Nightsisters?

Prgynt
56 posts Member
Are ventress, daka, and the 2 generic nightsisters the only nightsisters? I've heard lumi and ashsoka are, but they're only listed as jedi. If ventress is leader, does the speed buff affect herself as well?

Replies

• AnonymousLlama
    223 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Ahsoka's leader skill applies to Nightsisters. Neither of them receive Nightsister buffs.
  • Options
    You're forgetting Talia who kind of sucks at first until you get her leveled up pretty high.

Ventress is underrated in my opinion, hits hard, has a good AoE, self heals, debuffs, stuns. That's a lot of tools in the toolbox. She's slow though, so you have to deal with that a little.

Daka is awesome.

Nightsister Initiate is a straightforward hard hitter with a ton of health. If you're in for 3 nightsisters you might as well be in for 4 if you want to take advantage of the synergy. But the truth is you probably have someone else on your roster who can do the job just as well.

Nightsister Acolyte is not worth it.

Ahsoka is not a nightsister but I believe when Ahsoka is leader, she grants speed to nightsisters as well as jedi. It just doesn't work in reverse.

• Prgynt
    56 posts Member
    Options
    Too bad, been trying to find a way to make ventress more useful. She hits hard, but not sure it's enough to overcome her slow speed if she doesn't bring much else to the team.
  • Prgynt
    56 posts Member
    Options
    You're right, I did forget about Talia. I've let her fall to the side the last few weeks. It's just so hard to overcome the whole speed thing, watching your team get ripped apart while you just stand there. Maybe need to jump on the evasion route.
  • Options
    What levels are your team?

• Options
    Also, are you asking more for Arena, or GW, or something else?
  • Prgynt
    56 posts Member
    Options
    Mostly for GW, bUT arena also. Currently I run lumi 7* gear7, JC 6* gear8, Sid 6* gear7, QGJ 5* gear7, and the 5th spot depends on team I'm facing. Usually vader, ren, savage, etc, though ventress is now 5* gear8 and ahsoka is 5* gear7, and they're being used more.

I was thinking of Ashoka as leader (will go up 1* and 1 gear level in next week), lumi, JC, Ventress, and either QGJ or Barriss when I get her. Or Sid. Gives me decent firepower and healing, with evasion making up for speed and tanks.

My Dooku is only 3*, almost 4, but he'll take a while to catch up.
  • Prgynt
    56 posts Member
    Options
    Prgynt wrote: »
    Mostly for GW, bUT arena also. Currently I run lumi 7* gear7, JC 6* gear8, Sid 6* gear7, QGJ 5* gear7, and the 5th spot depends on team I'm facing. Usually vader, ren, savage, etc, though ventress is now 5* gear8 and ahsoka is 5* gear7, and they're being used more.

I was thinking of Ashoka as leader (will go up 1* and 1 gear level in next week), lumi, JC, Ventress, and either QGJ or Barriss when I get her. Or Sid. Gives me decent firepower and healing, with evasion making up for speed and tanks.

My Dooku is only 3*, almost 4, but he'll take a while to catch up.

All toons are levels 62 to 65.
  • CaptainRex
    2840 posts Member
    Options
    Put Ventress as your leader. Then the Nightsister team becomes very fast.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Krak
    68 posts Member
    Options
    CaptainRex wrote: »
    they are fast on offense but you will get destroyed on defense, the ai is horrid for ventress along with her slow speed, I have max gear/ lv 72 night sister team, go from top 30 to around 150 to 175 in the arena daily.

I have run ( ventress, talia, initiate, daka for months, switch around 5 th member around but nothing I've found seems to work well on defense ( from maxed rg, poe, dooku, acolyte, ee, and others)

ventress and talia ai just break the team on defense very badly, you might as well paint a target on your back if you play them in arena because everyone will target you.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    @cosmicturtle333 - I believe you are being paged... :)
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Krak
    68 posts Member
    Options
    Are ventress, daka, and the 2 generic nightsisters the only nightsisters? I've heard lumi and ashsoka are, but they're only listed as jedi. If ventress is leader, does the speed buff affect herself as well?

ventress does get her leader buff but it still only puts her at 112 speed ( the description states " nightsister allies" but she gets the speed as well, at least last time I checked)
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    @cosmicturtle333 - I believe you are being paged... :)

Beat me to it
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Krak wrote: »

ventress does get her leader buff but it still only puts her at 112 speed ( the description states " nightsister allies" but she gets the speed as well, at least last time I checked)

She does. All leaders get the benefit of their own leadership abilities (i.e. QGJ gets speed up, etc.)
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Nightsisters to me seem like an archetype that could've been good if only they distributed the stats better
  • Hamnier
    162 posts Member
    Options
    My Nightsister team - Lead with Ventress for speed bonus

Ventress: lvl 60; 4*; G7
    Old Daka: lvl 62; 4*; G7
    Talia: lvl 60; 3*; G7
    Initiate: lvl 65; 5*; G8
    Acolyte: lvl 58; 4*; G7

There are times that I sweep through GW without ever changing from Nightsisters or loosing anyone (even the final battle), though I typically have to send in a suicide team here and there, and I often end up sacrificing the Nightsisters on the last battle to set up an easy win for the next group.

I agree that the Acolyte is very week when compared to... anyone, but she does have some redeeming qualities. First of all, she is FAST. I have never seen her not go first with Ventress as leader, and even often when she isn't leading (so if they are following up another attack and one character is almost dead, it is a guarantee she will go first to get rid of them). Next, her special removes ally's negative effects when it deals a finishing blow (not the greatest as it needs a good setup, but a nice perk). Also, her random stealth ability makes her almost always the last Nightsister to fall. And to top it off, once she gets to a high enough level, she actually does some decent damage. So she may not be a must-have-for-any-team character, but if you have a good Nightsister team, she becomes very valuable.
    they are fast on offense but you will get destroyed on defense, the ai is horrid for ventress along with her slow speed, I have max gear/ lv 72 night sister team, go from top 30 to around 150 to 175 in the arena daily...

ventress and talia ai just break the team on defense very badly, you might as well paint a target on your back if you play them in arena because everyone will target you.

The trick is to actually fight, meaning NOT using the AI. In Arena, sure you can't help that, but I hear about a lot of people trying to rush through GW on auto. I don't care what your argument is, that is dumb. The AI for anyone will never do as well as a human player calling the shots. Even when I was being pitted against level 70 teams when I was in the low 50s, I could get almost to the end of GW, thus still getting plenty of rewards.

My Arena team is Ahsoka, Ventress, Initiate, Old Daka, Ewok Elder. They do pretty well for themselves, for I rarely go above 1000 these days even with the elder only being 2*.
  • Krak
    68 posts Member
    Options
    Nightsisters to me seem like an archetype that could've been good if only they distributed the stats better

yeah, though there are some other nightsisters that have been datamined but who knows when we will see those...
  • Options
    Hamnier wrote: »

There are times that I sweep through GW without ever changing from Nightsisters or loosing anyone (even the final battle), though I typically have to send in a suicide team here and there, and I often end up sacrificing the Nightsisters on the last battle to set up an easy win for the next group.

I agree that the Acolyte is very week when compared to... anyone, but she does have some redeeming qualities. First of all, she is FAST. I have never seen her not go first with Ventress as leader, and even often when she isn't leading (so if they are following up another attack and one character is almost dead, it is a guarantee she will go first to get rid of them). Next, her special removes ally's negative effects when it deals a finishing blow (not the greatest as it needs a good setup, but a nice perk). Also, her random stealth ability makes her almost always the last Nightsister to fall. And to top it off, once she gets to a high enough level, she actually does some decent damage. So she may not be a must-have-for-any-team character, but if you have a good Nightsister team, she becomes very valuable.
    they are fast on offense but you will get destroyed on defense, the ai is horrid for ventress along with her slow speed, I have max gear/ lv 72 night sister team, go from top 30 to around 150 to 175 in the arena daily...

The trick is to actually fight, meaning NOT using the AI. In Arena, sure you can't help that, but I hear about a lot of people trying to rush through GW on auto. I don't care what your argument is, that is dumb. The AI for anyone will never do as well as a human player calling the shots. Even when I was being pitted against level 70 teams when I was in the low 50s, I could get almost to the end of GW, thus still getting plenty of rewards.

My Arena team is Ahsoka, Ventress, Initiate, Old Daka, Ewok Elder. They do pretty well for themselves, for I rarely go above 1000 these days even with the elder only being 2*.

Pretty sure when you 7* them they'll be beast lol nice dude I wish that one Datamined Nightsister comes out soon, looks sweet
  • Options
    You're forgetting Talia who kind of sucks at first until you get her leveled up pretty high.

Ventress is underrated in my opinion, hits hard, has a good AoE, self heals, debuffs, stuns. That's a lot of tools in the toolbox. She's slow though, so you have to deal with that a little.

make her leader, problem solved.
    Daka is awesome.

Don't care how you dress her up, you can't put lipstick on a pig.. Daka SUCKS, do you see her in Arena or GW? No so what does that tell you..

Nightsister Initiate is a straightforward hard hitter with a ton of health. If you're in for 3 nightsisters you might as well be in for 4 if you want to take advantage of the synergy. But the truth is you probably have someone else on your roster who can do the job just as well.

between initiate ability with 70% crit chance and hits for almost 6K every time, and self heal combined with Talia and Asajj.. I have been promoting the sisters for a while now, even have a post on here from a month ago to prove it.. I *LOVE* the Nightsisters, they rock only problem is they have to be on the defensive, because they hit last.. so in Arena they will be focused down before they get to attack. As soon as I can come with a viable way to increase their speed.. I would put 4 nightsisters (without daka) and someone like Yoda to somewhat protect them or lead with Ahsoka.. That will be a game changer.

Nightsister Acolyte is not worth it.

says you, she is hard to get. I have a theory why make Vader, Grievous, Acolyte so hard to get if they are just going to suck? I think the devs have a plan.. and for NOW she isn't great but I have so many more higher priorities than getting shards for Acolyte, but she is 4* and full ability. She will be good just wait.
    Ahsoka is not a nightsister but I believe when Ahsoka is leader, she grants speed to nightsisters as well as jedi. It just doesn't work in reverse.

Her ability is 14% evasion, and grants chance to sisters \ jedi equally to evade, when they evade they get turn meter (15%).. its not speed because its only when they evade an attack, but can help with getting well timed attacks.

• Options
    I also don't think Daka herself is good in a Nightsister team, she works with others but with their speed she'll just die fast along with the others. On other teams she's a semi taunt bc nobody wants that **** chance with speed meta characters coming back.
    Vader is pretty good and has very solid damage, his lack of stars is what stops him from being used most of the time. Grievous will get more droids to work with, hopefully C3PO and R2D2.
    Acolyte...I think the Devs rushed on it and will get a much needed buff soon
  • Krak
    68 posts Member
    Options
    Hamnier wrote: »

I was talking about arena for the most part, they are ok for gw.

as for acolyte, she is fast but hits for around 2 to 2.5 k (3.5 with her special)at max lv, which is not great.

As for the stealth (in a non stealth team) it's a disadvantage imo, just creates a better chance the ai will target daka.

I maxed her months ago and was greatly disappointed.

When the server was young nightsisters were ok but they have gone downhill over the past couple months.

As for gw I've never really had an issue with it while running nightsisters.
  • Options
    Nightsister teams gets pwnd hard.
    They suck IMO
  • Options
    @Jedi_Yoda

A nightsister team is, in my opinion, a good and solid team, however not for Arena. This is why I asked OP what he needed the team for.

Nightsisters are the core of one of my GW teams - lipstick-on-a-pig Daka included. Ventress lead, Talia, Daka, QGJ, and RG. I wrote in a different post but I find this team very well balanced. 2 toons with heal, 3 with stun, 2 with debuff. Personally, I find the stuns to more than compensate for the lack of speed for some of the toons. At some point I may add Initiate to this team but that would be down the road. Many other priorities.

Daka specifically - I use her stuns a lot, and find that her stun ability being tied to her basic

Would not make a great high level Arena team, but it's not built for that. I run this team through most of GW and I enjoy playing it. I have completed GW every day for over a month. It started as my B team but they get me through node 8 without having to make a sub.

6* Ventress G8 (65)
    5* Talia G8 (63)
    5* Daka G8 (70)
    4* QGJ G7 (70)
    4* RG G6 (55)

Thanks for the correction on Ahsoka's leader ability; I did not have the game open so I could not check for certain.
  • Options
    Nightsister teams gets pwnd hard.
    They suck IMO

Run a full max NS team: it tears up GW and Arena (top 200 regularly with my team)
    Green_Legend_Ran A storm is coming...
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    @Jedi_Yoda maybe not on your leader board but I see daka on mine all the. Also in Gw I also run her and Asajj on both my arena and GW teams.

f6FCk29.jpg
  • Options
    Ventures is meant to be a bit slower so that her debut is actually useful. If you have a hard time keeping her alive, use Poe or RG for taunts. If she is too slow, put her in the lead with Daka, Talia, and Initiate. Fill the other slots with a taunter and a shooter. Alternately use Phasma...she makes all of the slow toons faster.
  • Cyclops
    80 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    There are actually a lot of night sister teams in my top 200. I can usually beat them but they can be a challenge at times if they are fully 7 stars.
  • Options
    I think they are an aoe based high speed mother taslzin away from being pretty good.

The cool part about ventress leader ability is the chance on hit to reduce turn meter..team that up with a fast aoe leading into ventress aoe could be a thing...
This discussion has been closed.