TW Guild Matching - still unfair

LordNox
242 posts Member
edited November 2021
Our guild is over 330mil, so basically most of our ranks need to join for having secured any droid brains. And that becomes the main target for our guild (and probably many others). This is also most sensible way of doing TW currently. Matching is still unfair as more or less the same size guilds can have a serious difference in number of GLs. This TW our opponents had 45 GLs more from us (38 was needed for the full sector); once we had a difference of 50 GLs too. And as non-GL counters were seriously limited by number of the game updates, actually the GL number decides about winning or losing the particular TW.
So Capital Games, this is what really happens and your declarations about fair matching are not worth much I guess...
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• Options
    Can't understand - is that really funny Capital Games to match two guilds with difference of 40+ GLs? Do you have fun? This is just a game mechanics - you can't win that battle. In current TW we are matched to a GP equal guild, but they have 164 GLs compared to our 120. This is so stupid matching format...
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    They do not match based on GL count, it doesnt sound like that is something they will ever do.
  • marcusopus1
    21 posts Member
    edited November 2021
    Options
    So unfair! :D Good luck Kyno. We matched you guys this time.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    So unfair! :D Good luck Kyno. We matched you guys this time.

Nice, I have not checked in yet. See you on the battle field!!!!
  • Options
    I fully expect a bambi meets godzilla TW. I'd wish you good luck, but you're not going to need it!
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    I fully expect a bambi meets godzilla TW. I'd wish you good luck, but you're not going to need it!

Bambi ended up doing some pretty cool stuff, may want to watch that movie again.
  • Options
    It is really nothing difficult to organise the matching process based on several criteria: guild GP plus/minus 10% and number of GL plus/minus 10% - there must be some conditions for a fair duel. Currently this is a territory circus not a war
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    LordNox wrote: »
    It is really nothing difficult to organise the matching process based on several criteria: guild GP plus/minus 10% and number of GL plus/minus 10% - there must be some conditions for a fair duel. Currently this is a territory circus not a war

There are many ways to do it, they do have conditions they look at, and they monitor and adjust the matching parameters based on what they see.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    LordNox wrote: »

Why would they match by number of GLs? How would taking away the advantage of building a strong roster encourage people to spend?
  • Options
    Waqui wrote: »
    Why would they match by number of GLs? How would taking away the advantage of building a strong roster encourage people to spend?
    Do you really believe that disaster-matching encourages people to focus more on rosters? Motivation is built when people see a sense in what they do and can effectively use their rosters. Having no chance to win since beginning does not motivate anyone in the weaker guild, believe me. With such a big disparities in GLs there is also no sense to battle - you already know the result. Then why not to SIM TWs? The message would be clear: the stronger always wins. This event is currently a kind of a Territory Lottery, but not an event when you can challenge other guilds. In our last 5 runs only once we were matched properly - when both guilds had a chance to win. In other TWs - we lost 3x because of serious disparity in GL numbers, 1x we won because of serious disparity in GL number. This is really a broken matching system and Capital Games should focus more on that. Unless the prevailing factor for them is that stronger guilds must always easily win.
  • Options
    congrats! @Kyno
  • DarthNosferatu
    15 posts Member
    edited January 2022
    Options
    A picture is worth a thousand words... have two thousand, have three...7f860450li10.jpg
    ztwyklmmxuuu.jpg
    2q45opku259l.jpg

Update... have 4il6qg65i93xt.jpg
    Post edited by DarthNosferatu on
  • Options
    266v302
    AT LEAST GIVE US A WHITE FLAG BUTTON SO WE CAN DIP WHEN YOU'RE SYSTEM FAILS US!
    nk7uczssby5m.jpg
    qpvsnxorwc8w.jpg
    tg7fy25bkbct.jpg
    asljk12gt8ue.jpg