Weak Point replaced with Weak Spot, No Announcement Made

So it isn't much of a secret that everyone loved weak point. The data disk gave 4% offense for each debuff on all characters when they use an attack. It was a green disk that cost 2 pips/dots/whatever to equip.

In the recent content update, they changed:
EVENT - Updated Conquest data disk “Weak Point” description to match functionality.

Now to me, that sounds like they change the description and not the mechanics right? It also would mean that they would have kept the name and ability.

However, I come to find out that they replaced weak point entirely with an inferior data disk called "weak spot" that only grants 2% offense for each debuff instead of 4%. Honestly it's just a dishonest thing to do to change a data disk that was very widely used and rename it and everything without a proper announcement. Conquest is already a terrible game mode in it's current state, and you just want to make it worse guys.

Replies

  • mesa176750
    543 posts Member
    edited October 12
    Here is a screen shot from last conquest:

    vek5sla8rzn0.jpg

    and here is one from current conquest with the new weak spot data disk.

    9gbfzph3yyq0.jpg
  • Starslayer
    1301 posts Member
    edited October 12
    .
  • mesa176750 wrote: »
    So it isn't much of a secret that everyone loved weak point. The data disk gave 4% offense for each debuff on all characters when they use an attack. It was a green disk that cost 2 pips/dots/whatever to equip.

    In the recent content update, they changed:
    EVENT - Updated Conquest data disk “Weak Point” description to match functionality.

    Now to me, that sounds like they change the description and not the mechanics right? It also would mean that they would have kept the name and ability.

    However, I come to find out that they replaced weak point entirely with an inferior data disk called "weak spot" that only grants 2% offense for each debuff instead of 4%. Honestly it's just a dishonest thing to do to change a data disk that was very widely used and rename it and everything without a proper announcement. Conquest is already a terrible game mode in it's current state, and you just want to make it worse guys.

    Can you show that the "Weak Point" disc was actually providing a 4% improvement to offense in the previous GC? Based on their notes, it sounds like it was providing 2%, and the text that said it was 4% was in error. That does not explain the name change though... so its possible they nerfed it as well.
  • You've also completely skipped over the addition of "(stacking)", which is arguably more powerful.
  • Sewpot
    1743 posts Member
    ☝️
  • Fanatic wrote: »
    Can you show that the "Weak Point" disc was actually providing a 4% improvement to offense in the previous GC? Based on their notes, it sounds like it was providing 2%, and the text that said it was 4% was in error. That does not explain the name change though... so its possible they nerfed it as well.

    I can't prove that obviously because I can't do a detailed test. That being said, if that's the case then they can clarify it and put me (and potentially others) at ease.

  • YodasAdoy wrote: »
    You've also completely skipped over the addition of "(stacking)", which is arguably more powerful.

    As a user and BIG fan of this disc last 2 conquest, I can confirm that "Stacking" was always part of the deal, that's what the "description update" should have done, only that
  • scuba
    12808 posts Member
    In the game data weak point still exists with the updated stacking in the description. My guess is they added the weaker weak spot and made weak point very unlikely to show
  • I was wondering why i was hitting like a wet noodle suddenly with the same disk as last time.
    Now i understand better
  • I'm finding even the nerfed weak spot is still quite strong. My GMY is doing 600k on basic after about 6 attacks, and it goes up another 100-200k each attack until the fight is over.
Sign In or Register to comment.