Grand Arena Bug?

Last Grand Arena I had a problem were I would join at the beginning of the 3 round period. However when the first round would start it would say I never joined and needed to wait until next time to join. This happened twice last season but I was fairly busy so I assumed I just forgot about it, however this round I made sure I joined and even went back and checked a few hours later, there was no join button and it said I was in the player lock phase, but now that the setup phase has started I went to set my defense and it said I didn't join. Is anyone else having this problem? Or am I just being super dumb, unfourtantly I didn't take a screenshot. I well be taking a screenshot next round.

Replies

• crzydroid
    7301 posts Moderator
    Options
    Every so often people claim this, but the logs always show them as never having joined. Taking screenshots would be the best way to prove it if you think this is likely to happen to you again.

FWIW, whenever I join, I always go in until I see the board, just to make sure I really did.
  • Options
    crzydroid wrote: »
    FWIW, whenever I join, I always go in until I see the board, just to make sure I really did.

That advice was given me once for Territory War, and it works!
  • Options

I did that this time, but I'm shut out now too. Same thing happened to my son in the last season. Sent in a support ticket, but they claim they can't change individual gameplay settings.
  • Options
    Every so often people claim this, but the logs always show them as never having joined. Taking screenshots would be the best way to prove it if you think this is likely to happen to you again.

This is definitely something that happens. It's happened to me. Why on earth would anyone trust their logs and any related code to be more dialed in than the game play.

• Options

Always navigate in to the map. Always take at least one screenshot. Haven't missed a GA(C) bracket since GA began.
  • Options
    Whats the point of the screenshot? Support won't do anything except "pass it along". The table trick is now bugged too, might have to resort to a cache clear, force stop, and client restart to confirm signup status.
  • Options
    Also, support claims this is unusual despite all the reports here, on reddit, discord, and anecdotal discussions. Could a dev please post a survey to count how many players have missed either Grand Arena or Territory War, not recieved a Challenge or Conquest crate?
  • crzydroid
    7301 posts Moderator
    Options
    Braezac wrote: »
    Whats the point of the screenshot? Support won't do anything except "pass it along". The table trick is now bugged too, might have to resort to a cache clear, force stop, and client restart to confirm signup status.

The point of the screenshot is to prove the logs wrong. Human memory is incredibly fallible. Why shouldn't we believe the logs? The screenshot will prove there's an actual bug. Whether it's a display issue or out-of-sync error or something else, at least there's now incentive to spend the resources on it.
  • Options
    Braezac wrote: »

The point of the screenshot is to prove the logs wrong. Human memory is incredibly fallible. Why shouldn't we believe the logs? The screenshot will prove there's an actual bug. Whether it's a display issue or out-of-sync error or something else, at least there's now incentive to spend the resources on it.
    Yup.
    1) It's part of the habit I have built, and
    2) It is proof that I did what I think I did

As the OP of this thread noted, he did not take a screenshot and thus has no proof that he did what he thinks he remembers doing.
  • Options
    Readers are often quick to cite user error or game error. It's probably more likely you joined and exited the game and lag led to the data not being sent. Forum critics and players rarely seem to mention data transmission not being 100%, multiplied by the 100,000s of players and important click events that they do.

• crzydroid
    7301 posts Moderator
    edited October 2021
    Options
    Readers are often quick to cite user error or game error. It's probably more likely you joined and exited the game and lag led to the data not being sent. Forum critics and players rarely seem to mention data transmission not being 100%, multiplied by the 100,000s of players and important click events that they do.

If there is indeed a bug happening in all of these instances, it seems, to my limited knowledge, extremely likely to be due to a client-out-of-sync error or network interruption.
  • Options
    A solution could be to add a server side setting for players to always join GAC. You could still do a manual join if you want to do specific modding for GAC but just in case there’s a disconnect, out of sync or if there is a bug not showing up in the logs the player wouldn’t be punished for it. And for players who doesn’t want to do GAC they could just leave the setting off per default.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    A solution could be to add a server side setting for players to always join GAC. You could still do a manual join if you want to do specific modding for GAC but just in case there’s a disconnect, out of sync or if there is a bug not showing up in the logs the player wouldn’t be punished for it. And for players who doesn’t want to do GAC they could just leave the setting off per default.

No, thanx. We already have enough inactive participants.
  • Options
    Waqui wrote: »

That’s related to GAC being a grindy time sink with the added extra battles. And in 3v3 it’s just horrendous. They should also change how teams are autodeployed to not hurt the opposing players. Just use the worst characters instead of the best ones.

But fair enough I can see that problem could be exacerbated with a perpetual auto join. But there’s no reason why you’d need to click join every week. If you signup to the GAC season it should automatically sign you up each week for that GAC at least.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options

That’s related to GAC being a grindy time sink with the added extra battles. And in 3v3 it’s just horrendous. They should also change how teams are autodeployed to not hurt the opposing players. Just use the worst characters instead of the best ones.

But fair enough I can see that problem could be exacerbated with a perpetual auto join. But there’s no reason why you’d need to click join every week. If you signup to the GAC season it should automatically sign you up each week for that GAC at least.

How exactly would this solve anything? Players will still forget to sign up. Furthermore, it will still increase the number of inactive participants in GAC.

• Options

How exactly would this solve anything? Players will still forget to sign up. Furthermore, it will still increase the number of inactive participants in GAC.

Good, I’m an active inactive or is it an inactive active I like to set all the best teams I have.
  • Options
    IronCross wrote: »

Good, I’m an active inactive or is it an inactive active I like to set all the best teams I have.

You must be fun at parties