Anyone else having 4 player only bracket as well?

Is this broken or WAI?
7lhtavt3ayhi.png

Replies

• Options
    Weird... I have 8 players
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    It is possible to not have an 8 bracket, so not broken, but I have never seen less than 7.
  • Disruptor92
    847 posts Member
    edited October 2021
    Options
    Looks like you got into a leftover group. If the total number of players in a division can't be divided by 8, then you will have a smaller group like yours with the remaining players. If the number of the remaining players is an odd number, like 5 for example, then 1 player will get a "bye", which is basically full points rewarded for them without having to fight (because there is no opponent available), while the remaining 4 battle it out.
  • Options
    Ok thanks, never seen this before
  • Options
    Ok thanks, never seen this before

I mean, the chances of getting into one are super slim, as there are thousands of groups in all, or almost all divisions. There is almost always a smaller group present in a division, simply because the number of players won't always be divisible by 8. So let's say there are 5000 different groups in a division, then the chance of getting into a sub 8 group is 1/5000, or 0.0002%.
  • Options
    It'd be funny of someone still got rewards for 5-8. Otherwise, free mod loot lol
  • Options
    DinGame? I think that’s BitDynasty, guess we’ll see you on his YouTube channel soon :smile:
  • Ultra
    11521 posts Moderator
    Options
    What division are you? Are you Chromium League?

Like Division 11 has only 12 players in Chromium League, so a bracket of 8 and 4 i guess
  • Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    What division are you? Are you Chromium League?

Like Division 11 has only 12 players in Chromium League, so a bracket of 8 and 4 i guess
    I am Div 1
  • Options
    DinGame? I think that’s BitDynasty, guess we’ll see you on his YouTube channel soon :smile:

Indeed 😀
  • Options
    I can't believe that no one said "at least three others"
  • Options

1/5000, or 0.0002%.

Ahem. 0.02% 🤓🧑‍🎓
  • Options

1/5000, or 0.0002%.

Ahem. 0.02% 🤓🧑‍🎓
    Thank you. Been itching to correct that for days.
  • Options
    Technically a even less, the odds of landing in the 4 person group are lower than for all the 8 person groups.

(4999 * 8) + 4 = 39,996 (available GAC spots across all groups in the division)

4 of those spots are in the small group so

4/39996 * 100 = 0.01%. 🙂

Of course depends heavily on how many groups there actually are.
  • Options
    That 4 player group was from those who had reached div 1 chromium after the first round of the current GAC. There weren’t many in div 1 who managed that, less than 200 I think.
  • Options
    If we say there were 196 total (24 groups of 8, 1 group of 4) then about 2%.