Nerfs to WAT weapon tech is affecting GEO TB

This is not even related to Shaak being bugged or whatever, Weapon tech at this moment is nearly useless. and we get it we can't have defense penetration. But give it something else, like increased offense for separatists only.

Blastech weapon mod:
Gain 15% turn meter at the start of each enemy's turn; +15% offense for every separatist ally present at the start of the encounter; enemies defeated by this character can't be revived.

This ensures that weapon tech is not overpowered again GLs while making it useful again.

Replies

• Lor_San_Teka
    558 posts Member
    edited September 2021
    Options
    The Tech should have been changed to keep the defense penetration if it is on a Separatist (except when targeting GLs).

Maintains its viability in the PvE, while still stopping the PvP counters that forced this change.
  • Options
    cody version of sm is really painfull - for me it was 28 minutes, for my guildmate 36 minutes (r5 geo)
    even with gg it was 14 minutes for my other guildmate

before nerf it was few minutes

i really hope that CG is checking data connected to this sm (as they promised) ;)
  • Options
    Lol I just ran a Vader/wat team in cpit and Wat as a whole is almost useless. Weapon tech does nothing. Tank tech does almost nothing. And health tech still recovers health, but it doesn’t recover as fast as rancor removes it. I often question now why I even run Wat in pve.
  • Options
    It does feel like there should be another class of enemy, PvE. We already have exceptions for GLs and raid bosses, could we not have exceptions for PvE?
    BlasTech Weapon Mod:Gain 15% Turn Meter at the start of each enemy's turn; enemies defeated by this character can't be revived. Against PvE enemies, ignore armor.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Options
    my bugs survived thanks to Wat's revive but once he died it was game over. I've auto'd that mission before. FIX WAT!!! This is ridiculous.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    edited September 2021
    Options
    People use wat with separatists?

Edit: oh, TB.
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • JollyBrandX
    42 posts Member
    edited September 2021
    Options
    Yep I use the relic GG team but wat for droideka on Cody SM. Easy win until the great nerf…..got wiped out in P4 without being able to kill a single enemy.

Once again thank you CG for sucking!….you really are the worst.
  • Options
    I beat the SM with 4 R5 geos. Took a bit of time but it's not unbeatable. And to say Wat is useless now is ridiculous. Just slap the weapon tech on spy so he takes tons of turns and the pesky medic can't revive anyone he deletes
  • Options
    I beat the SM with 4 R5 geos. Took a bit of time but it's not unbeatable. And to say Wat is useless now is ridiculous. Just slap the weapon tech on spy so he takes tons of turns and the pesky medic can't revive anyone he deletes

It is a lot harder than it used to be. Weapon tech is not useless, but a whole lot less usefull than it used to be.
    I've gotten consistent wins previously, after the nerfs I'm at 50%. As it now takes ages to whittle down a clone, they get a lot more turns to whittle down your team.
    The nerfs takes it from straightforward to rng-fest. Unless you go significantly beyond R5 on your bugs.
  • Ultra
    11506 posts Moderator
    Options
    They removed ignore defense from GAS and gave him +65% Defense penetration
    They removed ignore defense from JKL and gave him +50% Offense

I think there are a bunch of ways they can offset the loss of ignore armor on the weapon tech (especially since newer GLs prevent TM gain):

1. +50% offense
    2. +65% Defense penetration
    3. Separatist allies with Weapon Tech ignore defense
    4. What OP suggested
    5. Some other condition limited to separatist allies
  • Options
    We would have made 33* this TB but the bugs destroyed that.
    😠
    So we turned focus on SM and yes I agree it was a lot longer of a battle.
  • Ultra
    11506 posts Moderator
    Options
    Morgoth01 wrote: »

It is a lot harder than it used to be. Weapon tech is not useless, but a whole lot less usefull than it used to be.
    I've gotten consistent wins previously, after the nerfs I'm at 50%. As it now takes ages to whittle down a clone, they get a lot more turns to whittle down your team.
    The nerfs takes it from straightforward to rng-fest. Unless you go significantly beyond R5 on your bugs.

idk i find weapon tech useless and unhelpful (pointless against GLs, in raids, GAC battles)

The TM gain is nice but found it useless in all the battles I've used Wat with weapon tech

Previously I would use Wat in teams where I just need to use Weapon Tech (to either outspeed or Vader demolishing entire teams), now I apply weapon tech because all the other techs have been used and its the only one left and it doesn't change the outcome of the battle (if i was losing already, i'm going to lose with weapon tech, and vice versa, a battle i was winning without tech, didn't make it any easier or faster, its more or less the same pace of winning)

I've tried weapon tech first like before and it just doesn't help
  • Options
    Ultra wrote: »

idk i find weapon tech useless and unhelpful (pointless against GLs, in raids, GAC battles)

The TM gain is nice but found it useless in all the battles I've used Wat with weapon tech

Previously I would use Wat in teams where I just need to use Weapon Tech (to either outspeed or Vader demolishing entire teams), now I apply weapon tech because all the other techs have been used and its the only one left and it doesn't change the outcome of the battle (if i was losing already, i'm going to lose with weapon tech, and vice versa, a battle i was winning without tech, didn't make it any easier or faster, its more or less the same pace of winning)

It's okay everyone a mod doesn't think it's a problem. Move along.

I don't think your experience changes the fact that the OP and others have an issue. The fact is something changed with Wat now the same team has a harder time with the mission. That is an interaction that is affected by the Nerf. Maybe not for all but for some. Things don't have to change every player's experience for it to be a problem.

OP and others you're opinions are valid keep your voice heard.
    He agrees that it’s a problem - did you actually read Ultra’s post? Or do you just spout anti-mod stuff as soon as you see their username at the top of a post?
  • Options
    Ultra said he finds it useless.

It was Morgoth who said it wasn’t useless.

Are you sure you’ve got this right?
  • Ultra
    11506 posts Moderator
    Options
    Ultra wrote: »

It's okay everyone a mod doesn't think it's a problem. Move along.

I don't think your experience changes the fact that the OP and others have an issue. The fact is something changed with Wat now the same team has a harder time with the mission. That is an interaction that is affected by the Nerf. Maybe not for all but for some. Things don't have to change every player's experience for it to be a problem.

OP and others you're opinions are valid keep your voice heard.
    He agrees that it’s a problem - did you actually read Ultra’s post? Or do you just spout anti-mod stuff as soon as you see their username at the top of a post?

Yes I did which is why I posted, he is trying to minimize the issue by explaining he is not having an issue and does not think there is a big impact. Not to him but to others it's a different story.

If you read my post, you would know I have an issue with weapon tech because its completely useless to me post-nerf and I agreed that it could use some buffs
  • Options
    It's not even weapons tech anymore. Should be renamed tm tech, that's about all it's good for
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Options

I have relic 6 & relic 7 bugs. I LOVE my geos. However with the Wat nerf I'm now 0 for 2 in beating this mission. The fact that Wat's pre-nerf made the mission doable, and now it's down to a roll of the dice on whether your Wat gets obliterated and you therefore can't revive anyone is just cruel to do to us. CG said they didn't think adding a % offense increase to the tech was helpful enough. Well as it is it isn't helpful at all. Which we all pointed out to them BEFORE the nerfs. But CG knew best. Shame none of them do the Wat SM maybe they'd have seen this.
  • Options
    I call it the speed tech now because that's about all it's good for lol.
  • RTS
    682 posts Member
    Options
    Weapon tech should allow you to ignore taunts - opens up some gameplay without it being too insane.
  • Options
    Ultra said he finds it useless.

It was Morgoth who said it wasn’t useless.

Are you sure you’ve got this right?

Just for good measure: I have been complaining about the nerf to weapon tech since it was announced.
    I still very much dislike the nerf, especially when it comes to geo TB.
    I merely agreed with a previous poster that the tm boost is at least something to speed up a heavy hitting spy. Nothing like it was before, but more than zero.