Rex needed for Lord Vader

I didn't see this elsewhere in the forum. Rex is listed as needed in the Tier 1 event for Lord Vader, but does not show up in the Journey Guide or in the prerequisite list (saw this on Cubs stream on hidden GL requirements). Can this be clarified and/or fixed?

Replies

• crzydroid
    7336 posts Moderator
    edited October 2021
    Options
    Rex is not a prerequisite for Lord Vader. This is not always the same as characters used in the event. Agree that it's a little misleading, but if you can get an r8 Arc Trooper and GAS, you hopefully have Rex.
  • Options
    If you have GAS, you have Rex already. So it’s pretty much a given 🤷🏻‍♂️
  • Options
    crzydroid wrote: »
    Rex is not a prerequisite for Lord Vader. This is not always the same as characters used in the event. Agree that it's a little misleading, but if you can get an r8 Arc Trooper and GAS, you hopefully have Rex.

Misleading is probably the correct word ... while I agree most folks who go after Lord Vader will probably have Rex (I already have him at R7) ... in general, if a toon is needed to complete an event, that toon should probably be included in the pre-req list, or at least be more clearly shown to be a requirement on the front screen. Just a QoL suggestion.
  • Options
    Agreed with this idea, and the journey guides for some of the others would vendor from a summary screen of all requirements.

For example, the jedi knight Luke journey you have to look through each battle to find out what you are going to need, at what level. I think it's all r3 but it is supposed to be the journey GUIDE isn't it? Could still be better.
  • crzydroid
    7336 posts Moderator
    Options
    Agreed with this idea, and the journey guides for some of the others would vendor from a summary screen of all requirements.

For example, the jedi knight Luke journey you have to look through each battle to find out what you are going to need, at what level. I think it's all r3 but it is supposed to be the journey GUIDE isn't it? Could still be better.

He's not a prerequisite though, so it's not as though he should be listed there. I did check the journey guide, and he IS listed on there as being required in tier 1. So I suppose it's a matter of whether you consider most people would assume to look ahead.
  • Options
    Being required to play the event is the same as being prerequisite. You're playing on words here. Of course most people don't click on the "tier 1" dot to look ahead, I didn't even know you could click on it!
    Rex should either be in the list of prerequisites, or should not be needed for Tier 1.

I assume most people who have GAS also have Rex, but still I don't really appreciate hidden requirements like this... :/
  • crzydroid
    7336 posts Moderator
    Options
    DarthAsajj wrote: »
    Being required to play the event is the same as being prerequisite. You're playing on words here. Of course most people don't click on the "tier 1" dot to look ahead, I didn't even know you could click on it!
    Rex should either be in the list of prerequisites, or should not be needed for Tier 1.

I assume most people who have GAS also have Rex, but still I don't really appreciate hidden requirements like this... :/

But it's "Prerequisite" with a capital "P." The list of Prerequisites are those specific things you need to do before you can even start farming GL tickets. So he's a requirement, but not a Prerequisite. Should he have been one of the actual Prerequisites? Probably. Is having the required event units separate from the Prerequisites (formerly quests) a confusing departure from other event types? Sure.

But he is not a Prerequisite, they don't force a specific gear level for him, so he's not part of that list. But they could maybe do a redesign where they put Prerequisites and required units on the front screen--in fact, I think that requirements WERE upfront in Journey Guide before the recent UI change.
  • Options
    crzydroid wrote: »

But it's "Prerequisite" with a capital "P." The list of Prerequisites are those specific things you need to do before you can even start farming GL tickets. So he's a requirement, but not a Prerequisite. Should he have been one of the actual Prerequisites? Probably. Is having the required event units separate from the Prerequisites (formerly quests) a confusing departure from other event types? Sure.

But he is not a Prerequisite, they don't force a specific gear level for him, so he's not part of that list. But they could maybe do a redesign where they put Prerequisites and required units on the front screen--in fact, I think that requirements WERE upfront in Journey Guide before the recent UI change.

As above, this is just a little misleading ... I interpreted pre-reqs as those needed to both unlock the events and play then event (for GLs, only a subset of the pre-reqs were generally needed to actually play the event ... until Lord Vader). While Rex may not be required at a specific gear/relic level, he is needed to complete one of the Tiers. I would also expect that the journey guide would include any toons needed to complete the journey, but Lord Vader's doesn't put Rex in the Characters area of the Inventory.

From a QoL standpoint, it would be nice to have a clearly defined list of pre-reqs to unlock/play the event, and a list of requirements (general needs, specific toons, etc) on the front page of the events.

Just a simple request.
  • crzydroid
    7336 posts Moderator
    Options
    Yeah, I think there is room for a UI change to make it more obvious somehow.