New player question about stars :)

Hi fellow heroes of the galaxy!

I just started playing and am a bit confused about the star system.
What exactly does a higher star mean? Does it boost the characters current stats or the amount gained each level? And if it's the latter, does it work retroactively? Because if not would that not mean that for example If we compare the stats of two chewies at lv50 both 5 star but one reached 5 stars at lv40 and one at lv30 the one that got stars later will never be as strong as the other...
What this all gets down to is: should I wait with leveling characters I want to keep for end game until they have 7 stars?

Any help is appreciated, Hope I was clear enough

/Kaffemobil

Replies

• Options
    Stars increase the characters stats retroactively. There is no customizing individual characters and they will all end up with the same stats at max no matter how you build them. Jedi Consular, for every player, will ultimately end up with the same stats, same for every other character.
  • Options
    Cool!
    that's good news I think, would have been annoying to keep chars from leveling

Thx for the reply
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Welcome to the forum! You should level up your characters while you gear them up and star them, all at the same time. That would be ideal! If you don't have enough credits to do that (and there will be a point when you don't), go for gear first, then star, then level up. Because gear>stars>level.
  • Mikeyw
    10 posts Member
    Options
    Oh dear, I need to rethink my strategy I've been keeping everyone at level 1 until 7 star other than the characters I've been using.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    Mikeyw wrote: »
    Oh dear, I need to rethink my strategy I've been keeping everyone at level 1 until 7 star other than the characters I've been using.

Wait no no, keep doing that! Otherwise you will seriously be lacking credits. First improve the heroes you use, then maybe add a second team. Don't level up and star upp all the chars you own.