Casual F2P squad advice?

I'm needing help from experts in GW/Arena for squad advice based on the list of characters below. I managed to hit the level cap a little before it was raised to 80 & didn't have a lot of time to start work on gearing/levelling toons other than my main squad which consists of Sid 7* (lead most of the time), Lumi 7*, JC 7*, Barriss 5*, Dooku 5* all mostly @ level 71 and all at gear 7-8. It's heal heavy and good for lengthy GW runs, which I manage to finish most days except vs heavy dps teams that just blow characters up before I can catch up on heals. I don't mind changing squads and can also use one of my current characters as a sub for GW/Arena.

I don't have a surplus of credits/level 3 mats & only rely on what I make from day-to-day, so making the wrong squad change choices are crucial as I can only play a little per day. I have built up a few extra crystals from times where I have been slightly inactive (1500 spare) and usually refresh Cantina Energy X1 and Energy x2 per day for sim farming. Am sitting in the 250-500 arena range & only make 60 crystals per day but would like to climb back into the top 100 with the right squad.

Here are the list of characters I have the time & ability to gear/level towards 80 (I can farm all of these effectively but would prefer to use only 5* or better characters unless recommended why):

71 Sid 7*
71 Lumi 7*
71 JC 7*
70 Barriss 5*
70 Dooku 5*
64 QGJ 5*
63 Phasma 5*
60 Asajj 5*
51 Eeth Koth 5*
36 Yoda 5*
64 Ahsoka 4*
60 Talia 4*
60 Chewie 4*
34 Vader 4*

Any help to set me on the right path would be awesome as I only see myself being able to keep up with 5-7 characters through to 80 being casual F2P. Thanks!

Replies

• Options
    For GW, perhaps you'll have more luck with Barris as your leader. Sid is fine for damage output, but GW is more about endurance, which Barris supports with all of her abilities. Your current roster seems solid enough that you shouldn't have too much trouble getting through GW, even after losing 1-2 people in the process. Barris (L), Dooku, Lumi, JC, QGJ seems to be a good bet - 3 healers and a lot of extra HP, some decent attack power in QGJ and Lumi, and Dooku to deal with Jedi and run harassment.

The Arena situation could change in a few weeks, but for now it seems your best team would be Dooku (L), QGJ, Lumi, Sid and possibly Phasma (for turn meter manipulation and more survivability, as well as the Advantage revamp) or Yoda (for overall solid support). Continue working on starring up Dooku and QGJ. I'd say work also on Ahsoka after QGJ is completed at 7 stars, since she will be helpful in GW and I have seen her in Arena at the highest ranks. Conversely you can run QGJ at leader and see how that pans out for you.

Eventually I figure you'd want a 7* Yoda so Lumi, JC, QGJ, Barris and Ahsoka would be optimal, but Eeth will probably get to 7* first so finish him off and see how you do.

I think your main concern right now is that you don't seem to have any heavy hitters like Rey or Geo Soldier to really ramp up your damage output. After you're done with Dooku perhaps consider working on GS. Everyone says he's going to be nerfed or whatnot but it hasn't happened yet, so your mileage may vary.
  • Options
    Nice reply @drew *thumbs up & like*

I like your suggested GW squad. I have started using Barriss more as lead recently but always had a fondness for crits (lol) & a loath for Barriss' dps, but that all might be helped by QGJ! Nice tip, I'll have to get used to dumping heal immunity & aoe for the extra smack down attack. I find at max level that it is more difficult to land heal immunity with Sid anyway & I have to try manufacture perfect wins rather than going for straight dps with a QGJ or a GS/Rey like you recommend.

So, would you suggest trying to 7* Barriss or Dooku as a matter of priority? On the side I've been levelling up QGJ (when I have the spare credits) & trying to max out his gear, so I can continue on with that. My priority right, right now is GW & being able to finish that daily as credits are a huge issue.

Thanks again.