Give SEE back his mojo against Master Kenobi !

VesperVDH
5 posts Member
edited September 2021
SEE wasn't all that great in defense, but now he is really suffering against Kenobi and therefore disappeared in many Arena TOP 50's, which are now basically walls of Kenobi. It is BORING! Luckily I can counter Kenobi but I lost 3 of my friends who really can't get through. I also invested in SEE and I think you really need to re-consider his abilities with The Armorer.

- Now Kenobi ignores protection (so shielding with Wat Tambor is out)
- Now Kenobi makes it that 3 stack SEE can't counter
- Now Kenobi ignores taunt

I am not a FTP player, but I believe there has to be room for both. If I lose my friends I will be the only one sticking in this arena with a couple of whales who basically ALL HAVE THE SAME TEAMS and the same set-ups! Again IT IS BORING! Stop nerving the fun out of this game CG! Just STOP!
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• Options
    Kenobi is a Galactic Legend Legend.

He’s in a different category. It’s like George Orwell’s dystopian masterpiece Animal Farm.

All Animals are equal, but some are more equal than others.
  • Options
    It seems like their intent is to just pummel things into the ground. They literally just hard countered SEE against Kenobi. But like everything they’ll say their listening but won’t do anything about it. Hell they pretty much have dodged all the culling blade controversy and show no intent of addressing that.
  • Options
    Crayons wrote: »

He’s in a different category. It’s like George Orwell’s dystopian masterpiece Animal Farm.

SEE is also a GL.
  • TVF
    36612 posts Member
    Options
    Whaleathon wrote: »
    Crayons wrote: »

SEE is also a GL.

Woosh
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    Plus 1 the original comment.
    This recent buff to JMK is specifically designed to nerf SEE. The SEE/Armorer combo was great on offence but still awful on defence. There was a great Rock/Paper/Scissors in Squad Arena where you really needed 2 teams at a minimum with GL to stay up there. It's now just a wall of JMK.

I can imagine the discussions at CG being along the lines of: well, it's a bit too easy to get SEE if you're FTP, and he's a bit too competitive against JMK which our whales have spent on, let's nerf him.

Bad for the game IMHO.

PS not bitter as I'll be unlocking JMK soon anyway so I'll still be competitive but it will just make Squad Arena climbing even more of a time consuming chore.
  • Options
    And its not about GL kenobi either. Its all about CAT. I have five GLs and i will open vader before end of the year.. but as conquest was only place where you could get CAT i didnt realize how super duper powerful she was.. so i didnt focus to get her at first theree conquest.. as i thought i will get her for free at fourth.. and i thought she would be like KAM level character.. oh well how wrong i was.

This is what hapened then.. we need to wait fourth cat conquest more than one and half month.. and that time i found some softcounters against it.. now when fourth cat conquest is foining on, they raise difficult level and reduce ammount of CAT shards.. so i wont get her in this time either.. need to wait fiifth.. (if she is there anymore at that time) .. also few days ago CG basicly nerffed slkr and see counters against kenobi.. those counter both needed skill to play and correct mods. im about sure one thing: NOBODY in CG atudio plays this game.. and they dont have a clue how this kind of changes affect game and players... if they go back and nerf CAT in next month, true is, there is a lot of my kind of players who had missed thousands of crystals from not able to gain top positions at areena. Are they gonna compensate this.. defenetly not. As i know how that company works.
  • Options
    I don't really get the problem with JMK here... I myself got JMK as my first and only GL and I still don't stand a chance against SEE most of the time... I guess it might be cause I don't have CAT and I won't get her in near future either... So I guess nerfing CAT might be the way to go.
  • TVF
    36612 posts Member
    Options
    Definitely not the way to go.
  • Options
    Why not? The instakill round 1 when you put her to JMK is a tiny bit OP in my opinion
  • Options
    The GL should be OP, yes. The problem with JMK and probably LV is that their OP-ness is gated behind having their Conquest counterpart. There’s nothing wrong with that but it does “feel” like the GL you grind for is no longer the end-of-the-line achievement that it was for the first 4. On the other hand, these Conquest-level toons could also be released for past GLs to boost their viability to keep them on -par with future GLs, for example Snoke for SLKR.
  • MegaCrunchi
    50 posts Member
    edited September 2021
    Options
    But isn't the 'OP' part with JMK... CAT ?
    My Kenobi (without CAT) at least can beat SLKR and sometimes SEE and JML. I don't know if he can do more cause I've been traumatized with Rey and most other JMK in my Arena Shard have CAT so I don't even dare to try ^^"
  • Options
    Sebek wrote: »
    My Kenobi (without CAT) at least can beat SLKR and sometimes SEE and JML. I don't know if he can do more cause I've been traumatized with Rey and most other JMK in my Arena Shard have CAT so I don't even dare to try ^^"

What's your swgoh.gg?

https://swgoh.gg/u/megacrunchi/ if that's what you mean ^^"
  • TVF
    36612 posts Member
    Options

So this is why you want CAT nerfed then.
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »

No... I just think that nerfing CAT might be a better option than nerfing a GL thats signifiantly worse without her....
  • Options
    Sebek wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »

No... I just think that nerfing CAT might be a better option than nerfing a GL thats signifiantly worse without her....

Can't JMK defeat all other GLs even without CAT?

well... mine definitly can't xD
  • Options
    Tonight a second friend of mine quit the game after the last tweeks, and I totally get him. He invested months checking out the skill, invested time and money into it, only to have CG come in and amputate a leg and remove the armor. Another SAD day.
  • Options
    The thing that grinds me the most is that out of all the bugs, all the QoL updates they could have made; the most pressing thing they urgently had to fix was that JMK/CAT was being beaten by SEE (legitimately), and they had to put an immediate stop to it.
    Just tells you CG priorities these days...
    Zero focus on testing/bug fixes, or making the game more fun. 100% commitment to complaints by whales.