Does anyone enjoy fighting Imperial Troopers in Conquest?

As I started another fight against Imperial Troopers in Galactic Conquest, activated my GL and then waited over a minute before my next turn and then over another minute for my turn after that ... I wondered if there really was anyone who had fun fighting this squad?
I get the Devs want to make challenges for us but even with that as a remit, surely a game should still be fun? And I fail to see what is fun about watching the AI play solitaire for sometimes 90 seconds or more out of a 5 minute match.
It's boring, it's tedious, it's repetitive and it's dull.
Does anyone like it?

Replies

• Options
    To be honest i think Phoenix are worse. Had Sabine delete my R8 JML before he could even take a turn.
  • WookieWookie
    1460 posts Member
    edited November 2021
    Options
    I do think this is a stale battle, as either you have the right tools for it or lose (IMO, using JKL lead with JML to use the JKL mass swarm, AoE stun, receive bacon would be my strategy, but you could also use an AoE daze ala BB Echo) but at least there is some strategy to it. If you can stop their TM train they are easy to dispose of.

It also does accurately represent how it feels to play IT yourself once you get the TM flowing, which I do enjoy.

200.gif
  • Options
    I do think this is a stale battle, as either you have the right tools for it or lose (IMO, using JKL lead with JML to use the JKL mass swarm, AoE stun, receive bacon would be my strategy, but you could also use an AoE daze ala BB Echo) but at least there is some strategy to it. If you can stop their TM train they are easy to dispose of.

It also does accurately represent how it feels to play IT yourself once you get the TM flowing, which I do enjoy.

200.gif

I'm not saying they're unbeatable; personally I use GL Rey so her ability to make her allies immune to damage once they reach a certain point keep everyone alive and then when you're finally allowed a turn you can hurt them.
    I'm saying that waiting to be allowed to do something while the AI plays solitaire for over a minute at least twice a match ... is ridiculous.
  • Options
    No one like this conquest at all. They move fast and deadly even they are low relics.
  • Options
    I like Troopers because I have the tools to beat them. If I didn't, I'd hate them and go around, sure. But that's sort of the point, right? Develop teams to counter what you have trouble with, or avoid the trouble in the first place.

Also, for what it's worth, check the modifiers to each battle because there are some without any Overprepared at all even into the middle of each board.
    IL168 wrote: »
    No one like this conquest at all. They move fast and deadly even they are low relics.

(I like this Conquest)
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    I do enjoy it, tbh. Their ability to respawn makes them a little better for the kill a gazillion enemies feat, lol.

I get what you're saying though. I don't think giving ridiculous amounts of speed to the oponents make the battles fun or challenging.
  • Options
    Traya with trio, malak, and sith marauder. Punish them for the assists and reduce their offense for all the buffs.
  • Options
    Hux's Passive ability can also prevent them from gaining TM, so with FO it's not so hard.
  • Options
    Does anyone enjoy this conquest at all? There fixed that for you.
  • Options

Aren't few conquests before this the same? I mean trooper squad.
  • Options
    Not my favorite team but they are manageable with the right team and/or disks. The bigger problem is the feats that punishes you for using any team you like. Every fight won with the wrong team is 10 crystals wasted.
  • Options
    Dnoff423 wrote: »
    Does anyone enjoy this conquest at all? There fixed that for you.

Me. At least I can complete some feats...
  • Options
    The devs are not creative enough to come up with much beyond amping up the speed. And they removed every disk that boosted speed so you may be able to go first. Conquest is clearly designed around having multiple GLs. I had trouble this one and have 3. SEE, JML, JMK. Hopefully by the time 13 rolls around I have LV and will keep up with the difficulty creep. I doubt it was ever their intent that such a broad spectrum of players could fully access conquest. That is why the difficulty keeps getting ramped up.
  • Options
    At well over 300 speed I can't even get my own Imp Troopers to work well against teams they should be destroying. But yeah, supposedly all your teams getting wiped out before you get 4 turns is considered "fun" by some people.

It's like we're facing the Tier 3 Darth Sidious from secrets and shadows on almost every node.
  • Options
    It's fun to have to use different things in order to win.
  • Options
    There are so many ways to stop the Trooper TM train. There is counter for everything. Nothing is unbeatable. And Speed is definitely not everything.
  • Options
    Rebmes wrote: »

Right? Would be nice if CG actually let us use other teams on our roster but unfortunately it’s virtually GL or bust thanks to their insane mechanics for conquest
  • Options
    I literally cannot continue past sector 3 and I have a GL on normal mode with 3m GP. One Rey team literally takes infinite turns. You literally will not be able to take one turn. They out run my SEE every single time.
  • Vendi1983
    5024 posts Member
    edited November 2021
    Options
    When in doubt, CLS with double Amplify Agony. Oh, and Booming Voice if you have it. Probably the craziest "old" team for Conquest.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    NicWester wrote: »
    I like Troopers because I have the tools to beat them. If I didn't, I'd hate them and go around, sure. But that's sort of the point, right? Develop teams to counter what you have trouble with, or avoid the trouble in the first place.

Also, for what it's worth, check the modifiers to each battle because there are some without any Overprepared at all even into the middle of each board.

(I like this Conquest)

Like the ones with steadfast retribution? Lol.
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Options
    Does anyone enjoy fighting any team in conquest?
  • Options
    I enjoy fighting Carth with Nightsisters. It’s fun to watch Talzin one shot everyone.
    3v3 FTW
  • Monel
    2786 posts Member
    Options
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Rebmes wrote: »

Right? Would be nice if CG actually let us use other teams on our roster but unfortunately it’s virtually GL or bust thanks to their insane mechanics for conquest

CLS trio with the dot disks was amazing! Insert any two characters with and they destroyed most teams in the hard sector.