Omicrons

13Next

Replies

• Options
    boet wrote: »
    If the node was not meant to be a farming location, then what is it meant to be, please? In layman’s terms - if you could - I’ve never been clever enough to follow CG-EA logic.

It's meant to be a node where you farm signal data. Let me ask you--do you farm omegas there?
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    If the node was not meant to be a farming location, then what is it meant to be, please? In layman’s terms - if you could - I’ve never been clever enough to follow CG-EA logic.

Extra? Who cares, it doesn't hurt a thing. If you know the drop rate is poor, don't farm it. Pretend the drop rate is 0 since that seems to be what you want anyway.

I have a family of three guilds with **0** 0microns that i would like to see enjoy a drop rate of 20-30, as previously said by CG. How many do you and your guild have?

Check back Monday morning and we'll all have 2 each, as a matter of fact.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options

Extra? Who cares, it doesn't hurt a thing. If you know the drop rate is poor, don't farm it. Pretend the drop rate is 0 since that seems to be what you want anyway.

I have a family of three guilds with **0** 0microns that i would like to see enjoy a drop rate of 20-30, as previously said by CG. How many do you and your guild have? I am frustrated by the swill being published on the forums - and accepted by some folks like yourself with CG-stockholm syndrome that swallow these practices.

Helps to pay attention.
  • Options

I am frustrated by the swill being published on the forums - and accepted by some folks like yourself with CG-stockholm syndrome that swallow these practices.

Have you ever considered that maybe you're being unreasonable here?

Also, have you considered that it's going to be 3 months before anyone unlocks New Boba? That's 48 omicrons from GC alone before anyone even has a character to spend them on.

You need to relax.
  • Options
    Like a previous poster said, just pretend the drop rate is 0% and you’ll be pleasantly surprised if it ever drops.
    But I find it strange that actual drop rates aren’t available, it’s not really possible for them to keep it secret in the long run so why not just let us see it officially? More communication and transparency help increase player satisfaction.
  • Options
    NicWester wrote: »

It's meant to be a node where you farm signal data. Let me ask you--do you farm omegas there?

THIS.

like seriously its just a bonus on the node, just like its a bonus in conquest. GCs are where you farm it.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Like a previous poster said, just pretend the drop rate is 0% and you’ll be pleasantly surprised if it ever drops.
    But I find it strange that actual drop rates aren’t available, it’s not really possible for them to keep it secret in the long run so why not just let us see it officially? More communication and transparency help increase player satisfaction.

Unfortunately, it wouldn't. As we have seen time and time again people tend to not understand statistics. If they published a 0.1% drop rate people would still complain that it is too low (like they are right now, so that's a wash), and the data collected would never actually hit that, so people would also complain that it's not true.

So any appearance of publishing those numbers being helpful doesnt really pan out.
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »

Unfortunately, it wouldn't. As we have seen time and time again people tend to not understand statistics. If they published a 0.1% drop rate people would still complain that it is too low (like they are right now, so that's a wash), and the data collected would never actually hit that, so people would also complain that it's not true.

So any appearance of publishing those numbers being helpful doesnt really pan out.

Of course it wouldn’t lead to 100% customer satisfaction but it would increase for sure. Transparency and honesty always benefit customer relations, unless the company is actually doing something shady then obviously they wouldn’t benefit from customers knowing the truth.
    I’d agree that the global fast food chain wouldn’t benefit from declaring their burgers were 99% free from rat droppings. Hypothetical case, I’m not suggesting a rat would ever be caught dead in one of those places.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »

Of course it wouldn’t lead to 100% customer satisfaction but it would increase for sure. Transparency and honesty always benefit customer relations, unless the company is actually doing something shady then obviously they wouldn’t benefit from customers knowing the truth.
    I’d agree that the global fast food chain wouldn’t benefit from declaring their burgers were 99% free from rat droppings. Hypothetical case, I’m not suggesting a rat would ever be caught dead in one of those places.

They are being honest, transparency doesnt change that.