I miss Legendary and Hero’s Journey unlocks

I miss the old ways of unlocking important characters like Legendary and Hero’s Journeys. It seems CG has become lazy with hiding important characters behind one of the worst grindfests ever put into a game. At least with Legendary and Hero’s Journeys, we had cinematics and settings that recreate important events from the movies. How cool would it have been to create the same for Ahsoka and Maul? Or old man Boba? Nope…we have to do it through a boring and frustrating grind that only the top 1% can get through consistently. I enjoyed Conquest initially but it has ruined the joy of unlocking exciting new characters.

Replies

• E3P0
    110 posts Member
    Options
    One of the root problems here is that they've mostly run out of characters to use as requirements. All the major ones have been covered already and quite a few have been double dipped. Most major factions are covered. Unless you'd want to be gearing up toons like CUP or Kit Fisto. That holds true for GLs too where it's enough of a problem, but it would be even worse if they were cranking out more Legendaries. I could maybe potentially see a legendary Jabba somewhere down the road requiring specific BHs/Scoundrels, but that may be not monetizable enough for them now, especially since so many of them would likely be overlapping with the requirements for other special toons/ships. Maybe cutting their losses with a legendary Jar Jar since there's a sizeable portion of the fanbase that hates him? But overall I feel like the Legendary/Hero's Journey model for releasing toons is largely dead.
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    edited November 2021
    Options
    It’s because they’ve basically replaced them with galactic legends and funquest units : /

$$$
  • MasterSeedy
    5076 posts Member
    edited November 2021
    Options
    I, too, miss them.

While I understand what E3PO is saying, and largely agree, there are still opportunities. We got Beskar Mando as a Journey character, right? Well, we could easily have done the same with Omega.

In fact, if they wanted to make her hard to farm or whatever, they could have made a Journey that unlocks her at 5* and forced you to use Conquest currency to complete her (purchases of which would not be allowed until you have unlocked the character, just like Epic Confrontation characters and GET purchases). That kind of thing with Omega would have been fun, and I'm sure that there are lots of other future releases that can be done as whole factions...

...plus, of course TUSKENS still need a full faction and could use a legendary & a hero's journey (probably both) for Sharad Hett, A'Sharad Hett, and Darth Krayt.
  • Options
    You get a character for what.. 1200 crystals and a bit of time.

Better than 300 bucks or relic 8 crap characters
  • Options
    They won't bring it back because CG needs to make that quick cash
  • Options
    Sector 5 hard boss in Conquest, Moff Gideon, has a brief cinematic. Problem solved.
  • Options
    The Old Republic era needs more characters in the game. There's still plenty to draw from. You could do two whole teams just based on the comics alone!

The tuskens need another member.

I'm still surprised Wookie isn't even a character tag. You could add a Wookie leader and create a whole defense team from them.

There's still plenty of Sith to draw from as well, such as Darth Bane or Malgus.

Plus, there are upcoming shows which will undoubtedly add new characters to develop.

I agree, I would like to see the Journey Guide get some more attention.
  • Options
    You get a character for what.. 1200 crystals and a bit of time.

Better than 300 bucks or relic 8 crap characters

Conquest isn’t “a bit of time.” It’s a fun-less, frustrating grind fest. I’ll happily take leveling and gearing a set number of characters to play through actual cinematic events this game is based on over playing the same battles a hundred times to unlock someone.
  • Options
    The Old Republic era needs more characters in the game. There's still plenty to draw from. You could do two whole teams just based on the comics alone!

The tuskens need another member.

I'm still surprised Wookie isn't even a character tag. You could add a Wookie leader and create a whole defense team from them.

There's still plenty of Sith to draw from as well, such as Darth Bane or Malgus.

Plus, there are upcoming shows which will undoubtedly add new characters to develop.

I agree, I would like to see the Journey Guide get some more attention.

Well, I can't agree with the "wookie" tag... We need a Chewie tag... :p

"You could warn me when I do something bad. Blink once for dark side, twice for light"