Comparing New Data Disks

Looking to get some discussion going on the new disk options.

I recently came across this choice & thought it would be a good starting point.

Which is better/worse? What you you choose?

yfd6l20rp0dj.png

Replies

• Options
    5yhhi7frgrde.jpg
    I choose purple
  • Options
    Of those three I like Blindside because there are quite a few discs that trigger off attacking out of turn and you can build strong synergy with those.

Being immune to some status effects for 2 turns is helpful later on when enemies are faster, but, honestly, there are discs that do it better—the one that gives an unresistable offense down and crit damage down at the start of enemy turns, for instance. That one has chef’s kiss synergy with Bossk lead.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    Holy Moly that is a lot of Purple.

Blindside is what I went with since so many teams I use have loads of assists.
    The immunity looked good but the 2 turns issue seemed a bit short compared to all battle Exposes.
  • Options
    Immunity might actually be better. Most of my choices have been between bad batch and padme or GAS. If you face bad batch, they will most likely go first (all of them) and stun your whole team. This would at least give you a fighting chance against them
  • Options
    CLS team (mine are low - mid relic) of CLS, Han, C3P0, Chewpio, and Chewie WRECK even R7 Bad Batch.

Target Echo 1st, Wrecker/Tech 2nd is key.

Data Disks are Ruthless Offense/Swiftness, Debuff Dismantler, etc...
  • Stryde
    152 posts Member
    edited September 2021
    Options
    I think Blindside can be helpful, as long as you're aware that some feats may take longer if your enemy squads die from "exposure" instead of from your character. I haven't equipped Blindside for that reason, after catching up on those forum concerns and the Developer post on some feats not counting the defeats, with the specific expose example. I don't want to pay to unequip.

Steadfast Focus looks neat (I haven't encountered one yet, or it was a white data disk) and could be helpful for the Overprepared enemy bonus. I'm seconding Scuttle's recommendation. Although I see you've moved on by this point.

I mean, we all need to keep moving if we're going for crate maximization.
  • Options
    I usually find taking down Tech is the way to go as his aoe has a nasty habit of wiping out a large chunk of my team. I find my ITs work if Piett goes first with his aoe.
  • Options
    NicWester wrote: »
    Of those three I like Blindside because there are quite a few discs that trigger off attacking out of turn and you can build strong synergy with those.

Never choose blindside. Killing an exposed target doesn’t count as a kill for the feats - it’s one of the suicide debuffs.
  • Options
    This sounds very dumb.
    We gave you a new disk, but, you won't get any kill credit if you use it.
    Totally lame.
  • Options
    It would be nice to be able to switch discs and try different combinations …. But no, they **** the fun out of it.
  • Options
    C’mon that wasn’t even a bad word!
  • Options
    I’m finding Blindside key to winning with a full team of Geos in Sector 5. But after that it’s probably best to use other ones.
  • Options
    Weak Point is the best data disk.
  • TVF
    36625 posts Member
    Options
    Weak Point is the best data disk.

But only on Friday.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF
    36625 posts Member
    Options
    Wolfcast1e wrote: »
    C’mon that wasn’t even a bad word!

Unfortunately the filter doesn't do context.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH