yoda for GW

Is yoda very good for GW ?
In a team like Bariss + Lumi + JC + X

Replies

• Options
    Yes! I run QGJ, Barris, Lum, JC and Yoda. i use QGJ lead until ppl can get two shot. Then I retreat and run Barris lead for the rest.
    ☮ Consular ☮
  • Quim
    665 posts Member
    Options
    I think you need attackers, the best is use Geonosian Soldier, and another option is Sidious that have auto-healing, also Asajj Ventress have auto-healing. My arena team is Lumi (L), GS, Sidious, Ventress and Royal Guard (RG also have auto-healing). Sometimes I use Barriss instead of RG to heal the team.

Yoda is a character for a long battles, not for a fast battles, the special abilities are not very useful in easy battles, so I think is more useful IG-88 for example, that can block abilities and have a better basic damage and a lot of HP steal (15%, the 6th character of the game with better HP steal). IG-86 is better for the Arena, but don't have HP steal, so in the GW I prefer use IG-88, he can be auto-healed after the AoE, because 15% of 4K in every enemy is +600 health, so can gain +3000 HP after the AoE, so sometimes also I use IG-88 instead of Royal Guard, Ventress or Sidious, and sometimes with IG-88 as leader. Maybe at the beginning is better with IG-88, without RG, and start to use RG in the second part of the GW:
  • Options
    Yoda is super nice if you come to a debuff/stun heavy team. In the past day or two I went up against Dooku, Daka, Old Ben, Sid and 88 (I think) on a harder node. At the beginning of the battle Yoda dropped a BM and the rest was super easy. I could easily focus on 88 and Daka without worrying about what Sid or Ben were doing and Dooku couldn't slow me down right away. It could have gone really bad if the RNG was against me, but Yoda made that impossible.

LIke Quim said, if you know it will be a longer battle he's pretty good. Giving your whole team foresight can make a big difference in some battles.

He's also super fun to use in battles that you know you can win, but aren't too easy. Setting it up to seal retribution and give it to your team is fun.

My Yoda doesn't usually come out in the harder nodes unless it's a special case (like the stun team) or the last battle. I usually stick to Barriss, JC, Lumi, GS and RP in that 7-10 range.
  • Options
    I don't like his cooldowns, but he is OK. If you have him, you can use him. If you want to finish GW and need a strong character, I would suggest many others instead of him