So now kills don’t always count as kills?

Prev1
Come on guys. What are you trying to do to your player base?

Replies

• Ultra
    11506 posts Moderator
    Options
    Its always been like this
  • Options
    i'm fairly sure the DOT/expose, etc damage has always been the case.Thats why it doesnt show up in raid damage when you get the characters damage amounts.
  • Options
    So I get that expose can be deceiving, since the damage only happens when you attack; but who did you expect to get credit when a character dies from DOT or Plague?

And just to reiterate: this is not new. Most people just forgot (or maybe never realized) because it doesn't actually matter anywhere else.
  • Options
    To be fair, while it's always been like this, this is the first time they are adding data disks that expose enemies.
  • Options
    I never knew that expose was part of the toon kills themselves thing. What a pain.
  • Ultra
    11506 posts Moderator
    Options
    StarSon wrote: »
    So I get that expose can be deceiving, since the damage only happens when you attack; but who did you expect to get credit when a character dies from DOT or Plague?
    All damage from debuffs are attributed to self (expose damage, Damage over time damage, Plague damage, Burning damage) etc

Its an architectural design from its introduction which made sense back then, before feats were a thing
  • Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    All damage from debuffs are attributed to self (expose damage, Damage over time damage, Plague damage, Burning damage) etc

Its an architectural design from its introduction which made sense back then, before feats were a thing

An issue I guess is adding data disks that add expose. They might sound good in theory, but now mechanics clearly explained, those mechanic and feats are not going to be friends.
  • Options

sounds like something that needs to be revisited then. And changed.
  • Options

Yes, I am aware. I even basically said as much without the big words. What I want to know is, who did the OP thing was going to get credit when a character died from a DOT?
  • Options
    If I put poison on someone's food, I won't go to jail. It will count as suicide. CG logic.
  • Options

Yes, I am aware. I even basically said as much without the big words. What I want to know is, who did the OP thing was going to get credit when a character died from a DOT?

The easy answer is “whoever inflicted that debuff”. Of course that gets even trickier when you have multiple characters inflicted DoTs on one team.
  • Options
    If I understand correctly, some debuffs on enemies count as suicide. What an implacable logic.
    It's really an art to exceed your player base in the smallest details, and you have to admit that you excel in this art for some time. I really feel like we are being taken for fools more and more.
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options

Yes, I am aware. I even basically said as much without the big words.

e4qk17ma4nxm2k1t.gif?auto=compress%2Cformat
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    Well bad code is not an excuse. Plague or any other DOT is applied by a unit so it should get the kill. Saying that it always worked like that is just an excuse to force us to wrongfully accept that this is how it was coded back then and we have to live with it.

let's reverse this just for fun: Kill 100 enemy unit with Jedi.... Oh wait, kills don't count because it's the light saber that did the kill, not the Jedi, that's how it is coded, the unit has to do the kill, not the weapon.

Come on, this has to change
  • Options
    Let's look on the bright side: if you poison your mother-in-law and she dies, according to CG it is a suicide. I hope that this will become a precedent in the courts.
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    Epidem wrote: »
    Let's look on the bright side: if you poison your mother-in-law and she dies, according to CG it is a suicide. I hope that this will become a precedent in the courts.

Yikes
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options

If not, this post may at least.
  • Options
    It was the same way with Boba lead. It could become impossible to trigger payout
  • Options
    Isn't a defeat a defeat ? Don't understand the logic ? This is intended ? What a joke
  • Options
    Man y’all took an odd interaction in a game and went straight to murder? Maybe you need to take a breath and put the device down for a bit.
  • Options
    If this is working like intended I'm confused 😕
  • Options
    i still don't get why my CAT didn't get credit for at least one kill she's killed. there were no debuffs on the enemies.........i mean maybe she assisted and ended up getting the kill but that can't be possible, can it? Then again, after this past month that wouldn't surprise me.
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    Options

This thread took a dark turn…
    I've found this whole experience to be very enlightening.

Thank you for evaluating. Your feedback is appreciated.
  • Options
    They aren't alive, so they can't be killed.
  • Options
    CG logic
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    Options
    Not a valid excuse.

It should've been fixed by now if it's not WAI.

Remember the Undying Loyalty bug? It takes them quite some time to fix things if it doesn’t bring them money.
    I've found this whole experience to be very enlightening.

Thank you for evaluating. Your feedback is appreciated.
  • Ultra
    11506 posts Moderator
    Options
    Not a valid excuse.

It should've been fixed by now if it's not WAI.
    this is WAI so there is nothing to fix

Up to them if they want to decide to change how game mechanics work due to complaints