Have you tried this team?

I have gone a different direction at this time with my teams but has anyone tried a Lobot led droid team. Lobot, IG: 100, 88, 86 and HK-47? Seems like it could be a pretty deadly and fast team.

Replies

• Options
    Replace 100 with poggle and you are onto something.
  • Options
    Time wrote: »

I did get lucky and get poggle from a bronze. I also have 86 but lacking 88 and HK. Didn't want to spend the cash.
  • Options
    Nosnibor wrote: »
    Time wrote: »

I did get lucky and get poggle from a bronze. I also have 86 but lacking 88 and HK. Didn't want to spend the cash.

Oh, jk. it was only a few shards. So I need poggle and those others. I just spend most of the day figuring out team ideas....mainly because I don't want to spend the money to buy them. Also, yeah. Poggle would be a good add to that team.
  • Options
    There is 1 team in my arena despite being slightly less power i avoid it if i can. Poggle+droids=short battle, 1 way or another depends on rng. Although I have figured im better off focusing 86 i stead of 88 the battle is pretty much decided on crits and stuns.
  • Options
    Just pulled lobot, have poggel n all the droids....might end up boosting them up after my current project
  • Options
    Now looking at it some of the droids have good leader abilities themselves.
  • Options
    My dream team I am working on;

Lobot (leader), IG -86, IG-88, Old Ben, Lando
  • Options
    Soujah wrote: »
    My dream team I am working on;

Lobot (leader), IG -86, IG-88, Old Ben, Lando

That seems pretty nice.
  • Options
    My dream of an all-droid team died when I realized it would be impossible to get Lobot upgraded to any reasonable degree and you really, really need the speed to keep the fragile droids alive long enough to actually hit something. Ah well. HK47, IG88, and IG86 remain fun, and Poggle can be farmed reasonably well, so you can have droid-themed fun that way for sure.
    You have to be a bit of a liar to tell a story the right way.
  • Options
    KitsuAeryn wrote: »
    My dream of an all-droid team died when I realized it would be impossible to get Lobot upgraded to any reasonable degree and you really, really need the speed to keep the fragile droids alive long enough to actually hit something. Ah well. HK47, IG88, and IG86 remain fun, and Poggle can be farmed reasonably well, so you can have droid-themed fun that way for sure.

Why is lobot impossible?
  • KitsuAeryn
    201 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options

Why is lobot impossible?

Hyperbole. He's not "impossible" but he's so difficult to farm that he might as well be.

Here's the problem with Lobot: He's currently only available in two Hard areas, which limits your shards to a maximum of 6 per day. That's about 2 per day with a 30% drop rate, and he takes 50 to unlock. So you're looking at about a month just to get started, and that's before you've starting trying to max him out. For all intents and purposes, I view that exercise in futility akin to impossible until they release a few more shard locations for him.

If you are willing to drop 3-6 months on farming those shards up instead of JC or Dooku or something, though, power to you. Let me know how Cloud Computing works out next month :)
  • Options

Why is lobot impossible?

Hyperbole. He's not "impossible" but he's so difficult to farm that he might as well be.

Here's the problem with Lobot: He's currently only available in two Hard areas, which limits your shards to a maximum of 6 per day. That's about 2 per day with a 30% drop rate, and he takes 50 to unlock. So you're looking at about a month just to get started, and that's before you've starting trying to max him out. For all intents and purposes, I view that exercise in futility akin to impossible until they release a few more shard locations for him.

If you are willing to drop 3-6 months on farming those shards up instead of JC or Dooku or something, though, power to you. Let me know how Cloud Computing works out next month :)

Okay, I just didn't know if you knew they were out there. Farming is that. I've been grinding out chewbacca shards for a while now.
  • Options
    Personally I think if you're doing a droid team, HK is your best bet as leader.

HK, IG88, IG86, Poggle, and either Daka or Luminara is pretty potent. If you don't want a healer, Vader, Kylo, or Sid are great choices too. IG100 isn't that great. I'm hoping they release Greivous or R2D2 soon.
  • Options
    When I use a "droid team", I use HK as leader with IG88, IG86, Tarkin, and Luminara. Would replace Tarkin with Poggle or Lobot if I had 'em but since I don't the Offense Down and Turn Meter Drain is a nice substitute.