Gate Conquest Progress With Stamina, Not Energy

Degs29
361 posts Member
edited September 2021
Seems to me CG implemented the perfect tool for engaging a player's entire roster, but aren't using it to proper effect. Recent changes have made each individual node more costly, regardless of team used. I'd argue for a different approach.

Firstly, I'd reduce the energy cost back to 10 per battle. Then, I'd change how stamina impacts a squad. I'd increase stamina cost to 20% per battle, and the effect on stats would not be a linear correlation, but a relatively simple formula along these lines:

Lost Stats = Lost Stamina ^ 1.5 * 0.1

This is an exponential curve, meaning the effects would be reduced initially, but more drastic later. Here are some effects at various stamina lost:

20% Stamina Lost = 8.94% Stat Reduction
40% Stamina Lost = 25.30% Stat Reduction
60% Stamina Lost = 46.48% Stat Reduction
80% Stamina Lost = 71.55% Stat Reduction
100% Stamina Lost = 100% Stat Reduction (Unable to enter battle)

What this means is, a single team's effectiveness would decrease much more rapidly per battle, likely being non-viable after 2 or 3 battles. In other words, one or two GLs can't single-handed run the gambit, requiring that players look deeper into their rosters to complete Conquest. They'd certainly have a lot more energy to experiment, and each node wouldn't hurt so much in a loss.

To make it less painful to use "weaker" teams, they would receive modifiers similar to how enemies do, in order to make them viable, without nerfing Conquest enemies. One of the major problems at the moment is feats requiring a specific team -- like Smugglers -- but enemies being WAY too difficult for a team of smugglers to defeat. Smugglers could get the Overprepared II modifier to bring them up to par. The goal being to make all teams viable, at the appropriate gear level. Not saying g10 Smugglers should be able to win in Sector 4 Hard, but relic'd ones should have a shot, with the proper data disks and team selection.

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Degs29 wrote: »

This is an exponential curve, meaning the effects would be reduced initially, but more drastic later. Here are some effects at various stamina lost:

What this means is, a single team's effectiveness would decrease much more rapidly per battle, likely being non-viable after 2 or 3 battles.
    In other words, one or two GLs can't single-handed run the gambit, requiring that players look deeper into their rosters to complete Conquest. They'd certainly have a lot more energy to experiment, and each node wouldn't hurt so much in a loss.

I'm a little confused on this part.

Currently each battle removes 10%. 4 battles removes 40%.

In your setup 4 battles loses 25%.
    How does this equate to decreasing effectiveness faster?

I also don't see them removing the double effect they currently have built in, it seems they each serve a purpose depending on where your roster is development wise.
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »

What this means is, a single team's effectiveness would decrease much more rapidly per battle, likely being non-viable after 2 or 3 battles.
    In other words, one or two GLs can't single-handed run the gambit, requiring that players look deeper into their rosters to complete Conquest. They'd certainly have a lot more energy to experiment, and each node wouldn't hurt so much in a loss.

I also don't see them removing the double effect they currently have built in, it seems they each serve a purpose depending on where your roster is development wise.

4 battles loses 80%. 20% per battle. You're confusing stamina loss and effectiveness loss for that stamina loss.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    TVF wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »

4 battles loses 80%. 20% per battle. You're confusing stamina loss and effectiveness loss for that stamina loss.

That's what I missed, each battle costing 20% not 10%. Got it.