My Suggestions to help this game

Dear @CG_Doja_Fett_MINI and @CG_SBCrumb_MINI,

I never do this but I have fallen in love with this game and want to contribute to making it better. So here is my attempt at doing just that.

For a little perspective, I started playing this past December and am currently at 2.8 mil GP. I am a lite spender, mostly for crystals for refreshes but am willing to spend a little from time to time. I also recently started a second account two weeks ago that I intend to keep free to play.

My biggest suggestion is that you need to work on communicating the plan and the vision for this game. Like so many others I play this game everyday and in the last month I feel like many decisions that you (and from this point if I say you I mean CG) have made me feel like I will not be a long term player. I have no idea where this game is going? In the last few months all I have seen is end game content or future end game materials (Relic 9) and no road ahead on how players like myself will one day reach that content or even compete for that content. I almost feel like I will never reach that place and for several reasons.

The biggest reason is the gear crunch. I know Crumb was on with AP Gains last night and said that it's something that is being discussed but that literally tells me nothing. It is a politician's answer and I get it to a point, but for how long has this community been telling you this? From my point of view it feels like you are ignoring this issue and just hoping it goes away. I want to start the journey for my favorite character soon (JMK), but in the last month I have honestly asked if I ever even want to go for a GL. The time it is taking just to build teams to be competitive to earn materials is beating me down and hearing about more increases in gear is well... discouraging. You will lose players over this and maybe even myself in the near future.

My solution to this issue (for me) is I need a better picture of what is going on with this game, if I am going to continue to invest in this I want to know that when I get JMK I will have fun. Right now I feel like I will get JMK and after THAT chore I will just have more chores to do. That is not a fun game to spend time and money on in my eyes. A good example that I can give you is the video game Destiny. It took time but eventually they gave the community clearer road maps and answers to the big question of why. Now not only do they have a community that is better informed but they are also just happier knowing where the game is heading. I feel like you only give us that last speck that the Grinch takes from Cindy-lou Who’s house, too small for even a mouse.

Here are some examples of better communication to me, dev videos on why certain requirements were chosen. Point and case, Lord Vader. That is some of the loosest “lore” I have ever seen for Star Wars. It would be hard for you to convince me that some of these choices are not financially based, but that's where I need YOU to help me and the player base understand. I don’t care if you put some characters in because you want us to gear them up (and in doing so for some to spend on) because they are less used characters and you don’t want to repeat too many for GL requirements. BUT TELL US THAT. It's ok that you want to make money, you are a business and you should, but man, I feel like you give us nothing in terms of the why. And from what I can tell you are doing more than in the past, but I feel like it is next to nothing. I didn’t even know who either of you were until the video you made.

Another thing you can do leading up to things like Relic 9 is telling us how this is playing into the bigger game. I know you have a plan and I don’t want to know everything in the next year you have planned but give us a preview, a snapshot of what is to come. All you did was announce another “thing” to chase for but why? You say we will understand when it happens, I am saying I hope along the way you help us see, things like that need a better build up (and announcement for that case). That way we are actually excited for something like Relic 9. If you intend to make the gear crunch easier then just say “Yes, we will be making it easier in the future”. Right now you are just “discussing” it and that sounds a lot like the same old thing and nothing is going to change. How am I, someone with 5 Reliced characters and none higher than Relic 5, supposed to feel about something so far out of reach that it makes me say “why bother”? It's ok to tell us goals in terms of dates to hit markers like that. Such as (We plan to implement our plan to address the gear crunch in 4th quarter 2021”. If you have to push it back then push it back, but be sure to tell us and tell us sooner rather than later. The community will understand because you communicated with us. Right now all your communication is about what many see as negative things because the vast majority of it looks like a money grab.

Why can’t the player base have an outline of some sorts for the next 3-4 months of the game? No hard details, just little bits of information that the content creators and your studio can build around. Two weeks later drop the theme “Smuggler” “Bounty Hunter” “Aliens” “Droids” “SHIPS”, you get the picture. Again, Destiny players have known pieces of the newest expansion coming out for months now. Right now I know that LV and Relic 9 are coming soon… what else is happening soon? What else is getting fixed? Update? Anything!? Where is this game going? I feel like this community is players versus developers all the time, and I’m sorry but YOU have to find a way to fix that. And telling people (many who can be rude) to tell EA if you don’t like how you engage with the community is not the answer. That was a childish comment and no way to treat the community, this only plays into the “us versus them” mentality and just unneeded in such times for the developers side of things.

Lastly, please keep up the engagement with the content creators. You have a great community of them out there and I can tell they hate saying negative things about this game but you honestly don’t give them many reasons to sing your high praises. Oh… and about AhnaldT101. I only know bits and pieces about the past between you two but either make some kind of statement about not being able to collaborate with him for reason X, Y and Z or please utilize the biggest resource you have in the content creator community. I get it if you can’t work with him but just say it then. End some of that tension because him (and many other content creators) is a huge part of why I enjoy this game so much and if I didn’t find him online I likely would have quit by now.

Like I have been saying, the community needs a vision, a way forward and for YOU to communicate that with us. Right now, with the Executor, LV, Maul and Relic 9 announcement makes it feel like your shareholders meeting on how you will be making money. Not the direction this game is going. I look forward to many days of grinding and battling in what is currently my favorite game to play, but I really hope something meaningful changes soon.