Which Direction Should I Head?

SovereignKing99
2 posts Member
edited December 2021
Hi everyone! Currently with my roster I'm quite confused on which direction should be heading for. In particularly which Galactic Legend should I be going for with my current roster. By knowing what yall suggest then I can firmly focus on building those characters instead!

My current goal is for Jedi Master Luke but I heard he's not very good as GL and there are better ones like JMK etc. So with my current roster hopefully yall can suggest for me!

https://swgoh.gg/p/922929637/
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• Monel
    2786 posts Member
    Options
    Best advice I can give is get what you want. It's your game. So the question is do you want who like or do you want to be good? Answer that question and you will know which way to go.

Simple answer is JMK and SLKR are the 2 best GLs in game.
  • Options
    Looking at your roster, I would say it is still too early for you to go for a GL. Especially with the new GAC becoming the main game mode, you need to develop a broader roster to be competitive. Because with the new win-loss system, it is more crucial than before to "bloat" your roster quickly (but with meaningful teams!)

You have a decent jedi team already. I would finish the empire team (PPT, Vader Thrawn as core) and for the midterm get separatists, padme, gas and DR team up and running. I would think about getting the first GL after you got those teams to a decent level.

• Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Options
    JML is a quite a ways away for you, especially without CLS yet, and I’m not sure where your Wampa and Hoda farms are at. As someone said above though, if you want him than go for him, just be prepared for it take a long long time. I would also suggest building more teams: Padmé, geo, rebels, drevan, Grievous, NS, and GAS are all useful teams you should work on sooner than later. Bounty hunters and ewoks too for Chewie and Threepio events. You don’t have to have all of these before a GL, but it’s useful and you’re not too far off.
  • Options
    I
    Antario wrote: »
    Looking at your roster, I would say it is still too early for you to go for a GL. Especially with the new GAC becoming the main game mode, you need to develop a broader roster to be competitive. Because with the new win-loss system, it is more crucial than before to "bloat" your roster quickly (but with meaningful teams!)

You have a decent jedi team already. I would finish the empire team (PPT, Vader Thrawn as core) and for the midterm get separatists, padme, gas and DR team up and running. I would think about getting the first GL after you got those teams to a decent level.

Ahhh thanks for the response so it's better and more worth it if I get a few good decent teams as compared to 1 super strong one? So it's better if I go for GAS instead of JKL as well?
  • Options
    Nihion wrote: »
    JML is a quite a ways away for you, especially without CLS yet, and I’m not sure where your Wampa and Hoda farms are at. As someone said above though, if you want him than go for him, just be prepared for it take a long long time. I would also suggest building more teams: Padmé, geo, rebels, drevan, Grievous, NS, and GAS are all useful teams you should work on sooner than later. Bounty hunters and ewoks too for Chewie and Threepio events. You don’t have to have all of these before a GL, but it’s useful and you’re not too far off.

Thanks! I'll work on getting more decent teams
  • Options
    Wampa and hermit yoda will take you a while to get with your get1 currency. GAS and JKL both require c3po, so you need ewoks geared up.

JMK needs wat tambor, who you get from DS geo tb.

SEE or SLKR are probably the easier GLs to get early game.
  • Antario
    996 posts Member
    edited December 2021
    Options
    I
    Antario wrote: »

Ahhh thanks for the response so it's better and more worth it if I get a few good decent teams as compared to 1 super strong one? So it's better if I go for GAS instead of JKL as well?

The problem with GL is not the GL itself, but the requirement characters you have to gear up to unlock him. Some are good characters. But some are real rubbish. They will hurt you more than be of use, because they force you to do investment, which can otherwise be used to level up better teams.

JKL after nerf is no longer that strong. And as mentioned you need to relic two GET1 characters plus a bunch of useless characters. JKL requirements are like a mini GL unlock. GAS is easier to get. And from viability pov even more useful I would say.
  • Options
    The requirements for JML get you three great teams for ls geonosis.

You can 4/4 a jedi battle with JKL lead jedi.
    You can 4/4 a second jedi battle with JML.
    You can 4/4 a light side battle with CLS.

You have to farm a few extra jedi to go with JML and JKL, but the JML farm has done most of the work for you.

You'll also have a decent mon mothma team for GAC. And all of the geonosis tb teams can do good work for you in GAC too.

I think JML is the best value GL requirements by a long way. He can also beat all other GL teams, though SEE is tough for him.