Geonosian soldier

Prev1
I know this has been posted numerous times for months now but I just can't get over it. A geonosian shoulder could be destroyed by a single blast in the movies and shows and were never a threat. They shouldnt be able to one shot anyone. The droid team is incredibly overpowered and they either need to do an extreme nerf to gs or add more characters that synergize like the druid geonosian team. I love this game but geonosian soldier needs to be taken care of

Replies

• RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Options
    GS is fine, take out 88 before he goes and you have a much better chance of winning against a droid team. If you have a QGJ team with the right players, you can take out 88 and 86 before anyone goes.
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • Options
    GS is the free player FOTP or Leia. Stop asking for his nerf.
    You can all go to hell, me... I'll go to Texas
  • Options
    My team is Phasma leader, lumi, kylo, dooku, and fives. All 7 star maxed. Half of them are killed before they even get an attack
  • Options
    No will will ever stop asking for his nerf. Leia has a third of gs health and is not a threat. Plus leia is a main character so it makes sense for her to be good. Gs is the **** thing ever and should not be a top 5 character
  • Options
    Get better, nerf less
  • Royce
    83 posts Member
    Options
    It's a game not a movie. and besides all your characters except dooku are so slow that's why they get killed before they can hit.
    In-game name: Royce. Ally code: 844-142-988
  • wisenuts
    561 posts Member
    Options
    just 7*'d him. leave him alone!
  • Zetto
    178 posts Member
    Options
    PmanRingo wrote: »
    My team is Phasma leader, lumi, kylo, dooku, and fives. All 7 star maxed. Half of them are killed before they even get an attack

Well, you got a very slow team there (except Dooku, that guy should go first against pretty much everyone out there if you geared him properly). Since right now the speed is king, you need to adapt instead of complaining. I used to run Phasma but dropped her a while ago since she was not cutting it any more.
  • slmcmr
    875 posts Member
    Options
    GS is nothing compared to Rey. Yes she might be somewhat slower for now but she will be faster than many others soon (including the bug) and her damage keeps increasing. Though it is all meaningless to talk about those characters while we are at the edge of a huge(?) change in the game.
  • Options
    I love my 7* Maxed Gear GS at level 71!
    I built him because I saw how strong he was when I was facing other teams that had him.
    Other people complain about everyone and their grandma having Dooku. I do not have him but I do not complain about him either. I made my choice on who to use my resources on.
    I made a path decision just like you can make your own path decision.
    Now that he is set in the game, if he gets killed by the developers, I would want a quick compensation so that I can be given the next TOP hero of my desire.

By the way, my GS gets beat every day! Why not just build a team that can beat him like others do? I am consistently in the top 50 on my server. I have improvements to make in order to make the top 20. My highest rank at the close of a day was 21. Just having a GS does not make a team.
  • luuuje
    153 posts Member
    Options
    geonosian shoulder

I will admit I may have laughed too much at this
  • Options
    Do those droid teams you face have Poe on them? My guess is that he's a bigger issue than GS. Your team is unfortunately weak in this meta and Poe just emphasizes it.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    So gs kills half that team before either of them can attack? So he attacks twice before Dooku? Nice! Go GS! Show me where GS one shots 7* maxed gear Phasma, Fives and Ren please i want to see. Or is Dooku half your team?
  • slmcmr
    875 posts Member
    Options
    KeyMan64x wrote: »
    Just having a GS does not make a team.
    This
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    This thread is double funny because i just finished a fight where i saved my opponents 7* GS for last, because there were bigger threats there.
  • Yarzahn
    329 posts Member
    Options
    I know this has been posted numerous times for months now but I just can't get over it. A geonosian shoulder could be destroyed by a single blast in the movies and shows and were never a threat. They shouldnt be able to one shot anyone. The droid team is incredibly overpowered and they either need to do an extreme nerf to gs or add more characters that synergize like the druid geonosian team. I love this game but geonosian soldier needs to be taken care of

Both Ig-88 and Ig-86 are bigger threats than geo soldier in a droid team.
  • Options
    if you can't beat a certain team you should see how you could improve yours to be able to beat them. So if GS is able to kill you before you have a turn then improve the speed of your team. If your players aren't doing enough damage, invest in a stronger damage player. You could also get GS
  • Diraan
    332 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    If you are really that scared of GS and you could try for a Dooku force lightning stun or Lumi's ability block. Either will negate him.

GS really isn't that big a deal when you're on offense.

Edit: Though I do agree that a Geonosian soldier with this kind of power compared to sith/jedi is a bit ridiculous.

How about instead of nerfing him we make him a named character? I vote Captain Geonosian Soldier
    4/25/2016 - The day General Grevious Shards were reasonably priced.
  • Options
    At level 80 he should be balanced out, will still do crazy damage with his assist. But plenty of other character will get a turn in before him.
  • Options
    At level 80 he should be balanced out, will still do crazy damage with his assist. But plenty of other character will get a turn in before him.
    If Jawa Engineer gets introduced, I hope he does, his base speed is 153 but he gets +10 speed for each Jawa/Droid member. He could have speed of 193 at level 80! I already have Dathcha and Jawa so I want Jawa Engineer and Chief Nesbit introduced into the game. Then I will build IG-86. When that happens, no one will need to complain about Dooku or GS or the speed of Yoda/QGJ etc....I will have a Jawa team! Lol
  • Olle
    501 posts Member
    Options
    GS and Rey are are very OP right now. Hopefully that will change.

If AI was fixed on such a manner that on defense these toons made smart decisions, you would see them even more.
  • GOfish52
    222 posts Member
    Options
    What everyone fails to understand is the the Geonosian Soldier is representative of a whole army. Hence the move swarm and why they are strong. Think bigger than just one bug, think a whole bunch of bugs.
  • cby
    105 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    No will will ever stop asking for his nerf. Leia has a third of gs health and is not a threat. Plus leia is a main character so it makes sense for her to be good. Gs is the **** thing ever and should not be a top 5 character

Leia health: 12,665
    GS health: 13,889

(7* max gear at level 70 cap)
    Edit: these are actually level 80 stats.
    Post edited by cby on
  • Options
    GS for President! If I could get an 8th star I would! I love me some GS. DOUBLE POW. YEHAW!
  • Options
    KeyMan64x wrote: »
    If Jawa Engineer gets introduced, I hope he does, his base speed is 153 but he gets +10 speed for each Jawa/Droid member. He could have speed of 193 at level 80! I already have Dathcha and Jawa so I want Jawa Engineer and Chief Nesbit introduced into the game. Then I will build IG-86. When that happens, no one will need to complain about Dooku or GS or the speed of Yoda/QGJ etc....I will have a Jawa team! Lol

Shhhhhhh. Nobody farming Jawa here move along. (Quiet dude some of us are preparing for the Jawa Meta, let them complain about GS or Dooku while we're hammering away the next annoyance :P)
  • Olle
    501 posts Member
    Options
    I personally could care less if he's a bug, worm, Jedi, Sith, lone star from space balls. What I care about is that he is OP with little weakness.

High speed

Great ability with 1 turn CD

Great HP

TM on a crit.

He one shots QGJ fairly easy with other DPS present. He's not a game breaker but is way above average in many aspects and is there for over powered.
  • Options
    Alexone wrote: »
    So gs kills half that team before either of them can attack? So he attacks twice before Dooku? Nice! Go GS! Show me where GS one shots 7* maxed gear Phasma, Fives and Ren please i want to see. Or is Dooku half your team?

I'll attack with dooku first to try to stun poe or ig88, then gs hits lumi and the bonus kills hers. Then ig88 attacks and kills dooku, them ig86 will attack Phasma or kylo and the bonus will finish them. Finally I just have kylo to attack once and he dies and fives dies a turn or two later.
  • Options
    cby wrote: »

Leia health: 12,665
    GS health: 13,889

(7* max gear at level 70 cap)

Except I've only seen one 7 star leia. Every team has 7 star gs so leia isn't even worth mentioning
  • Options
    Nothing can stop the Geonosian march.
  • RU486
    1686 posts Member
    Options
    Love how people whine when they made the mistake of not getting a certain character then demanding a nerf of said character.