Luke Squads

Hey all, im a long time player with a big gap in the middle of my playtime. Was very active when game was first released, looking back at some of my 2016 threads complaining about no jedi luke or yodas in game! Boy how things have changed 😆

Anyways i took a long break when i thought my account was lost, but upon getting a new phone about 2 yrs ago i dl'ed the app again ready to start over, and was actually able to access my account from before! This helped with some early grind stuff and got me to the 85 max level quicker.

Things were still pretty casual for awhile just farming toons i like, not going for relic or any extended time on squads outside of my main LS and DS for events etc. Dont even think i was in a guild for the longest time, so a slow grinder

Being a huge kotor fan i jumped on the jedi revan journey guide immediately. Seeing him dominate the arena pushed me over too. I finally got him, relic'd him and yoda and working on bastila next. My other jedis are jolee for the health/resurrect support and qui gonn just because i already had him higher levels, but i want to replace him. Making good progress on getting my next guide unlock, commander luke who i want to make the 5th member of jedi squad. How is his synergy with revan?

I want to keep going for jedi knight luke once i finish cl up too so, for anyone that has jkl unlocked do you use him along with commander luke? Curious what some good builds have been. I know im a long way out, but i have a base of progress on lege d luke so will have that as my kind of end goal. Anyone use a squad with 3 lukes? 😆

Replies

• Options
    Commander Luke has no synergy with revan as he isn’t a Jedi.
  • Options
    Nice wow yeah never noticed him as unaligned force user. Even more reason to keep rollijg for jedi knight luke. Ive noticee commander luke in some arena squads, do his abilities play pretty nicely with revan, bastila and gm yoda? I also passively am collecting general kenobi shards since ive joined a strong guild, and notice he is a beast when i face him. Should i focus more on him until i get the jedi knight luke?
  • crzydroid
    7301 posts Moderator
    Options
    Nice wow yeah never noticed him as unaligned force user. Even more reason to keep rollijg for jedi knight luke. Ive noticee commander luke in some arena squads, do his abilities play pretty nicely with revan, bastila and gm yoda? I also passively am collecting general kenobi shards since ive joined a strong guild, and notice he is a beast when i face him. Should i focus more on him until i get the jedi knight luke?

CLS doesn't particularly synergize with any Jedi. At best if you want to use him as plug and play for tm and buff control I suppose you could, but that would be if you really don't have much of a roster. CLS works best if he leads Rebels.

Can you post a swgoh.gg link to your roster?
  • Options
    https://swgoh.gg/p/671218478/

As you can see im pretty weak in ships. I started pre ships and didnt even get too much into them, but trying to do the bewt i can to unlock the rest of the levels. I know im a far way off jedi luke lol. But close to CL! So should i build the rebel squad or more worth to keep current jedi squad? Is ezra / old ben a better fit to build up for the revan team as i grind away at luke?
  • Options
    Ok i unlocked cls. I guess i have to build a rebel squad now lol. Since my goal is jkls, who should i build up from rebel team? Can i drop stormtrooper han and start farming captain han solo? And same w replacing princess leia with leia organa? Def know r2d2 is essential, but want to see what others think on overall team
  • Zumwan
    357 posts Member
    edited October 2021
    Options
    If you're shooting for JKL, ROLO and Capitain Han does make sense. However, by far the best squad for CLS includes Chewbacca, Threepio&Chewie, (Raid) Han Solo, and C3PO. They aren't required for JKL but they are for GL Luke and that can be your longer term goal after JKL, so it wouldn't be a waste by any means to farm these characters. However, these characters are hard to get and will take you some time.
    • You should get Raid Han automatically. Are you in a Guild that sims Rancor Raid?
    • For C3PO you need 5 ewoks (the recommended ones are Chirpa, Wicket, Paploo, Logray, and Elder).
    • For Chewbacca you need 5 Bounty Hunters (Bossk Lead and Dengar are pretty useful here, but you could use any 5. The Mandalorian and Greef can help you as well).
    • You should start farming Threepio&Chewie now, it is now an accelerated farm.

It will be hard to build this particular team but it will give you several useful squads along the way.
  • Options
    Thanks for this! Super close to having raid han, as mentioned i just recently joined a high powered active guild and am catching heroic top 5 shards from the rancor raid a few times per week now. So will push him when unlocked. Also have a decent bounty hunter squad, one step away from the chewbacca unlock. Biggest obstacle will be the ewoks and 3p0. But will start the grind!

Last question, do you think this rebel squad (cl, chewie+threepio, raid han, chewbacca and c3p0) is higher in competitive ranking than a revan jedi squad? Jw how far i should push this squad, should i make my main or just enough to push for jkls / jml
  • Options
    I'd aim for BH 1st, then your Ewoks. Meanwhile, also get Chewpio. Build a BH fleet for Han's Millennium Falcon (HMF), then a Rebel fleet.

JKL requires Wedge Antilles' starfighter, and HMF. I recommend getting Rebel Y-wing too.
    JKL also requires some mish-mash rebels. Just quickly get them, gear them, and maybe make them a cleanup or backwall defense team in GAC.
    My discord - BabyYoda#4470 My swgoh.gg - https://swgoh.gg/p/648565123/
  • Zumwan
    357 posts Member
    Options
    This CLS squad is considered one of the top 5 non-GL squads, so I'd say it's worth it
  • Options
    Thanks for all the suggestions yall!

Are swgoh.gg mod recommends the best to go with?
  • Options

They're usually good. Don't always use them myself tho. Sometimes I use discord bots.
  • Options
    Adding Old Ben to your Jedi squad for now is not a bad option as he is both Rebel & Jedi & required for Master Luke as well if you go that far.
  • Options
    Adding Old Ben to your Jedi squad for now is not a bad option as he is both Rebel & Jedi & required for Master Luke as well if you go that far.

Yeah thats not a bad idea. Have you ever experimented with him in a revan squad w gm yoda and bastila?

Ive become more and more impressed with rebel squads the more i look into them so am going for the cls, 3po, chewie3po, chewie and han build as first prio right now. Then figured i am also pretty close to jedi training rey so prob go for her next, she is also a gm luke requirement. Think she would be better in a revan squad? I figured this makes more sense since wampa and leia are going to take up passive bg time anyway so might as well keep chipping at gm luke as i wait for jkls chars to unlock.
  • Options

They're usually good. Don't always use them myself tho. Sometimes I use discord bots.

Which discord is good to look into for mods? The interworkings of mods are still pretty foreign to me, for the longest time i was just upslicing the auto suggest mods as much as i can, just recently trying to experiment w better
  • Options

Yeah thats not a bad idea. Have you ever experimented with him in a revan squad w gm yoda and bastila?

I have. Pre-Hoda or GK, I used JKR, Bastila, GMY, Jolee, and Old Ben
  • Zumwan
    357 posts Member
    Options
    Then figured i am also pretty close to jedi training rey so prob go for her next, she is also a gm luke requirement. Think she would be better in a revan squad?

Contrary to what you may think JEDI Training Rey doesn't have the Jedi tag, so she doesn't have any synergy with Revan whatsoever. JTR is used to lead some Resistance squads (here the one I see most frequently includes Resistance Hero Poe, Resistance Hero Finn, Holdo), so that's a whole other squad for you to farm.

• Options
    Zumwan wrote: »
    Then figured i am also pretty close to jedi training rey so prob go for her next, she is also a gm luke requirement. Think she would be better in a revan squad?

Contrary to what you may think JEDI Training Rey doesn't have the Jedi tag, so she doesn't have any synergy with Revan whatsoever. JTR is used to lead some Resistance squads (here the one I see most frequently includes Resistance Hero Poe, Resistance Hero Finn, Holdo), so that's a whole other squad for you to farm.

Hahaha that would be twice the lightsaber fooled me into thinking it would be a jedi. I guess jedi training would only make her a padawan technically. Will hold off on her for now then!
  • Options

I have. Pre-Hoda or GK, I used JKR, Bastila, GMY, Jolee, and Old Ben

Thanks, will give it a go!
  • DarthLundgrenn
    68 posts Member
    edited October 2021
    Options
    I'd aim for BH 1st, then your Ewoks. Meanwhile, also get Chewpio. Build a BH fleet for Han's Millennium Falcon (HMF), then a Rebel fleet.

JKL requires Wedge Antilles' starfighter, and HMF. I recommend getting Rebel Y-wing too.
    JKL also requires some mish-mash rebels. Just quickly get them, gear them, and maybe make them a cleanup or backwall defense team in GAC.

Question on the BH squad. Currently farming chewie and wondering how to improve the squad a bit. Currently have greedo, cad, boba, mando and ig88 at 7 stars but only ig is above gear 10. Having trouble figuring out who is the best lead for this team and if i should try and build someone else? I have bossk unlocked but only at 3 star atm. Worth boosting him and dropping someone from the current squad?

I also have greef at 2 stars, what switching should i do if any? Or can i get by with the guys i already have at 7?
  • Options

Question on the BH squad. Currently farming chewie and wondering how to improve the squad a bit. Currently have greedo, cad, boba, mando and ig88 at 7 stars but only ig is above gear 10. Having trouble figuring out who is the best lead for this team and if i should try and build someone else? I have bossk unlocked but only at 3 star atm. Worth boosting him and dropping someone from the current squad?

I also have greef at 2 stars, what switching should i do if any? Or can i get by with the guys i already have at 7?

Sorry forgot to say, get Bossk (you’ll need his ship), keep Boba and Cad, get Dengar, and get Greef. Mando is a great BH too, who you can sub in for Cad, but Cad is also needed for his ship for HMF. IG-88 isn’t the best for this event unless you want to minimalise on resource-drain in this event.
  • Options
    There are a lot of threads with good advice in the One Famous Wookiee subsection of the Individual Events section. Look through replies to make sure you’re using a good post.