If you have Yoda, target Players using Kylo Ren.

Prev1
SS0DEN
109 posts Member
In Squad Arena, if I see a player using Ren in the lineup, I target them every time and wait for Ren to unlock his retaliate perk, then I steal it with Yoda and grant it to my whole squad. Now when another toon uses a attack all perk, my whole squad will retaliate on that toon.
SodenBowl.com

Replies

• Salgado9
    529 posts Member
    Options
    I run kylo and Yoda is really no threat lol. On defense he's not the greatest
  • Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    Options
    Congratulations: you have discovered what everyone already knew before Yoda was even released.

But yes, Kylo is a huge determent in arena for anyone who has Yoda.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    He really isn't - at least not at decently high level arena. Most high level arena players use Battle Meditation for Yoda out of the gate as it protects the team from Sid's DoTs and heal block, Dooku's stun, Daka's stun, Phasma's slow, any Resistance hero's "expose", etc.

It takes at least two rounds to set up what you are suggesting. Most high level arena battles have at least half of both teams dead after to rounds.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Taragor
    57 posts Member
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    He really isn't - at least not at decently high level arena. Most high level arena players use Battle Meditation for Yoda out of the gate as it protects the team from Sid's DoTs and heal block, Dooku's stun, Daka's stun, Phasma's slow, any Resistance hero's "expose", etc.

It takes at least two rounds to set up what you are suggesting. Most high level arena battles have at least half of both teams dead after to rounds.

This. And I use Kylo on my arena team as well as Yoda now that I have him at 7*. His meditation is essential against doku, daka, and sid teams.
  • Options
    This doesn't work properly

Has not worked for me since I got Yoda over a month ago.

If an individual toon is attacked then fine, they will counter, but if team is hit with an AOE(Most likely coming from sid, because sid seems to be used by 99.9999999% of all teams) then the whole team does not counter, only Yoda.

• DV_27
    967 posts Member
    Options
    This doesn't work properly

Has not worked for me since I got Yoda over a month ago.

If an individual toon is attacked then fine, they will counter, but if team is hit with an AOE(Most likely coming from sid, because sid seems to be used by 99.9999999% of all teams) then the whole team does not counter, only Yoda.

It always works for me where they all counter. But only have tried it in GW because like the others said in arena it's normally best to use BM straight away
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    DV_27 wrote: »
    it's normally best to use BM straight away
    This is also sound life coaching.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • SS0DEN
    109 posts Member
    Options
    I have not had an issue with Sid or Dooku. But I love that counter haha.
    SodenBowl.com
  • SS0DEN
    109 posts Member
    Options

i would consider myself a high ranking Arena player...

SodenBowl.com
  • Options
    SS0DEN wrote: »

i would consider myself a high ranking Arena player...

He did say "most"...
  • SS0DEN
    109 posts Member
    Options
    Just because "most" use it, doesn't mean it's "most" effective being used at the start of the battle. Yoda to me I s better served to steal the opponents abilities and spread them to my squad. The rest of squad holds their own rather well verse Sid, Dooku ect. But I am yet to face Ren since the update, and actually lost an Arena which I haven't done in a long time.
    SodenBowl.com
  • SS0DEN
    109 posts Member
    Options
    I am running QGJ 7* VIII and level 7's, Sid 7* VIII and level 7's, Yoda 6* IX level 7's, LU 7* and level 7's, JC 7* VIII and level 7's. I will switch JC out and run Anakin sometimes who is a 6* VIII, level 6's.
    SodenBowl.com
  • Options
    Just because "most" use it, doesn't mean it's "most" effective being used at the start of the battle. Yoda to me I s better served to steal the opponents abilities and spread them to my squad. The rest of squad holds their own rather well verse Sid, Dooku ect. But I am yet to face Ren since the update, and actually lost an Arena which I haven't done in a long time.

Whatever. It's a non issue, everyone can play the way they want to. He said most high level players use it 1st, you said you consider yourself a a high level player. I reminded you that he didn't say everyone or if it's the best tactic, he just said most guys do it that way. Nowhere did I see him saying it's the most effective or hinting you are not a top level player. You're just taking offense where there's none. Most players use BM at the start as it helps in resisting stuns etc. And FYI, since you so want to tangle horns over semantics, this tactic has been known to most (99.9%, I'd gather) players since Yoda was introduced, months back. You're late to the party, if not in game, then on the forums. Peace, out.
  • SS0DEN
    109 posts Member
    Options
    Tangle horns, just because you think 99.9% use it because what is posted on a forum that only 40% at best even use, does not hold water.

Just because some one disagrees with your opinion, does not make them late to the forum, the game or even the party.
    SodenBowl.com
  • Options
    Tangle horns, just because you think 99.9% use it because what is posted on a forum that only 40% at best even use, does not hold water.

Just because some one disagrees with your opinion, does not make them late to the forum, the game or even the party.

Haha, I surrender! Late to the party = you're way too late with the information you posted, almost everyone knows Yoda can take Kylo's retribution. In no way was I disagreeing with anyone, just stating that @Nikoms565 was also not disagreeing with you. He was just sharing the information that most folks don't use your strategy because.. he posted the reasons, so I won't repeat it. Relax!
  • SS0DEN
    109 posts Member
    Options
    I am relaxed, as you stated, 99.9% use it as the start of the battle, well most Arena battles were over before Yoda would refil his ability, so by those standards, most players would never be able to steal Rens ability since Yoda would take his turn before Ren.
    SodenBowl.com
  • Azraelrulez
    1908 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I am running QGJ 7* VIII and level 7's, Sid 7* VIII and level 7's, Yoda 6* IX level 7's, LU 7* and level 7's, JC 7* VIII and level 7's. I will switch JC out and run Anakin sometimes who is a 6* VIII, level 6's.

Good call on replacing JC. Why Sid, though? What about a tank?

Edit: Didn't notice your above post, for clarification I meant 99.9% know about Yoda and retribution blah, blah. Not that 99.9% use it at start. Please, it's a non issue, let's talk about something else.
  • SS0DEN
    109 posts Member
    Options
    But it's Friday, and almost the weekend :)
    SodenBowl.com
  • SS0DEN
    109 posts Member
    Options
    I'm kind of stuck with Sid I guess, I have been working on Han, but I like Sids ability to gain health off enemies defeat haha.
    SodenBowl.com
  • Options
    I'm kind of stuck with Sid I guess, I have been working on Han, but I like Sids ability to gain health off enemies defeat haha.

Han is going to be very handy now. Keep working oon him. RG is the only tank better than Han as of now.
  • SS0DEN
    109 posts Member
    Options
    I never kept up with RG, I never really gave him a shot.
    SodenBowl.com
  • SS0DEN
    109 posts Member
    Options
    I have Han at 6* 10/100, but he is only a VII and level 4 abilities. But he's headed in the right direction!
    SodenBowl.com
  • Options
    I never kept up with RG, I never really gave him a shot.

I'm guessing you're new to the game because of the stars on your Arena toons. My advice, start farming RG. I'm level 74 and he's fantastic. I don't have him either but I face him quite a lot and he's really good.
  • SS0DEN
    109 posts Member
    Options
    I'm level 73, about to be 74 and my stars are 7, 7, 6, 7, 7 for Arena. I listed them above.
    SodenBowl.com
  • SS0DEN
    109 posts Member
    Options
    I'd have Yoda at 7, but I didn't get my last 7* Jedi in time. I missed the event by a few hours as I progressed Mace to 7*
    SodenBowl.com
  • Options
    I'm level 73, about to be 74 and my stars are 7, 7, 6, 7, 7 for Arena. I listed them above.

Oh, I never realized JC was competitive at such levels in Arena! I think that confused me. I haven't seen JC in a long time in the top because of the damage and dodge meta. Anyways, best of luck with Han.
  • SS0DEN
    109 posts Member
    Options
    I see him from time to time, he doesn't give me problems.
    SodenBowl.com
  • SS0DEN
    109 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    See if I can do this from the iPhone correctly...

SodenBowl.com
  • SS0DEN
    109 posts Member
    Options
    I like having 2 healers, I know it probably sucks for defense, but offensively he is actually good.
    SodenBowl.com
  • SS0DEN
    109 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    86up0pyvh
    SodenBowl.com