Is there a viable high health counter jedi team with gundi?

Hbk146
215 posts Member
Hi,
I was thinking whether or not such a team is viable. It would potentially be great on defense but i lack the experience with most jedi so i ask you.
1) gundi as leader: this is pretty much set in stone. High health, okay speed, gives 35 % counter chance and some defense to jedi
2) anakin. He is extremely powerful on high levels. High health and speed. Huge damage on his normal attack so counter attacks are devastating. Smart use of his aoe by ai makes him extremely dangerous. Is probably a priority target for enemy because of his unique ability.
3) aayla. I have little experience with her. She has high health and okay speed though. Her basic ability synergizes very well with the whole team being jedi. With gundi she has a 100% counter chance so practically a high health dooku.
4)kit fisto. Again little experience with this one. Extremely high health and okay speed. His aoe special is pretty awful i guess. With gundi he has 70 % counter chance.
5)qui gon. Low health and high speed. Everyone knows him so no need to explain. He might have too low health for this team as he can get instakilled by a lot of chars.
6) yoda. Very low health and high speed. Doesnt really fit into this team either i would say.
7) jedi knight guardian. High health, absolutely awful speed. Not sure about this one. She has awful damage but as she has many defensive tools she can last long and have lots of counters. Offense down on basic attack might be good. Her special is disappointing though.
8) jedi consular. Medium health, okay speed. Dont think he fits well into this team. His heal might be handy sometimes but otherwise nothing special.
9)barriss. Extremely high health and okay speed. She might fit perfectly. As everyone on this team has pretty high health her special should regenerate lots of health if the opponent focuses on one member at a time(which he will). She hits for nothing but heals quite a bit with her basic. Her debuff dispel is nice.
10) windu. Decent health, okay speed. If he actually attacked the exposed enemy he might be good but as he doesnt he really hasnt much going for him. I would pass up on him.
11) ahsoka. Decent health(with unique ability), decent speed( with unique). She might be good in this team after she was reworked. I lack the experience though to be sure. She does decent damage and heals a lot.
12) eeth koth. okay health, decent speed. Apart from his stun rather underwhelming for this team.
13) lumi. Okay health and speed. She doesnt quite fit. You dont want her to dodge in this team. Does a lot of damage though and her heal might be nice.
14) plo koon. Decent health, okay speed. I have no idea. His abilities seem nice on paper but i have heard horrible things about him. Offense down aoe for 2 turns is huge if it works. Dispelling effects on his basic also seems great.
15) old ben.extremely high health, okay speed. He seems fitting. His offense down(2 turns) ability block and turn meter reduction aoe is exactly what this team needs. Evasion up on his basic is useless though as is his unique as he will always be the last guy the enemy wants to kill.

So my favourite team would be gundi, ani, aayla, fisto, barriss. If ben or plo werent heavily flawed i would definitely add one of them. Offense down aoe sounds really nice for this team.

As aayla and fisto are hard to get atm i would replace them with ben and ahsoka.

There you have it. This team literally counters any type of aoe, hard. It stays alive for a long time and inflicts its damage over time.

So what do u guys think? Have i missed anything crucial? Do u think it is competitive?

Replies

• Predian
    615 posts Member
    Options
    I hung in the top 5 with a Gun Di team that had a bit of a rotation to it. I always used Aayla, but Anakin, Yoda, Ahsoka, QGJ, Lumi rotated in. I also sometimes used Fives in there depending on whom I was facing.

I tend to get bored of my teams though and I run a clone team now. I always have Gun Di in my back pocket though for when I feel like counter attack madness.

I have a 7 star maxed Kit but he never seemed impactful to me.
  • Hbk146
    215 posts Member
    Options
    Predian wrote: »
    I hung in the top 5 with a Gun Di team that had a bit of a rotation to it. I always used Aayla, but Anakin, Yoda, Ahsoka, QGJ, Lumi rotated in. I also sometimes used Fives in there depending on whom I was facing.

I tend to get bored of my teams though and I run a clone team now. I always have Gun Di in my back pocket though for when I feel like counter attack madness.

I have a 7 star maxed Kit but he never seemed impactful to me.

So u r saying it is very viable and you dont drop much if u use it right?
    Is your fisto maxed out and still doing nothing?
    What r your thoughts on ahsoka now? Mediocre?
  • Predian
    615 posts Member
    Options
    I really like the new Ahsoka, I give her a 7/10. Similar in utility to Anakin. Kit needs to do a tiny bit more damage to get on my radar.

Yes it's viable. One thing though that I've learned is that people like to target "different" teams. And Ima makes you stand out. You'll get targeted more.

My win rate on offense with the Ima team was probably about 75%, which is less than my win rate with a Dooku or QGJ team. But more fun, due to the variety.
  • Hbk146
    215 posts Member
    Options
    Whats the problem with it? Still getting one shotted by rey? Counter doesnt trigger often enough? Damage too low on each counter?
  • El_Duderino
    413 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Hbk146 wrote: »
    Whats the problem with it? Still getting one shotted by rey? Counter doesnt trigger often enough? Damage too low on each counter?

The problem with it is the lack of hard-hitting jedi to make the counter attacks worth it.

I'm still keeping IGD in my back pocket, because I figure eventually they'll have to release a jedi or two that have a strong basic attack. Also, counter attacks don't really factor in when you're one-shot or stunned.

I think IGD get's +25% damage boost on counters on next upgraded leader ability but suspect that will not be quite enough boost still.
  • Predian
    615 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah, it's the damage output. Aayla and QGJ can help with that, but a team with a royal guard can be really difficult, because that guard has so many hitpoints and you lack a huge hitter to take him down quickly.

Anakin with his buff block, or qgj with his buff removal can help. But it's not a perfect solution.
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Options
    My full Jedi Di led team has fluctuated a little. First time I used it, I dropped from top 10 to 40-ish. Then it stabilized, and last time I used it I didn't even drop out of top 10 overnight.

It's Di, Ahsoka, Yoda, Lumi, QGJ. Not high health but HP isn't really necessary I feel. Ahsoka gains sick amounts of HP on her attacks. Lumi usually survives to pop her heal. Yoda gains Foresight AND turn meter on his counter attack, which is buff since it means you can often just tap Battle meditation first thing you do and everybody gains one free hit protection.

Kit really doesn't fit into this team. Even though he would counter attack more, he hits too low and has pretty much zero utility for the team.

Aayla would be a perfect natural fit. Mine is only 5* and can't farm her so that will just have to wait.

Anakin might fit, but I'm not convinced. I'm working to 7* him in either case, so time will tell.
  • El_Duderino
    413 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Nonemo wrote: »
    My full Jedi Di led team has fluctuated a little. First time I used it, I dropped from top 10 to 40-ish. Then it stabilized, and last time I used it I didn't even drop out of top 10 overnight.

It's Di, Ahsoka, Yoda, Lumi, QGJ. Not high health but HP isn't really necessary I feel. Ahsoka gains sick amounts of HP on her attacks. Lumi usually survives to pop her heal. Yoda gains Foresight AND turn meter on his counter attack, which is buff since it means you can often just tap Battle meditation first thing you do and everybody gains one free hit protection.

Kit really doesn't fit into this team. Even though he would counter attack more, he hits too low and has pretty much zero utility for the team.

Aayla would be a perfect natural fit. Mine is only 5* and can't farm her so that will just have to wait.

Anakin might fit, but I'm not convinced. I'm working to 7* him in either case, so time will tell.

I might have to actually try this again since I've 7*'d IGD. Only thing I'm missing from yours is my QGJ is only 6* at the moment.

Is your IGD geared up to IX?

And oh yeah last thing, can we just call it the jeDi team for short?
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Options

I might have to actually try this again since I've 7*'d IGD. Only thing I'm missing from yours is my QGJ is only 6* at the moment.

Lol JeDi it is. This is too elegant to not use.

Yeah my Di is fully maxed. Hits rather hard actually. Appreciably harder than for instance Lumi, who does pack a punch.
  • Options

Yeah my Di is fully maxed. Hits rather hard actually. Appreciably harder than for instance Lumi, who does pack a punch.

Man, those cuffs... only 44 more :(

Did you notice a big difference between gear VIII->IX ?
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Options

Yep I really did. Di went from being good to being REALLY good. Solid health and with a lucky crit he'll do 8-9K damage on his special move now that it's at ability lv 7.
  • Options

Yep I really did. Di went from being good to being REALLY good. Solid health and with a lucky crit he'll do 8-9K damage on his special move now that it's at ability lv 7.

Thank you for the input. I'll need to get on my proverbial horse and get those cuffs asap...