The Magic of the Game

DukeFastcruise
14 posts Member
edited August 2021
Hi all,

This isn’t a complaint at all, just an open letter to CG with the community in mind.

I have been an avid daily player since the very beginning of this game - and boy do I love this game. the recent changes (though very new and we are still working things out as players), have really started taking away the magic of this game. I feel like this game thrived when players felt those major accomplishments. Who remembers taking those undergeared Ewoks to earn C3P0? Or lightly relicing B1 and B2 to earn GAS? Sometimes taking dozens of attempts to finally get that RNG right! Or that huge rush when Vader threw his culling blade to take down that r8 Rey on the other side of GAC? (A matchup that was never a guarantee) Man what a thrill that gave you.

We now have a game where new characters have such high requirements, the event itself is an after-thought, with most of us asking, where is the auto-button? Of course we feel good when we finally get kenobi, and the other GLs, but are we feeling that excitement when we relic 8 GMY so I can get the character in the easiest event ever? No. Even unlocking these major characters is more of a relief as opposed to excitement.

We now have a game where we have a new ship (executor), that was balanced nicely on release - it would take a few attempts, but those pesky rebels or **** buzz droid separatists could break through the line (achievement! Excitement!) - but CG decides to make it beyond a power jump and takes x5 amazing RNG to take down. I have executor and I am already bored of constantly fighting other executors in fleet arena - giving no excitement or achievement during that climb. There are 5 executors in my fleet shard, none have dropped from top 5 to my knowledge since the buff - no magic there.

We now have a game where “too many players unlocked a greatly desired character (CAT)” in conquest, with potentially smaller GP players getting her with excellent skill, resource management, and time. So CG decides let’s make our newest game mode a chore and a grind and beyond achievable to get the new shiny toy unless you have an insanely deep roster of ‘off-meta’ teams (Phoenix, rebel fighters, geos, etc) - zero thrill of achievement and excitement for “underdogging” the event.

We now have a game where amazing, iconic characters (legendary gas, jkl, and Vader (I know Vader isn’t technically isn’t in journey guide) have no chance against GLs. I heard not one complain of a JKR/jkl team beating slkr, or Vader beating Rey. Those moments beating those teams were EPIC. Those characters are amazing and should be treated as such. But now we enter a time where the “rock paper scissors” of GLs fighting GLs is the only option. Has anyone gotten truly excited having SEE take down JML? Even 1v5? I haven’t. Or slkr over Rey? Or JMK over “insert GL here”? It’s rudimentary.

I love this game. I will continue to love this game. Star Wars is something we all love, a love that goes deeper than any game. But please remember the original magic of this game: theory crafting. Undergeared achievements. UnderGPed achievements. And the feeling of FINALLY unlocking that character, who’s event took hours, or getting max crate conquest having to cheese a couple feats.

This might be my opinion, and mine alone, but the feeling of CG milking every last dollar they can get is becoming increasingly obvious in every move they make (I know the object of a game is to make money (duh), and the whales do need some advantage for essentially funding this game - but it is removing the magic and excitement of this game.

I apologize for the novel. May the force be with you all.

Replies

• Options
    I agree the magic is fading.

I just unlocked JMK a couple of days ago. Only my second GL. No thrill felt. The event is so disappointing. I'm glad to not lose this tickets, but I'd much rather play a challenging event with no ticket system.

GAS was painful as I did hundreds of attempts, going in with g11 droideka, g12 others and relic assaj. Ended up with r4 b1 before completing it. But my heart was pumping, I was on the edge of my seat, and what am amazing feeling when I got him!! Magic!

With GL events there is anxiety about wasting tickets, so you better watch the vids and spoil the event. At least there is nothing to spoil for JMK.

I got JMK, then all I did was get out the calculator to estimate how long until I get the ultimate. Zero thrill.

Zero magic.
  • Options
    @CG_Doja_Fett_MINI why did my post, above, get removed from general discussion?
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    Because it's feedback?

Also the community managers don't move posts (AFAIK), moderators do.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    I got advice on this once from TVF. Just use the option to view latest discussions instead of browsing all the categories. Let's you see what people are talking about. I always do that now.
    Thanks TVF!
  • Options
    Hi all,

This isn’t a complaint at all, just an open letter to CG with the community in mind.

I have been an avid daily player since the very beginning of this game - and boy do I love this game. the recent changes (though very new and we are still working things out as players), have really started taking away the magic of this game. I feel like this game thrived when players felt those major accomplishments. Who remembers taking those undergeared Ewoks to earn C3P0? Or lightly relicing B1 and B2 to earn GAS? Sometimes taking dozens of attempts to finally get that RNG right! Or that huge rush when Vader threw his culling blade to take down that r8 Rey on the other side of GAC? (A matchup that was never a guarantee) Man what a thrill that gave you.

We now have a game where new characters have such high requirements, the event itself is an after-thought, with most of us asking, where is the auto-button? Of course we feel good when we finally get kenobi, and the other GLs, but are we feeling that excitement when we relic 8 GMY so I can get the character in the easiest event ever? No. Even unlocking these major characters is more of a relief as opposed to excitement.

We now have a game where we have a new ship (executor), that was balanced nicely on release - it would take a few attempts, but those pesky rebels or **** buzz droid separatists could break through the line (achievement! Excitement!) - but CG decides to make it beyond a power jump and takes x5 amazing RNG to take down. I have executor and I am already bored of constantly fighting other executors in fleet arena - giving no excitement or achievement during that climb. There are 5 executors in my fleet shard, none have dropped from top 5 to my knowledge since the buff - no magic there.

We now have a game where “too many players unlocked a greatly desired character (CAT)” in conquest, with potentially smaller GP players getting her with excellent skill, resource management, and time. So CG decides let’s make our newest game mode a chore and a grind and beyond achievable to get the new shiny toy unless you have an insanely deep roster of ‘off-meta’ teams (Phoenix, rebel fighters, geos, etc) - zero thrill of achievement and excitement for “underdogging” the event.

We now have a game where amazing, iconic characters (legendary gas, jkl, and Vader (I know Vader isn’t technically isn’t in journey guide) have no chance against GLs. I heard not one complain of a JKR/jkl team beating slkr, or Vader beating Rey. Those moments beating those teams were EPIC. Those characters are amazing and should be treated as such. But now we enter a time where the “rock paper scissors” of GLs fighting GLs is the only option. Has anyone gotten truly excited having SEE take down JML? Even 1v5? I haven’t. Or slkr over Rey? Or JMK over “insert GL here”? It’s rudimentary.

I love this game. I will continue to love this game. Star Wars is something we all love, a love that goes deeper than any game. But please remember the original magic of this game: theory crafting. Undergeared achievements. UnderGPed achievements. And the feeling of FINALLY unlocking that character, who’s event took hours, or getting max crate conquest having to cheese a couple feats.

This might be my opinion, and mine alone, but the feeling of CG milking every last dollar they can get is becoming increasingly obvious in every move they make (I know the object of a game is to make money (duh), and the whales do need some advantage for essentially funding this game - but it is removing the magic and excitement of this game.

I apologize for the novel. May the force be with you all.

I’d love to be able to use my favorite characters and succeed as opposed to what other people tell me to use just because it’s “the new shiny thing.” I’m close to unlocking supreme leader kylo’s event, and it doesn’t even feel like an achievement, just an overly long grind for one character.

Heck, the only galactic legends I have any care for are Kenobi and Lord Vader, and it’s because they’re some of my favorite characters as opposed to their status as galactic legends, because I do not like galactic legends, but I’m no where near close to being able to collect relic level 8 materials to get them.

It feels like I’m being told “no, no, you have to go for these galactic legend characters if you want to be able to beat this game mode, don’t go for your favorite characters because they aren’t galactic legends.”