The Grand Inquisitor Kit Ideas

PLZhelpme80
20 posts Member
edited September 2021
Hello everyone! This is a character that I've been wanting in SWGOH since I started playing. So @Xcien and I put together this kit. Here are our ideas for the powerful Jedi Knight who turned to the dark side and became the masterful leader of the Inquisitors:
The Grand Inquisitor
Tags: Dark Side, Attacker, Empire, Inquisitors
Basic: Masterful Slash
Deal special damage to target enemy, this attack does 50% more damage to Jedi opponents. For each buff on the target enemy, inflict 1 Damage Over Time effect on them for 2 turns.
Special 1: (3) Calculating Mind
Dispell all buffs from Jedi enemies and apply healing immunity to them. All allies gain 2% offense (stacking) for each buff dispelled for 2 turns. Empire allies gain Health Steal up for 2 turns. If a Vader is an ally, he and the Grand Inquisitor gain offense up and defense penetration up for 2 turns.
Special 2: (4) Twirling Blades
Deal unavoidable special damage to target enemy and to all Jedi enemies. Stun for 1 turn all enemies that took damage during this turn. If an enemy is defeated by this ability, reset the Grand Inquisitor's cool downs, and reduce the cool downs of all Empire allies by 1.
Unique: There Are Fates Worse Than Death
Empire and Inquisitor allies have +30% Critical Chance and +50% Counter Chance against Jedi enemies. Jedi and Rebel enemies cannot evade the Grand Inquisitor’s attacks. If all allies are Inquisitors at the start of battle, Jedi enemies have -50% Tenacity and can’t counterattack.
The first time Grand Inquisitor is defeated while Darth Vader is active, he is revived at 100% Health and 0% Turn Meter as The Inquisitor (Spirit). Inquisitor (Spirit) gains Vader’s Tool Unique Status Effect for the rest of the battle and whenever he is revived while any Darth Vader is active. When all Darth Vaders are defeated, Inquisitor (Spirit) loses Vader's Tool. Inquisitor (Spirit) has -40% Max Health, 0% Protection, and -50% Defense. Whenever Inquisitor (Spirit) takes damage, it gains +5% Offense (stacking) until his next turn.
Vader's Tool: While any Darth Vader is active, whenever The Inquisitor (Spirit) is defeated, he is revived at 100% Health and 0% Turn Meter, which cannot be prevented.
When Grand Inquisitor becomes The Inquisitor (Spirit), he loses Masterful Slash and instead gains Anguished Strike.
(Spirit) Basic: Anguished Strike: Deal special damage to target enemy, this attack does 100% more damage to Jedi opponents. All units take damage equal to 5% of their max health.
Leader: Master of the Inquisitorius
All units on the field are immune to foresight. For each Empire ally at the start of an encounter, The Grand Inquisitor gains 5 speed (stacking, max 25). All Inquisitor allies gain max health equal to 70% of their offense at the start of the encounter, and lose max protection equal to 20% of their offense.
If all allies are Inquisitor at the start of the encounter, the following abilities are active: All allies gain +10% critical damage (stacking, max 50%) for each Jedi enemy at the start of an encounter. All allies deal 10% more damage if the target enemy is Jedi or Rebel. The first time The Grand Inquisitor is defeated, heal all Inquisitor allies equal to 50% of their max health and they gain the Power Struggle Unique Buff for 2 turns which cannot be prevented but can be dispelled. When a Jedi or Rebel enemy falls below 100%, 50%, and 1% health, all Inquisitor allies gain 1 stack of Hunter (stacking) which cannot be dispelled or prevented.
Power Struggle: At the start of this unit's turn, all other Inquisitor allies take damage equal to 10% of their max health. This unit gains offense equal to 50% of the damage done until their next turn.
Hunter: This buff cannot be dispelled or prevented, and all stacks expire whenever this unit falls beneath 50% health. This unit has +5% critical chance, critical damage, offense, and accuracy for each stack of Hunter.
Thanks for reading through the whole thing and I hope you enjoyed! Also, we added the Inquisitor tag and synergy for the possible implication of an Inquisitor faction, as there are many lore-relevant characters that could make up an interesting team. Anyways, I'd love to see what you think!
Post edited by PLZhelpme80 on

Replies

• Options
    Two things:
    1) Could you put the abilities into spoilers, please?
    2) The Grand Inquisitor wasn't a Jedi Knight, he was actually a Temple Sentinel
    I've found this whole experience to be very enlightening.

Thank you for evaluating. Your feedback is appreciated.
  • PLZhelpme80
    20 posts Member
    edited September 2021
    Options
    1. I'll try
    2. The Jedi Temple Guards were Jedi Sentinels, a force of strong Jedi Knights who were tasked with hunting down users of the dark side. Many were tasked with protecting the Jedi Temples as Temple Guards, like the Inquisitor once was.
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    Options
    1. I'll try
    2. The Jedi Temple Guards were Jedi Sentinels, a force of strong Jedi Knights who were tasked with hunting down users of the dark side. Many were tasked with protecting the Jedi Temples as Temple Guards, like the Inquisitor once was.

Okay. I though Sentinels and Knights were separate ranks, but after looking it up, a Jedi can be both a Knight and a Sentinel. My bad.
    I've found this whole experience to be very enlightening.

Thank you for evaluating. Your feedback is appreciated.
  • Options
    This is great, would be a fine addition to a LV team!
  • Options
    He is far from being the Master of the Inquisitorius…. That title goes to Darth Vader.

Also that unique is pretty terrible from the ground up. I hate the Rebels TV show but if you don’t know what that quote means the ability is nowhere close to matching it’s meaning. It means that they (former Jedi) were tortured into submitting to the dark side…
  • Options
    He is far from being the Master of the Inquisitorius…. That title goes to Darth Vader.

Also that unique is pretty terrible from the ground up. I hate the Rebels TV show but if you don’t know what that quote means the ability is nowhere close to matching it’s meaning. It means that they (former Jedi) were tortured into submitting to the dark side…

Fair enough, Darth Vader was definitely in charge of the Inquisitors. However, the Fate Worse than Death ability refers to his quote fearing Vader's wrath, and the fact that after he is killed his spirit is forced to stay an "eternal pawn of the sith" guarding the Jedi Outpost on Tempes. (Wookieepedia)