to play with it. Merry Christmas."
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

I don't think it's possible for any roster without refreshes now.

This. From the math I have seen you need to refresh just to win all the battles with the increased node cost. I think someone said around 250 total.
    (5 refreshes)

A reddit post also has an ideal run (most possible corss over and NS nodes to complete feats in least amount of battles) at around 25+ (I forget the actual number) battles over "free battles" from energy. So managing that and stamina is going to be very time consuming and crystal intensive.

So all in all, there are only panic refreshes if you dont plan out the required refreshes properly, or fail more than you expected.

We will know more today once it opens and more people can work out the math, but all in all, I don't really expect any of this to look better as more things are confirmed/verified.
  • TVF
    36629 posts Member
    Options
    I actually enjoy the feats part and more feats sounds more fun to me on paper.

Then I see they increased the energy cost and that I need Geos and BB in S5 and all the fun is gone.
  • Options
    It would have been awesome with these extra feats if they didn’t increase the amount of keycards needed for max crate. Then you could select different paths to reach the goal in more ways than selecting fights between three Padme teams where yoda and Kenobi switch places.
  • Ultra
    11521 posts Moderator
    Options

Then I see they increased the energy cost and that I need Geos and BB in S5 and all the fun is gone.

Yeah, More feats aren't bad but they should've reduced the number of attempts for feats

Like win 14 battles with no units defeated was fine at 15 energy and only 5 feats

but when you are doing 10 feats and 20 energy and reducing the keycard given, then the number should be like 6 or 7 battles

Its too much repetition to clear one feat imo
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

In theory, I agree more feats could be an interesting way to add fun.

That being said, I dont find "fight with X team Y number of times" interesting, which means it's not adding fun for me.

On some level I am personally ok with them rewarding people who invested in new/certain factions, I get that and can support this type of move. We need more places that point to and give reason to invest in things. That being said, without more details on what will change every 3 runs, and if/how they will return, that idea doesnt gain momentum.
  • Options

I would be happy if they removed mk4 stun guns from reward crates. There's nothing quite like waiting 2 weeks for a kick in the teeth like that.
  • TVF
    36629 posts Member
    Options

In theory, I agree more feats could be an interesting way to add fun.

That being said, I dont find "fight with X team Y number of times" interesting, which means it's not adding fun for me.

On some level I am personally ok with them rewarding people who invested in new/certain factions, I get that and can support this type of move. We need more places that point to and give reason to invest in things. That being said, without more details on what will change every 3 runs, and if/how they will return, that idea doesnt gain momentum.

I'm ok with asking for relic Phoenix or Geos or BB for a GC crate.

Not for Maul.
  • Options
    Not excited at all.

I’ll grind it out, for free, whatever I get I get. The thrill has gone from the chase.
  • Options
    Do we know how much battle will cost now?
  • TVF
    36629 posts Member
    Options
    I heard 20
  • Options

This so much
  • Options
    Crayons wrote: »
    I’ll grind it out, for free, whatever I get I get. The thrill has gone from the chase.

Definitely this, which is a big shame and unnecessary

• Konju
    1180 posts Member
    Options
    As a former Conquest lover, I’ll keep my crystals this run. I gave them freely in previous runs, but I’ll just take whatever crate I land on this time without a single refresh.
  • EdSolo
    412 posts Member
    Options
    Relic Phoenix is ridiculous at this stage. It seems like they are actively trying to get players to quit. I have so little faith in the designers at this point. I half expect this Conquest to be cancelled in the first 24 hours because of some bug that turns up.
  • artusa
    175 posts Member
    Options
    Sometimes this game becomes a little too much to bare with and then things start to go smooth again and everyone is happy and then it gets all messed up again and again and again,
  • InyakSolomon88
    1247 posts Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    I like grinding in games. I don't like these faction specific feats. Where's the strategy? Win with geos. Okay there are 5 Geonosians in the game. Gee, I wonder which Geonosians I'm going to use.

I'm getting flashbacks to GCs after BAM came out and they limited everyone but those who paid from getting the top box. That wasn't fun, that wasn't enjoyable, and doing it now in Conquest proves the bad precedent that was set was merely the practice run. I love my geos and NS. They're 2 of the most fun teams to play imo. i've got both relic'd. but I don't tend to use them in Conquest bc the modifiers on the enemies in particular makes it not the easiest to use them. And we know that in 3 months (the time it takes to relic a team at minimum- usually longer than that) conquest will change.

So in 3 months is it going to be rogue one, imperial remnant, and ewoks? 3 months after that is it Mandalorians, Old Republic, and Tuskens? I don't do anything to make my toons stronger for GCs. Now it seems I won't be doing anything to make them stronger for Conquest with CG's ever-shifting goal posts. No point if it's going to be completely different by the time my team is ready.

Also- grinding while demanding higher energy spend and thus making us PAY to grind is a **** thing to do.