Should I unlock Rey?

Got her hat 244 shards. Still waiting for her to drop magically into my lap (not buying any chromium and I know she doesn't drop from bronzium). I also think the chance EA will "gift" her to us is less than me winning the lottery (which I don't play btw).

I would start gearing her and be totally disappointed that I need a gazillion purples.

So do you think she is viable at lvp 71/72 gear 7/8 at 6*?

Replies

• Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    Options
    @Drayden
    Some say she is viable at 6*, others no. I have read a lot on this forum so I cannot say for sure as I have her at 6* myself but keep her strictly GW.

Personally, for GW she is viable. I've seen her hit basic for 1800-2k at 6* and crit for a lot more. The only problem she has is her super weak HP. Almost any assist caller can one shot her, and several assist callers go before her (QGJ(L), GS, Dooku stuns take her to half hp, etc).

I wouldnt use her in pvp until 7*, but that is just my opinion. Even at 7* when I see her in PVP my opening dooku + gs is enough to kill her before she even moves.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    6* Rey auto damage for 1800-2000? What?? That means she got nerfed 3 times.
  • LaLiam
    1589 posts Member
    Options
    I use her at gear 8 6* and she is completely viable, it depends how desperate you are for a glass canon or how far you're losing rank.

Basically if you need her she's viable and doesn't take more than a few thousand energy for gearing, she's a wonderful asset in gw and nobody will attack you in Arena if you use her with Dooku lead.
    {RotE}
  • Options
    I found her viable at 5*. Had her at 70, max skills and gear and she worked in arena. Now she's 10 shards from 7*, in a Dooku lead team. Very very viable at 6.
  • Royce
    83 posts Member
    Options
    Viable at 5* if you run an evasion squad otherwise no cause you can easily one shot her.
    In-game name: Royce. Ally code: 844-142-988
  • Options
    She's viable at 5 stars IMO. Give her a Dooku lead, maybe Daka healer and you're golden. Even if they nuke her, good chance she'll get back up with Daka and nuke them back.
  • DV_27
    967 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    She's viable at 5 stars IMO. Give her a Dooku lead, maybe Daka healer and you're golden. Even if they nuke her, good chance she'll get back up with Daka and nuke them back.
    I have one more day until she's at 5* and I'm going to try her with dooku lead and daka in the team also. Can't wait. Don't think she'll be a permanent feature in my team though until she's 6*

• Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    Options
    Alexone wrote: »

@Alexone
    I have her in blue gear. Since I want her on a team with RG (3*) I havent really put any effort into gearing her. She still hits like a truck, and if I get her to g8 I am pretty sure she will basic for 3k or more.

I just don't feel like she would be PVP worthy without a tank to get her to live to her turn. I also want Daka on the team since an RG/Daka/Rey team is usually grounds for: "No, I am not going to touch that team"
  • DV_27
    967 posts Member
    Options
    Toukai wrote: »
    Alexone wrote: »

@Alexone
    I have her in blue gear. Since I want her on a team with RG (3*) I havent really put any effort into gearing her. She still hits like a truck, and if I get her to g8 I am pretty sure she will basic for 3k or more.

I just don't feel like she would be PVP worthy without a tank to get her to live to her turn. I also want Daka on the team since an RG/Daka/Rey team is usually grounds for: "No, I am not going to touch that team"

My 4* Rey hits for 3k on basic at max gear lol. 6* with gear must be beastly
  • Sikho
    1088 posts Member
    Options
    Maybe wait for the fortitude changes?
    Rey is probably one of the biggest speed & damage offender, so it's likely she'll be "adjusted".
  • JoshG
    908 posts Member
    Options
    With Dooku lead she is definitely viable in gear8 at 5*s. She sucks to gear up so you might as well get started.
  • DV_27
    967 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Sikho wrote: »
    Maybe wait for the fortitude changes?
    Rey is probably one of the biggest speed & damage offender, so it's likely she'll be "adjusted".
    I'm hoping the fortitude goes both ways for her. Obviously we don't have enough info yet to know how it will work but I'm hoping that when her damage is reduced that the fortitude also means that she won't be easy to one shot anymore and that would definitely make up for any damage reduction she suffers. If she survives one turn she could get foresight up and survive another one after that too
  • Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    Options
    @JoshG
    Yea, I should start gearing her. I have been kind of putting it off. If @DV_27 is right and a max gear does considerably more damage, I might just bring her into GW more often.

I still dont want her on a team without an RG as even I can kill a Rey in a GS + assist.

And I just checked, she is gear level IV. Need 4 more levels :)
  • DV_27
    967 posts Member
    Options
    Toukai wrote: »
    @JoshG
    Yea, I should start gearing her. I have been kind of putting it off. If @DV_27 is right and a max gear does considerably more damage, I might just bring her into GW more often.

I still dont want her on a team without an RG as even I can kill a Rey in a GS + assist.

And I just checked, she is gear level IV. Need 4 more levels :)
    She's been s permanent in my GW ever since I activated her. I use a barriss lead which makes up for her HP. She's really fun to play with In GW so far
  • JoshG
    908 posts Member
    Options
    Yea her gear makes a big difference. She is definitely squishy at 5*s but her foresight helps. Her damage is still great though. If she doesn't have any debuffs she can usually one shot a max Sid or Dooku with her last ability which helps a ton in GW.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    I am one shard away from unlocking her. 2 month grind. I don't even care if she is going to get nerfed. I am happy!
  • DV_27
    967 posts Member
    Options
    JoshG wrote: »
    Yea her gear makes a big difference. She is definitely squishy at 5*s but her foresight helps. Her damage is still great though. If she doesn't have any debuffs she can usually one shot a max Sid or Dooku with her last ability which helps a ton in GW.

Seeing as the other 4 I use are all Jedi that's definitely what I use her for. It's great seeing sid die in one shot without having to watch the dozen dodges first
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    @Toukai Yep, Gear 6 is not enough. Get her to max. She won't do 2k even if she's debuffed probably.
  • Options
    dont unlock rey, waste of time. shes the worst, waste of your training droids and money.
    how can they make her so weak !
  • Options
    dont unlock rey, waste of time. shes the worst, waste of your training droids and money.

your nuts. Rey is one of the best characters in the game
  • Options
    I'll add another point to the "viable at 5*" side. I use her at 5*, almost max gear, max skills. I'm on a mature late November server and finish top 5 daily. It helps to have some kind of evasion/avoidance for defense (Dooku lead, Daka, RG), but on offense she is awesome!

I assume she will continue to be good in the future as well since she is the face of the franchise going forward.
  • Anraeth
    536 posts Member
    Options
    I held off as you did until she hit 6 stars. She is completely viable, more so in a Dooku lead team. The foresight and evasion chance is amazing. So glad I pulled the trigger and maxed her out, she makes GW and Arena easy.
  • Options
    Don't get rey! Get Sidous or a powerful character.
    Rey will waste your time.
    Horribly...
  • Options

sarcasm bro...
    https://youtu.be/sbP3QQWv_Vg
    my Rey removing full hp fotp and than full hp HAN :)
  • Options

sarcasm bro...

Impressed you got RP, Rey and RG so high, so fast! I heard RP was a pain to gear so had stopped farming her. Just started again cos there's no one else.

On topic, 6 stars Rey is viable in Arena. Almost everyone here agrees.
  • Options

sarcasm bro...

Impressed you got RP, Rey and RG so high, so fast! I heard RP was a pain to gear so had stopped farming her. Just started again cos there's no one else.

On topic, 6 stars Rey is viable in Arena. Almost everyone here agrees.

I heard that RP was difficult to farm too, but didn't actually find her to be that bad. Rey seemed much more difficult.
  • Options
    RP gear at VIII is hard. his shards are very easy. RG is the real problem, only 2 places to farm, this is a nightmare.