TW MM and defensive placements [10/30]

madhader
72 posts Member
edited October 2021
3asloct247sr.jpeg

Really CG? I thought you were fixing matchmaking? Is there anything you say that you actually follow through with and aren’t lying about? Tell me how this is fair? We don’t even stand a chance, which is made worse now by the fact that you’ve locked exclusive rewards behind this event type.

[Edited by Kyno]
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• DarjeloSalas
    9944 posts Member
    edited October 2021
    Options
    h6o05065hx2f.jpeg
    cskp2qpbqwhk.jpeg
    That’s us at 351M, enemy at 289M.

All of our guild has signed up.

I keep seeing that the devs will fine tune the matchmaking as time goes on, but any system that could generate this sort of matchup in the first place is horrendously flawed.

Edit: had the figures wrong. They were even worse than I thought.
  • Options
    h6o05065hx2f.jpeg
    cskp2qpbqwhk.jpeg
    That’s us at 354M, enemy at 310M.

All of our guild has signed up.

I keep seeing that the devs will fine tune the matchmaking as time goes on, but any system that could generate this sort of matchup in the first place is horrendously flawed.

Sorry, my friend. Seems like the idea they had that would take losses into account may be what is skewing this whole thing. Should be an easy fix to keep GP equivalents so that you are only battling within your tier. I’d say “best of luck”, but with that much disparity even luck won’t help
  • Options
    Not for them, no. We are the 351M guild, so I don’t think we need luck.
  • madhader
    72 posts Member
    edited October 2021
    Options
    Oh, 😂, well, have fun then!
  • Options
    i have 246m GP enemy 263
    39 legends vs 63
  • Options
    We joined 46. 369M active GP

We face IN Cobra Caw

They joined 50. 441M active GP

Anyone could say MM works worse than ever. At least CG guys are monitoring or something. Not changing anything. But monitoring a lot
  • Options
    Relax guys, it's an iterative process that needs time.
    I'm sure by 2023 we'll start to see balanced matchups.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Options
    Here’s the HotUtils data for our match:

myfrih795aph.jpeg

It’s downright embarrassing, tbh. At 50/50 signed up, there’s no chance we’d have been matched with this guild in the old system.
  • Options
    I may have missed the memo, but is there a set GP benchmark for needing the extra defense slots? I thought it would be 225M+, but we have 276M joined (with 44 members) and we were caught way off guard when only 20 slots per zone were requested on defense. The last few TW we have been matched where we needed to provide 38-39 squads per zone. Just trying to understand how the extra defense works, thanks!
  • Options
    RezaTorin wrote: »
    I may have missed the memo, but is there a set GP benchmark for needing the extra defense slots? I thought it would be 225M+, but we have 276M joined (with 44 members) and we were caught way off guard when only 20 slots per zone were requested on defense. The last few TW we have been matched where we needed to provide 38-39 squads per zone. Just trying to understand how the extra defense works, thanks!

We are just below 225M signed up and it requires 26 per zone...it seems so random.
  • Options
    Yes there is no doubt this matchmaking is far worse than previously. It’s not losses either- we were on a 2 game loss streak and still pulled a 30 mill “unintentional/intentional” sandbag
  • Options
    Once again, CG, you have a truly awful matchmaking system. Just horrible. Our opponents, for the 5th time in a row, SHOULD NEVER BE MATCHED UP WITH US!!!!!! This is seriously embarrassing on your parts now bc it doesn't seem to matter if I make all 50 members sign up or only 38-39 sign up. We end up facing guilds who are significantly smaller and significantly weaker than us. Or, in our first match, someone whose GP is so much higher than ours we never once would have met them before and got absolutely hammered.

Is this new system your way of making us appreciate the old one? I don't understand how you could make it so much worse. we're on a winning streak of 3 wins in a row. our opponent won their last 1.....and we're unintentionally sandbagging since it's the weekend, it's a holiday, and we don't demand ppl join TW. I thought sandbaggers would be punished? How? Cuz even if it's unintentional, I would assume this "we punish sandbagging now" mm system would, you know, punish us. I don't see the punishment.
  • Joebo720
    648 posts Member
    edited November 2021
    Options
    Still totally broken. We are on the upper end this time. Opponent has very little chance. What's even more confusing is we only had to set (27) teams this time. We had (49) join from our side. Cut guild names but been on the other side of this. Maybe CG's tuning knob is broken? 85 GL v 50 is not good. 299M v 277M

metpxrf3ixn3.png
    Post edited by Joebo720 on