Jas Emari Kit Idea

Xcien
2436 posts Member
edited November 2021
Here is the kit idea for Jas Emari. If you have any feedback, please comment.

Lore:
The niece of the bounty hunter Sugi, Jas Emari was a bounty hunter active during the Galactic Civil War. A strong and resourceful individual, Jas Emari used swift attacks and improvised tactics to gain the advantage against her opponents. When Emari took a job to assassinate the Imperial slaver Arsin Crassus on Akiva, she found herself caught in the burgeoning Rebellion on the Outer Rim world. Emari worked with Norra Wexley and her group of rebels to capture the Imperial Future Council, and participated in the overthrowing of the Imperial leadership on Akiva. Following the rebellion on Akiva, Emari joined Norra Wexley and her team in hunting Imperial fugitives. During this time, Emari fell in love with Jom Barell, a New Republic commando. Emari later fought in the Liberation of Kashyyyk and the Battle of Jakku, and convinced Mercurial Swift’s team of bounty hunters to help her in the latter.

w5qnumtj53jb.jpg

Unit Name: Jas Emari
Tags: Light Side, Attacker (AGI), Leader, Scoundrel, Bounty Hunter, New Republic
Description: Powerful Bounty Hunter who uses a variety of abilities to defeat enemies.
Relic: Slugthrower Rifle

Basic: Rifle Shot (Omega):
Deal physical damage to target enemy, and inflict Defense Down for 2 turns. If the target has a Taunting effect, this ability is a guaranteed Critical Hit.

Special: Improvised Tactics (Cooldown 4) (Omega):
Deal physical damage to target enemy up to 3 times. For each Critical Hit scored, reduce the Turn Meter of the target enemy by 25%.

Special: Sniper’s Aim (Cooldown 3) (Omega):
Dispel all buffs on target enemy, and inflict Taunt on them for 2 turns. Bounty Hunter and New Republic allies gain Accuracy Up for 2 turns.

Leader: Strategic Partnership (Zeta):
Scoundrel and New Republic allies gain +30% Critical Chance and Critical Damage. Bounty Hunter allies gain +25% Potency. Whenever a Bounty Hunter ally scores a Critical Hit, they dispel all debuffs on themselves and gain 10% Turn Meter. Whenever Jas Emari is in the Leader slot, and not the Ally slot, the following Contract is active:

Contract:
Score 20 Critical Hits against debuffed enemies. Enemies must be debuffed before the start of the attack to count progress. (Only Scoundrel and Bounty Hunter allies can contribute to the Contract.)

Reward:
All enemies have -20% Tenacity. Bounty Hunter allies have their Payouts activated.

Unique: Ruthless Yet Compassionate (Omega):
Jas Emari has +25% Accuracy, and gains +5 Speed at the start of battle for each Scoundrel or New Republic ally present. Whenever an ally suffers a debuff while Jas Emari is active, they gain Tenacity Up for 1 turn, and Jas Emari gains 10% Turn Meter.

Unique: Jas Emari's Payout (Omega):
Whenever Jas Emari gains Rewards from a Contract, she also gains the following Payout. (Contracts are granted by certain Bounty Hunter Leader Abilities.)

Payout:
Jas Emari gains +40% Offense and has a 50% chance to assist whenever a Scoundrel or New Republic ally uses an ability during their turn.
I've found this whole experience to be very enlightening.

Thank you for evaluating. Your feedback is appreciated.
Post edited by Xcien on

Replies

• Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    Options
    I don't like this kit that much to be honest. I think having her gain Crit Chance with both leader and unique is unnecessary, same with the TM gain on Crit wih both her special and leader.

I will fix both issues. Thank you for evaluating.

• Options
    I find that this kit is based heavily on increasing stats. That often leads to unbalanced things. Her damage seems really high. I also don’t see any theme to her, just an overwhelming amount of random control ability and high damage output.
    3v3 FTW
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    Options
    I find that this kit is based heavily on increasing stats. That often leads to unbalanced things. Her damage seems really high. I also don’t see any theme to her, just an overwhelming amount of random control ability and high damage output.

I will fix several things later, and thank you for evaluating.

• Options
    These characters you're doing, I never knew they existed until now.
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    Options
    These characters you're doing, I never knew they existed until now.

They’re all from the Aftermath trilogy. The books are pretty good, in my opinion, if you want to learn more about the different characters that I’ve made kits for.

• Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    Options
    Made some changes to the kit to address the issues brought up by both @Sebek and @StealthGOBLIN32. I tried to shift the kit away from overpowered stats, and more focused on Critical Hits and debuffs. If anyone has feedback for the updated version, please comment.

• Options
    I like this much better- especially with the accuracy and crit focus.
    3v3 FTW
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    Options
    I like this much better- especially with the accuracy and crit focus.

Thank you for evaluating. Your feedback is much appreciated. 🙂

• Options
    All these character can open the door for a New Republic faction to complement the already in-game Imperial Remnant.