Rebels need a nerf in conquest

Prev1
It’s obvious their critical chance is somewhere around 1,000%+ due to someone like Hera killing a 100% stamina GL in one turn. They need to have a max as to how many turns they can take before it cuts it off or lower their critical chance. I almost never 3 star a rebel battle and I’m playing on normal. It’s just to OP.

Replies

• Ultra
    11521 posts Moderator
    Options
    Whaleathon wrote: »
    It’s obvious their critical chance is somewhere around 1,000%+ due to someone like Hera killing a 100% stamina GL in one turn
    I do think its > 100% after you account for the Overprepared modifier that even a CA arrow won't help
  • Options
    Normally it's a problem but so far this time I've only seen them get 2-3 additional attacks. So either I've been lucky or the reduced chance for bonus attacks after the first is working as it should now.
  • scuba
    14068 posts Member
    Options
    Altzair wrote: »
    Normally it's a problem but so far this time I've only seen them get 2-3 additional attacks. So either I've been lucky or the reduced chance for bonus attacks after the first is working as it should now.

You have been lucky
  • Options
    It’s obvious their critical chance is somewhere around 1,000%+ due to someone like Hera killing a 100% stamina GL in one turn. They need to have a max as to how many turns they can take before it cuts it off or lower their critical chance. I almost never 3 star a rebel battle and I’m playing on normal. It’s just to OP.

Conquest needs a nerf in conquest.
  • Options
    Sabine attacks me 45 s. Very disappointing while looking at the 5 min time limit.

90% stamina from luke oder slkr are not fast enough to get the first turn.
  • Options
    You have to bring the nerf yourself. Like GK handing out crit immunity. Or han stunning her, with a bunch of debuffs to get the CLS train rolling.
  • Options
    Did the defensive buffs data disk get removed, as I've not seen it all this conquest? Or any buffs, for that matter.
  • Options
    Did the defensive buffs data disk get removed, as I've not seen it all this conquest? Or any buffs, for that matter.

The only buffs disks are the evasion one and the one that gives foresight (after 7 buffs lol)

There's a list of possible discs if you look in the dev posts.
    F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.
  • Options
    There are lots of counters. General Kenobi is cheap and easy, Han stunning Sabine right off the bat, Rey's damage immunity at half-health, foresight from any source, even the Evasion Up at the start of turn discs give you a high dodge rate. You could also use consumables, those are very effective.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    Based on the ability description, I think it's bugged, at least with Sabine? It says the chance to attack again is reduced by 25% each time, so the max should be 5 in a row. Sabine often keeps attacking until the target dies, I've had her take out tanks with 10+ attacks. Other characters I haven't seen go more than 5 times.
  • Options
    Keydash1 wrote: »
    Based on the ability description, I think it's bugged, at least with Sabine? It says the chance to attack again is reduced by 25% each time, so the max should be 5 in a row. Sabine often keeps attacking until the target dies, I've had her take out tanks with 10+ attacks. Other characters I haven't seen go more than 5 times.

That's not what is says.

The first crit results in a 100% chance to attack again.

The chance is reduced to 25% for bonus attacks beyond the first. Note, that is a flat 25%, not reduced by 25% each time.
  • Options
    It should still be fixed. Cg stated that the reason for nerfing GL counters was that they should be better than ordinary characters.

Having GLs lose to Phoenix in pve is just plain ridiculous. Even if it's only one battle with bad rng. If I can't have non GL, GL counters, then conquest shouldn't either.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    That's funny, I'm actually farming my smuggler wins on sector 1 Phoenix. It's relatively easy to keep the worst troublemakers stunlocked or controlled by stagger and Chewie disables crits on two of your guys, making the modifier less effective.
  • Options

They took out all the good disks and replaced them with mostly garbage because it wasn't challenging enough. Apparently too many players with 8-10 mil GP accounts were getting the max crate, so they passed 11 and went to 4500 this time.

They've pretty much done everything short of making us fight nodes with no mods on our characters to make this conquest the most garbage possible garbage it could be.
  • Options
    Whatelse73 wrote: »

They took out all the good disks and replaced them with mostly garbage because it wasn't challenging enough. Apparently too many players with 8-10 mil GP accounts were getting the max crate, so they passed 11 and went to 4500 this time.

They've pretty much done everything short of making us fight nodes with no mods on our characters to make this conquest the most garbage possible garbage it could be.

Maybe the disks aren't the best but it just means you need to rethink what's useful. After watching Ahnold the combo of Thermal exhaust, caustic emissions, and volatile accelerator is pretty OP.

It does depend on getting the disks with the right rarity but once the detonators start building its pretty much a win. Just have to endure the opening salves.

The changes were made to monetize the game mode. Not because too many people were getting max crate in 2 days though that was the excuse. Previously without refreshing energy you could get max crate. Now in order to do so you need to refresh the energy to have a chance for max crate. And of course refreshes cost crystals which cost money unless you are high in your arena ranks and get enough crystals that way
  • Options

Maybe the disks aren't the best but it just means you need to rethink what's useful. After watching Ahnold the combo of Thermal exhaust, caustic emissions, and volatile accelerator is pretty OP.

It does depend on getting the disks with the right rarity but once the detonators start building its pretty much a win. Just have to endure the opening salves.

The changes were made to monetize the game mode. Not because too many people were getting max crate in 2 days though that was the excuse. Previously without refreshing energy you could get max crate. Now in order to do so you need to refresh the energy to have a chance for max crate. And of course refreshes cost crystals which cost money unless you are high in your arena ranks and get enough crystals that way

The disks are not good compared to what we had previously. I see what you're saying, but the worst part is as it was in the last salvo of conquest, RNG determines who gets what disks. If everyone got the same exact disks and could put together the same combination to clear anything, so be it. We also had to endure the ridiculous decision to have a jawa with character shards as an option vs disks. So you pick disks or the ability to unlock D.B. Fett. Dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb

At the same time, I have 6 Galactic Legends who are supposed to be even more "Galactic Legendy" since August's update to nerf other characters to make them more powerful. However, Mon Mothma teams in conquest have beaten my GLs. Jawas, Ewoks, BB, Troopers, etc etc. are all beating teams that are hard counters to them in the rest of the game.

Moff Gideon and his stupidly overpowered Imp trooper team have beaten all 6 of my GL's and a couple held on for a while, but eventually Gideon taking 2-3 turns, having 5 troopers assist, all their debuffs get cleansed, being immune to stun, having half the buffs possible in SWGOH placed on them every other turn, etc etc., means my GL's are turned into garbage. GL's shouldn't be getting destroyed so easily in any game mode (Yes, that applies to Light Side Geo TB as well CG, sniper droids one-shotting my GL's is total and utter rubbish, especially placing TWO sniper droids on one wave that are TM loaded) I don't care if he's the final boss. He's 5-10 times worse than C7-9's bosses.

Do they play their own game? Sure, but the devs seem to be testing these events with 11 mil GP accounts where all their characters are R9 if they think this is "fun" or anything close to it. Garbage, plain and simple and hopefully they've received enough feedback and HEARD it well enough to know someone shouldn't be allowed to make decisions about the next conquest because they messed up big time on C10.
  • Options
    How about having Sabine still firing even if you dodge? I've had that a few times and nearly taking out my R7 Malak
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    edited November 2021
    Options

The disks are not good compared to what we had previously.

Right. Because those were broken. First couple Conquests you could get the red box if you had a r7 Darth Vader and didn't need anything else, so long as you had enough patience and Cooldown disks. That's bad. So it was taken out.

For Conquest 7-9 and 10-12 the disks are tailored to work with the intended faction. Lots of debuffs for Bossk, lots of reactive damage for slower, tankier teams, lots of additional damage effects (% health damage, tm loss, etc) for smugglers.

You can't expect the same disks every challenge, especially once a combination has been found that unlocks the mode. That's when it's time to create a new puzzle. Honestly? Yeah, I expect Thermal Detonators and DoTs to be swapped with some other pair next time and people are going to have to experiment on their own to find it do what they always do and twiddle their thumbs complaining about how hard it is until someone finds the new answer to the new problem and then a youtuber claims credit and broadcasts it and teaches them how to do it.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • KKatarn
    629 posts Member
    edited November 2021
    Options
    It is quite ridiculous to see a GL char being executed because Sabine keep shooting dozens of times nonstop.

Add in the overprepared **** and most usefull disks being taken out and this Conquest became a boring chore that consumes several hours of gameplay.
  • Options
    How about having Sabine still firing even if you dodge? I've had that a few times and nearly taking out my R7 Malak

When she gets 4 crits in one shot, she is going to get 4 bonus attacks. Even if the first of them misses, she still gets the other 3 bonus attacks. Then if any of those crit she gets a chance at a bonus again etc. It's really lucky if she ever stops shooting. Unless you do something about it yourself in the lineup you take in.
  • Options
    Infinity attack loop (remember GMY in CQ1?) use by players is unacceptable and nerfed quickly, but totally fine if that works against players
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    bluecheese wrote: »
    Infinity attack loop (remember GMY in CQ1?) use by players is unacceptable and nerfed quickly, but totally fine if that works against players

Well, the players have several ways to stop this loop. Sure, it's annoying, but it's nowhere near a guaranteed loss no matter what.
  • Options
    They took out all the good disks and replaced them with mostly garbage because it wasn't challenging enough.

Apparently too many players with 8-10 mil GP accounts were getting the max crate, so they passed 11 and went to 4500 this time.

Maybe the disks aren't the best but it just means you need to rethink what's useful.

After watching Ahnold the combo of Thermal exhaust, caustic emissions, and volatile accelerator is pretty OP.

It does depend on getting the disks with the right rarity but once the detonators start building its pretty much a win.

Just have to endure the opening salves.

The changes were made to monetize the game mode.

Not because too many people were getting max crate in 2 days though that was the excuse.

Previously without refreshing energy you could get max crate.

Now in order to do so you need to refresh the energy to have a chance for max crate.

And of course refreshes cost crystals which cost money unless you are high in your arena ranks and get enough crystals that way.
  • Options
    Ive just used my cls squad against any rebels. Worked all the way to sector 4 on hard mode( as much effort as I wanted to put in)
  • Options
    bluecheese wrote: »

Yup, it is this way always

Check the imperial troopers modifier, their revives CANNOT be prevented, but when we, players get to play with the imperial troopers modifier on Galactic Challenges, our revives CAN be prevented, soooo freaking cool and fair, huh?
  • Options

No disrespect, but if you almost never 3* a rebel battle on normal, I’m guessing that whatever it is has been designed to be more advanced than you are. I can safely say that with the right roster and setup it is possible to 3* everything, even on hard mode. You may need to have a better developed roster or better understanding of the mechanics to do it. I’ll agree that conquest is OP and it isn’t fun - it’s a chore and a grind to get through, CG has **** all the fun out of what was an awesome game mode in the search for profits, but it is still possible. Last conquest the only feat I didn’t do was the 40 smuggler battles, because I didn’t need to and life is too short. I hit max crate, and stopped doing any refreshes or card changes - basically just did whatever feats needed doing with naturally acquiring stamina, so it is possible. In the early conquests, I’d continually play after getting max crate just for the fun, but it isn’t fun anymore. It’s a chore.
  • Options
    You gotta go in with the right counters, and the right data disks as support, or you'll get wrecked (just like with many other Conquest squad matchups). As others have mentioned, there are multiple toons/kits/combos players can use to interrupt the attack chain, or even stop it from getting off in the first place. In fact, in the right situations the Phoenix nodes can even be a good choice to farm certain feats quickly on.

Honestly, anyone who hasn't learned those lessons for how to deal with these super Phoenix nodes like 5 Conquests ago hasn't been paying attention.
  • Options
    NicWester wrote: »

The disks are not good compared to what we had previously.

Right. Because those were broken. First couple Conquests you could get the red box if you had a r7 Darth Vader and didn't need anything else, so long as you had enough patience and Cooldown disks. That's bad. So it was taken out.

For Conquest 7-9 and 10-12 the disks are tailored to work with the intended faction. Lots of debuffs for Bossk, lots of reactive damage for slower, tankier teams, lots of additional damage effects (% health damage, tm loss, etc) for smugglers.

You can't expect the same disks every challenge, especially once a combination has been found that unlocks the mode. That's when it's time to create a new puzzle. Honestly? Yeah, I expect Thermal Detonators and DoTs to be swapped with some other pair next time and people are going to have to experiment on their own to find it do what they always do and twiddle their thumbs complaining about how hard it is until someone finds the new answer to the new problem and then a youtuber claims credit and broadcasts it and teaches them how to do it.

And like I said before, not everyone is getting the same disks. I completed it and got the red crate, but I was given the choice of ONE 3-dot disk this conquest. Last time I got two purples, in a previous conquest I'd gotten four of them. As far as right disks for the right nodes, for Moff Gideon I had to take off the DoTs and the thermal detonators to get a feat done on that one and I had to run it multiple times for success. (Rey, BAM, Bo-Katan, Hyoda, and Malak) I also watched more than one video about completing boss fights which ended up going, "Okay, so here are the disks you want to load-up...." and I didn't have 1 or more of the critical disks to "easily" beat the node. (But I got offered certain worthless/already owned disks 3, 4, 5 times in a sector)

At that, how are the best disks going to make FOURTY battles easier or less grindy? Especially when I have GL's over 600 speed going after the AI team on multiple nodes. I guess I missed the disks that would've given me 100% TM load at the start of a match like the AI teams had?

Like I also said, it isn't just about the difficulty. It's the fact they've made this so much more grindy and un-fun. It is garbage because they're just making it so much more tedious, players are not wanting to play the whole game just because of conquest. And again, someone made this decision and is hiding behind others having to face the wrath of CUSTOMERS who hate how awful this keeps becoming. So here we are ensuring that CG at least sees how we feel about this garbage. Some of the adjustments are great, but they are overshadowed by someone seemingly influencing players to NOT want to play this game mode.