Will There Be an Omicron Symbol on Units?

SemiGod
3001 posts Member
Similar to how zetas are displayed on units, I’m wondering if omicrons will appear on a unit if you give them one.

Replies

• Options
    oh i hope so
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    Yes, the symbol will be the dollar sign "$"
  • Options
    You might expect an Omicron-upgraded unit to be highlighted in its game mode of choice, in particular.

We'll see
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Currently, no there is no visualization of the omicron upgrade on the character portrait.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    Currently, no there is no visualization of the omicron upgrade on the character portrait.

It will happen, and is in the works already, no date on when it will be a thing.
  • Acymetric
    222 posts Member
    edited October 2021
    Options
    This comment was unintentional, but if there's a delete button somewhere I'm not seeing it! 😅
  • Options
    I think they should just give the relic border a metallic sheen if there is an Omi equipt
  • Options
    I think they should just give the relic border a metallic sheen if there is an Omi equipt

Glad you just said Omi

We shorten everything in this game. It’s about time
  • Options

how does that help know how many they have though? characters can have more then 1 omicron
  • Options
    flux_rono wrote: »

how does that help know how many they have though? characters can have more then 1 omicron

Seems pretty simple to me. We're all overthinking it. Either have a separate icon for omicrons with a number corresponding to how many they have, or put a white outline around the existing zeta symbol in cases where they have both.

So if a hypothetical character has one omicron, they've got the omicron icon with a 1 on it.
    If that same hypothetical character has one zeta, they get the zeta icon with a 1 on it.
    If that same hypothetical character has one zeta AND one omicron, it's a white/silver-outlined zeta symbol and has a 2 on it.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    NicWester wrote: »

Seems pretty simple to me. We're all overthinking it. Either have a separate icon for omicrons with a number corresponding to how many they have, or put a white outline around the existing zeta symbol in cases where they have both.

So if a hypothetical character has one omicron, they've got the omicron icon with a 1 on it.
    If that same hypothetical character has one zeta, they get the zeta icon with a 1 on it.
    If that same hypothetical character has one zeta AND one omicron, it's a white/silver-outlined zeta symbol and has a 2 on it.

What if they have 3 zetas and 2 omicrons?
  • TVF
    36625 posts Member
    Options
    CCyrilS wrote: »

the game ends, congrats we all won
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options

Well for one that seems really unlikely unless they're a galactic legend. But assuming that happened (and this isn't a joke--could be a joke, and a good one! Hard to tell on a forum.) it'd be a white-rimmed zeta symbol with a 5 in it.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options

Well for one that seems really unlikely unless they're a galactic legend. But assuming that happened (and this isn't a joke--could be a joke, and a good one! Hard to tell on a forum.) it'd be a white-rimmed zeta symbol with a 5 in it.

How do you differentiate between 3 zetas and 2 omicrons vs 4 zetas and 1 omicron?
  • Options

why is that unlikely? anyone can have 3+ zetas and have multiple omicrons as well.

to me the zeta symbol remains the same, and the omicron symbol will go above it.
  • Options

How do you differentiate between 3 zetas and 2 omicrons vs 4 zetas and 1 omicron?

If you see Commander Ahsoka with one zeta, how do you differentiate which one it is?

You look at the character.
  • Ultra
    11521 posts Moderator
    Options
    I think they should add it, so that you know which game mode, the toon is something to watch out for
  • Options

If you see Commander Ahsoka with one zeta, how do you differentiate which one it is?

You look at the character.

If you have to look, what's the point of any of this? Your way, while not awful, doesn't tell the exact number of zetas OR omicrons in many cases. I just think if we're going to do something it should at least give that.
  • Options
    BFSJ is going to be a menace in TW, in any case! :D

I'm eager to see what else is in store for Omicrons.
  • Options
    Is there still no word on when this will be added? Seems relatively minor yet quite important...
  • Options
    Selling packs of omnicrons generates money for CG. Using an existing template (zetas overlay) and PNG (omni mats) to have a representation of such an important investment takes at least 10 minutes on the single shared computer they have at CG, and generates no money.
  • Options
    There aren't that many characters that need to be checked, at least for now. There's going to be more pretty quick though.
  • Options
    Keydash1 wrote: »
    There aren't that many characters that need to be checked, at least for now. There's going to be more pretty quick though.

We are up to 15, right?
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Options
    LordDirt wrote: »

We are up to 15, right?

10 I think.
  • Options
    twstdbydsn wrote: »

We are up to 15, right?

10 I think.

Darth Sidious
    Starkiller
    Mara Jade, The Emperor's Hand
    Chief Chirpa
    Officer Leia Organa
    Qui-Gon Jinn
    Darth Talon
    Kyle Katarn
    Zam Wesell
    Chief Nebit
    Boba Fett, Scion of Jango
    Dash Rendar
    Rose Tico
    Captain Phasma
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Options
    twstdbydsn wrote: »

We are up to 15, right?

10 I think.

Darth Sidious
    Starkiller
    Mara Jade, The Emperor's Hand
    Chief Chirpa
    Officer Leia Organa
    Qui-Gon Jinn
    Darth Talon
    Kyle Katarn
    Zam Wesell
    Chief Nebit
    Boba Fett, Scion of Jango
    Dash Rendar
    Rose Tico
    Captain Phasma

Dang! I only saw 10 on SWGOH.GG, but there we have it folks.