Full threat team viable?

So often when I do any battle whether it's arena or Galactic War or anything there's usually just one or two big threats to deal with. I.E. toons like GS,FOTP,laya,ig88. I've never seen a team with like 4 or Moore High threat characters now I know there's an obvious counter which is AOE damage but still you think that would see at least one team full of scary toons. Please post thought out replies

Replies

• Options
    In arena I run QGJ; Rey; GS; FOTP; and RG. None of the 1st 4 have high health...GS has decent health. But this team is viable. Not sure if that answers your question.
  • Options
    I am using a full threat team currently in Arena, if you count Poogle. It is a bit risky as it can be killed easily, but on offense it is much more fun than my defense team.
    And for unknown reasons I seem to be keeping rank just as well, if not a bit better.
  • Options
    Ok some people do it but it's just a rarity. Feel free to post your full threat teams
  • Options
    it cost too much!!!!
    however, i dont see how team of Dooku/Gs/Rey/Leia/Fotp can fail. in the current meta it will CRUSH everybody... tanks are very important, but when you have a team like that, NO ONE will engage you, and you should be able to beat everybody.

@111Nate111 i wouldn't engage you. i fought few times vs team like yours exactly. sometimes win by 1 toon alive, most of times lose. wouldnt do that mistake again :D
  • Options
    My top group is Phasma (leader), ig86, Sid, Asaaj, and Luminara......Pretty powerful offense and respectable defense....with all of their specials Ive been beating teams in the mid 500 rank easier than i thought
  • Azraelrulez
    1908 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    it cost too much!!!!
    however, i dont see how team of Dooku/Gs/Rey/Leia/Fotp can fail. in the current meta it will CRUSH everybody... tanks are very important, but when you have a team like that, NO ONE will engage you, and you should be able to beat everybody.

@111Nate111 i wouldn't engage you. i fought few times vs team like yours exactly. sometimes win by 1 toon alive, most of times lose. wouldnt do that mistake again :D

I defeat such teams with Dooku, Sid, Phasma, Kylo and 5s. 9/10 wins. Try it.

Edit: Congrats on the 7 star RG, BTW. Mine's still at 5 :disappointed:...
  • Options
    well @Azraelrulez i guess that counter team like this will do very well, but mine dont... i have the same exact people i atc in arena every day, and longsein is now one of them, who would believe!
    and my RG is still 6 :O more 55 shards i need bro.. long way to go. since you already here and the game dont have it own chat - i see you 72, congratz. xD you want me to put some1 for you to borrow in LS battles in the few days you'll get it open ? got 7* QGJ, Barris, Lumi, Poe, Aayla 5* as leaders , rey/rp 7* maxed for buIIshlt damage, and jc 7* for simple heal. :)
  • Options
    @SidiousIsPikachu, thanks for the offer! I'll PM you if I need someone. Most of the top guys in our Arena are already allies so I'm guessing it won't be much of a problem. I see now that your IGN is the same as here, good job.
  • WildGrunt
    1230 posts Member
    Options
    7 out of the top 10 on my server run this exact team:
    Dooku (L)
    Rey
    FOTP
    GS
    RG

very intimidating but still very beatable. That's why these 7 are always ranked 4th to 10th ;)
  • DrewN76
    566 posts Member
    Options
    I am running assajj Daka Dooku RG 86, working in my FOTP then he replaces 86.
  • DrewN76
    566 posts Member
    Options
    I hav run Dooku Daka 86 88 Poggle and made major headway.
  • DrewN76
    566 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Poggle 86 88 Daka RG works too
  • Options
    AOE Team still Viable, I use Dooku (Lead), Yoda, Poogle, Sid and Kylo.
    My Team can beat speed DPS team like that and I can reach rank 1 everyday
  • JJWZP5
    440 posts Member
    Options
    I run a fairly low health team: Dooku, Rey, Yoda, Qui, Sid and manage to finish around 20 most days in my January shard
  • Options
    Rahwidodo wrote: »

I'll try that out. Haven't upgraded any of the abilities of my 7 star Yoda as I couldn't find any use for him with the roster I have. His AoE is good? Gear, stars and abilities are maxed on all the toons you mentioned except abilities of Yoda. Thanks, BTW.
  • Options
    Rahwidodo wrote: »

I'll try that out. Haven't upgraded any of the abilities of my 7 star Yoda as I couldn't find any use for him with the roster I have. His AoE is good? Gear, stars and abilities are maxed on all the toons you mentioned except abilities of Yoda. Thanks, BTW.

You must max out yoda skill, especially the unstoppable force and master stroke.
    The strategy is to split damage : force lighting to stun the QGJ, then use the yoda's unstoppable force to Rey to reduce her turn meter. Let Poogle use his offence up then sid and kylo use their aoe