What's Your Plan To Address Non-Executor Owners In GAC?

Prev1
LIGHTNINGDEATH88
7 posts Member
edited December 2021
CG / DEVs;

How are players supposed to have a chance at winning in GAC if they face opponents with an Executor on defense and they themselves don't own one? You have made Executor virtually impossible to beat unless you own an equivalent Executor, so what's the plan? Is it "Just pay for a 7* Executor and it'll work itself out"?

Furthermore, you are actively losing years-long dedicated players because of this same issue in Fleet Arena, now you are doubling-down for GAC?! Give the community a break guys. There is no reason that a 7* <insert name of any Capital Ship> should lose to a 4, 5, or 6* Executor. That's an absolute disaster for a return on our investment.

I hope you have worked into the GAC algorithm that it doesn't match people up that don't have one. Please fix this, or I believe the gifts coming your way this holiday season will look a lot like an Exodus from the game for a lot of players.
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• Options
    In GAC it is totally realistic to beat any line up - it may take more than one attempt with bad RNG, but it can be done first time with some good RNG.

Fleet arena is more of a concern, but, again, it can be beaten and its a choice players need to make in terms of investing resources.

It is totally possible to already have a 7* Exec as a F2P account.

It is a bit like saying its not fair that other have GLs or more GLs - that is partly a choice (as well as matchmaking, but that should smooth out for the lower end).
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    Options
    You just wont be winning with max banners. Thats how they addressed it.

Remember to whale harder, lol. Strategy!!!!
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    edited December 2021
    Options
    Just go on YouTube, search up “TFP Malev swgoh” and learn how to counter the fleet.

Majority of owners I’ve seen don’t use their executors on offense in GAC.
  • Options
    CG / DEVs;
    I hope you have worked into the GAC algorithm that it doesn't match people up that don't have one. Please fix this, or I believe the gifts coming your way this holiday season will look a lot like an Exodus from the game for a lot of players.

They have stated several times by now that a players collection is not involved in the new GAC match making.

If a player cannot defeat any particular team then they will fall to a place on the ladder where at the most they see that team 50% of the time, assuming they always win otherwise.

Your collection is only involved in the MM in how you use your collection now. If your collection allows you to win, your rating improves. If you unlock something that allows you to win more your rating improves. If you don't know how to mod or use a team well your rating decreases because of losses.
  • Options
    Yep. If you dont have an Executor and you're lazy to google how to beat it, you will simply lose a few GACs, which will put you into a lower division, where you will start facing weaker and weaker opponents, until you actually start winning.
    With the new system, eventually every player will win around 50% of the time. The only question is that in which division/league you'll do that, as higher divisions give more crystals.
  • Options
    Start with Malevolence vs Executor, and if you don’t win, you’ll likely have killed at least 1-2 ships. Clean up with Rebels.
  • IntrepidFox
    237 posts Member
    edited December 2021
    Options
    Exe is a pretty easy two shot most of the time. Try facing 3 gl’s when you only have 1. If exe is your problem at least you got to the back wall.
  • Monel
    2786 posts Member
    Options
    pbez86i5z0qa.gif
  • Options
    Isn't CG's general response to MM questions "git gud"?
  • Options
    This has been said multiple times in MM discussions: there will never be a MM-system that punishes rosters with more meta teams. Never.
    There would be no reason for going after the new and shiny, if you would never face players without it.
    And, if not obvious, this game is kept alive by going after the new and shiny.

• Options
    As mentioned earlier, the new GAC Win-loss based ladder system will actually be more player-friendly when it comes to roster-development. The old MM system is punishing your much more on that aspect.
  • Options
    In GAC it is totally realistic to beat any line up - it may take more than one attempt with bad RNG, but it can be done first time with some good RNG.

Fleet arena is more of a concern, but, again, it can be beaten and its a choice players need to make in terms of investing resources.

It is a bit like saying its not fair that other have GLs or more GLs - that is partly a choice (as well as matchmaking, but that should smooth out for the lower end).

Totally possible to have a 7* Exec as a F2P account? How do you figure that? I've been playing for years and cannot do well enough in Conquest to earn Aeromagnifiers, and my guild cannot beat Crancor to earn Aeromagnifiers.
    So as far as I can tell, Executor is behind a VERY large pay wall. I'd have to spend thousands of dollars to have the toons required to get that far in Conquest. Or my entire guild would have to spend thousands of dollars on each of their rosters to beat Crancor.
    How do you imagine that putting a ridiculously overpowered ship that shatters the meta, making it the only way to do well in Fleet Arena or soon GAC as well, behind such a pay wall is fair to the players who have been playing for years, but cannot earn R8 Mats?
  • Options

Totally possible to have a 7* Exec as a F2P account? How do you figure that? I've been playing for years and cannot do well enough in Conquest to earn Aeromagnifiers, and my guild cannot beat Crancor to earn Aeromagnifiers.
    So as far as I can tell, Executor is behind a VERY large pay wall. I'd have to spend thousands of dollars to have the toons required to get that far in Conquest. Or my entire guild would have to spend thousands of dollars on each of their rosters to beat Crancor.
    How do you imagine that putting a ridiculously overpowered ship that shatters the meta, making it the only way to do well in Fleet Arena or soon GAC as well, behind such a pay wall is fair to the players who have been playing for years, but cannot earn R8 Mats?

You can get aeros in the weekly shipments now, so it is possible to get a 4* executor F2P, it's impossible to get it to 7* as a F2P player because you would need a ridiculous amount of crystals to keep refreshing the final battle
  • Options

You can get aeros in the weekly shipments now, so it is possible to get a 4* executor F2P, it's impossible to get it to 7* as a F2P player because you would need a ridiculous amount of crystals to keep refreshing the final battle

Wut?
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Options
    Legend91 wrote: »

Wut?

Every refresh yiels 10 shards for 1000 crystals. You need 185 shards to go from 4star to 7star. Thats 19 refreshes, so 19000 crystals. Add the 6000 crystals necessary for the aeros of 4star. Thats 25000 crystals total.

Spending 25000 crystals on 1 toon alone albeit technically doable, still lets just not call it f2p at this point.
  • KarateApina
    127 posts Member
    edited December 2021
    Options
    Just because you cant/wont do it, lets not call it pay wall.
    I have it, and definately did not spend a cent for it. Sure, the amount of crystals needed is absurd. But no regrets here.

Edit:
    Total amount needed just for shards is nearly 25 000. From 4* to 7* it is actually 250 shards, not 185.

25 000 / 400 (1. Fleet price) = 62.5.
    So two months worth of crystals.

It has not payed itself back just yet, but with the gac changes I bet it is close.
  • Options

Wut?

Every refresh yiels 10 shards for 1000 crystals. You need 185 shards to go from 4star to 7star. Thats 19 refreshes, so 19000 crystals. Add the 6000 crystals necessary for the aeros of 4star. Thats 25000 crystals total.

Spending 25000 crystals on 1 toon alone albeit technically doable, still lets just not call it f2p at this point.

CPit gives Aeros and you don't need even need to be in a top end guild to clear CPit. Hard conquest also gives a few Aeros and you don't even need to get the red box.
    So unless you're a low GP player there are ways to get Aeros, otherwise you have to buy them, correct.

Assuming you have to buy them and you're only placing top 20 in both arenas (obviously competetive f2p will have a much higher placement and crystal income) that's still 300 crystals a day. Lets say 200 because you're spending 100 on 2x normal energy refreshs. That's 6k crystals a month, so 4 months to hoard up that "ridiculous amount of crystals".
    For competetive f2p players that have a consistent top 2 placement on avg in both arenas that's 825c/day and they would only need to hoard crystals for 1 month - or 1.5 months when doing triple normal and mod energy refreshs.

So no, it's not impossible for f2p.
  • Antario
    996 posts Member
    edited December 2021
    Options
    The forum is full of people underestimating the power of the F2P. :smile:

Joke aside. The definition of F2P requires differentiation. There are definitely F2P players who are smart enough in their roster development (and socially skilled enough to make use of discord) to call 900 crystals their daily earning. For them, getting 7*exe (including requirements) is, I won't say easy, but not difficult either.

However, the majority of F2P players are not that competitive. And that's the main reason we got posts like this...I suppose.
  • ScoundrelRui
    817 posts Member
    edited December 2021
    Options
    Depends if someone is a massive hoarder too, I'm F2P and I tend to spend my crystals, currency, etc. But it also doesn't bother me that I don't have the executor yet
  • Options
    Totally possible to have a 7* Exec as a F2P account? How do you figure that?

Well, as for my self - I don't have to look for an answer far away. My wife has 7* exe 100% f2p. She paid for it only with her time and dedication climbing arena religiously every day. I could have gotten it myself, if it weren't for the different priorities (also f2p), I am fine with my 5*, and I don't feel the urge to rush it.
  • Options
    I think the point is more that in squad arena, your lack of executor was irrelevant to your crystal income, in grand arena it will be. Whether or not it’s the be all and end all isn’t the complaint. It is unquestionably an advantage to have, that wasn’t relevant to your squad arena income previously.

797-722-718
  • WookieWookie
    1460 posts Member
    edited December 2021
    Options

Day 1 F2P here, with 7* exec, and yes it cost ~27k crystals to refresh the event. I'm also sitting on an Edward-sized hoard of gear (and a modest 15k crystals) waiting for the next big thing (whether that be Nihilus' cap ship or the next power level of GL or the next BB requirement to Red box Conquest without having to gouge your eyes out). I was sitting on ~2k kyros, etc and 30k crystals when exec was spoiled, and went for it to maintain my 1/1 in arenas. As F2P, you have to manage your resources super tightly, and be in a good guild to be able to compete in the game. If you're prone to distraction, side projects, and gearing toons as soon as you can to avoid the red dot anxiety, you're to blame for you not being in a good guild and having Exec. Being able to earn 900 crystals/day if you're careful and in a shard chat makes nearly anything possible as F2P (well, outside of maintaining Kyber 1/2 in GAC because CG nerfed all the non-GL counters to GLs, so F2P placed in Kyber 1 like myself will eventually slide down because we cannot possibly win vs Whales with 5/6 GLs)
  • Options
    Kard_1986 wrote: »
    I think the point is more that in squad arena, your lack of executor was irrelevant to your crystal income, in grand arena it will be. Whether or not it’s the be all and end all isn’t the complaint. It is unquestionably an advantage to have, that wasn’t relevant to your squad arena income previously.

And there is way more to that. I think that there are 3 essential factors here, that are more than relevant and GAC essentials.

1) To have / Not to have exe

2) Having advantage / disadvantage in GL's number (it's quite similar to above, frankly)

3) Which Omicrons have you invested in (so if you help your guild in TW/TB, you have another BIG disadvantage in GAC)

If you combine these 3 factors together, then... well...

I guess that's the new reality that we need to get accustomed to, I don't see much reason to complain, it boils down to players choice at the end of the day...
  • Options
    Look at the last challenge...
    Feats with rebels but you can only win if you have a 5 stars exec at least ....
    They don't care about the game anymore..
    It has become a P2W
  • Options
    Fredy5 wrote: »
    It has become a P2W

6* malevolence does the GC easily
  • Options
    It has become a P2W

Thx
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    edited December 2021
    Options
    It has become a P2W

Thx

Wanna delete your post now?
    Post edited by crzydroid on
  • Options
    It has become a P2W

Thx

Wanna delete your post now?

I can't .. I can just modify it...
    But you're right. If someone can delete it
  • Options
    Step 1: Throw in worst fleet with weakest ships, and no reinforcements

Step 2: Exec wastes mass swarm.

Step 3: Send in Rebels and dismantle Exec.

Step 4: ?