Suggestion for Territory Wars

Territory wars is feeling more and more like a chore and I was trying to think of ways it could be more fun. I thought a Territory Wars Championship could be a possibility.

It could run like a single round of GAC - 8 guilds and have a playoff for rankings 1-8 (would mean any player who joins has to join for all three battles). An alternative to that would be to matchmake each round depending on how many players join and you just go up against a guild that has the same number of wins/losses as you.

Another option would be to have a multi-round situation like GAC which could start get more complicated.

The advantages for the players as I see it would be:

1. Increase the stakes of winning a TW, current rewards are a bit underwhelming and it's hard to get players engaged. However, if there is a reward associated with winning several TWs in a row the motivation is higher to perform well every time.

2. It'd be something a bit different and makes developing a good TW roster more valuable.

Advantages for CG (as I see them anyway).

1. All gameplay is based on existing Territory Wars so no major implementation needed.

2. It's PvP so it's self-balancing in terms of difficulty.

3. Rewards would based on ranking so there's a limited number of guilds that could get top placing in their respective championships so wouldn't need to worry about too many players/guilds getting too many rewards.

4. Maybe it doesn't represent a direct income stream but if there's more motivation for guilds to develop good PvP rosters then that would be another reason for players to develop characters/squads not necessarily connected to individual events.

* disclaimer - I'm sorry if this has been suggested before, I couldn't find any reference to it when I searched but admittedly I didn't look through all 1000 pages of results.