Is Grevious worth saving for?

I'm thinking about buying shards which I already have 7* on (where you get 5 shards for 400 arena tokens, galactic war tokens, cantina tokens etc), and then saving them to buy Grevious. Has anybody got him, and is he worth it? If I see Vader shards in the shard shop, I get them, but no other character because Grevious looks good haha! Thanks in advance! :)

Replies

• Options
    I used him once. Not great yet. He'll probably get good after the update that fixes defense
  • medetec
    1571 posts Member
    Options
    He isn't very effective if that's what you are asking. But if you need to have Grievous in your life theres no other way to get him.
  • Diraan
    332 posts Member
    Options
    100% no for practical reasons, unless you are a huge fan of the Clone Wars TV show and love the character. At the end of the day, do with the game whatever makes you enjoy it.

It will take a long time to farm though. At 1125 tokens for 5 grievous shards, you would have to trade in 75 regular shards to the shop to redeem 5 of his.

Which means to just unlock him at 4* you would need to trade in 1200 regular shards. 4950 to 7*.

Assuming you complete GW, place in the arena top 200, and do two cantina refreshes each day, you would get 35 shards from the respective shops. Lets say you get lucky and get 20 shards from farming nodes as well. That's 55 shards a day. Which means it will take 22 days to unlock him. 90 days to 7 star. That's a lot of time to put into a wildly mediocre character.

4/25/2016 - The day General Grevious Shards were reasonably priced.
  • Options
    Not before the new meta change. I saved for a few weeks to unlock him at 4 stars with the understanding that he would not be that great unless I really invested more time in him. However, for one character to be worth 15 other characters he would really have to be OP and he is far from it. I contemplated putting another couple of weeks into him to 5* him, but changed my mind with the announcement of the tuning changes in the game that will be taking place later this month.

Right now it would be more prudent to build out a roster than invest months into one character. Personally I am not particularly interested in any of the characters in the shop that I haven't maxed, but I am trying to prepare for any meta shifts by simply acquiring as many characters as possible. I would recommend this approach if you are concerned with arena rank and keeping up with the Jones's.
  • Seku
    575 posts Member
    Options
    I slowly save for him by spending galactic war credits on my 7* and convert to shard who currency. It's gonna be a slow road haha but I'm 40/80 so far!
  • Options
    Seku wrote: »
    I slowly save for him by spending galactic war credits on my 7* and convert to shard who currency. It's gonna be a slow road haha but I'm 40/80 so far!
    How many GW credits did it cost you to get 40 shards and how long have you been farming him?

• Diraan
    332 posts Member
    Options
    PugVader wrote: »
    Seku wrote: »
    How many GW credits did it cost you to get 40 shards and how long have you been farming him?

40 Grevious shards = 600 shards = 48,000 gw credits = 40 complete gw runs.
    4/25/2016 - The day General Grevious Shards were reasonably priced.
  • Mrek0
    188 posts Member
    Options
    Yeehahpv wrote: »
    Not before the new meta change. I saved for a few weeks to unlock him at 4 stars with the understanding that he would not be that great unless I really invested more time in him. However, for one character to be worth 15 other characters he would really have to be OP and he is far from it. I contemplated putting another couple of weeks into him to 5* him, but changed my mind with the announcement of the tuning changes in the game that will be taking place later this month.

Right now it would be more prudent to build out a roster than invest months into one character. Personally I am not particularly interested in any of the characters in the shop that I haven't maxed, but I am trying to prepare for any meta shifts by simply acquiring as many characters as possible. I would recommend this approach if you are concerned with arena rank and keeping up with the Jones's.

What changes are they making? I just got up to 6000 credits for him... I'd hate to find out everything I did wasn't worth it
  • SinnerWill
    370 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Have him maxed. He's unique, but that's about it. Handy for attacking counter-capable enemies and highly evasive enemies, but lacks speed, health, potency, skill application likelihood (3rd special), has zero health-steal from gear, and his unique to force a random ally to taunt often-times gets your squishiest characters killed (should be changed to become the ally with the highest current health % I think).

Lastly, his leader ability has been found to be broken, at least in terms of reducing crit damage (and it's uncertain whether or not it's reducing crit chance at all due to RNG).
    Post edited by SinnerWill on
  • wrilley
    390 posts Member
    Options
    It's not just a competitive game, it's also a collecting game.

Also, while he's not competitive at the moment, that's not to say he never will be.
  • Cinn
    2 posts Member
    Options
    I haven't got him yet, but am in to far to pull out. Seems to me he is ment to rejuvenate the droids. Just a guess, but then I have $2k in this game, haven't beat gw and am only in the top 300 arena. Guess I'll go back to getting beat trying to get Yoda 5th star. Didn't realize only 6* above Jedi can get that star.
  • Options
    NO!
  • Options
    I'm glad I read this thread. I JUST unlocked the shard shop yesterday. No sense in wasting time going for Grevious then.
  • Options
    Cinn wrote: »
    I haven't got him yet, but am in to far to pull out. Seems to me he is ment to rejuvenate the droids. Just a guess, but then I have $2k in this game, haven't beat gw and am only in the top 300 arena. Guess I'll go back to getting beat trying to get Yoda 5th star. Didn't realize only 6* above Jedi can get that star.

OMG...
  • Options

GG in this game is designed to get droids much more useful than himself killed in an effort to cover his own worthless butt.
  • Yeehahpv
    113 posts Member
    Options
    @MREK0 I'm referring to the major tuning changes ea_jesse announced some time ago. The announcement talked about including a fortitude type stat that must be depleted before a character can take damage, and the reworking of characters damage based upon their speed. He pretty much said they are looking into making faster characters less damaging and slower characters more so. Who knows when this will be and how it will truly affect the meta, but until I know more I am diversifying my character stable.
  • wrilley
    390 posts Member
    Options
    I haven't got him yet, but am in to far to pull out.

Phrasing.