Why does basically everyone have the same skill rating?

Prev1
This was supposed to be seeded by GP. I’m seeing 7.8 million GP accounts and 10 million accounts with the same skill rating.

Replies

• Options
    I'm probably wrong, but my thoughts are that the old style of matchmaking would be used as a tie-breaker if the skill points are tied
  • Options
    There must be a top of their granular table that these guys are over?
  • Options
    There must be a top of their granular table that these guys are over?

There doesn’t seem to be anything granular. People with 2+ million GP difference have the same skill rating.

We were told specifically this would be seeded by GP. This is crazy
  • Winterwolves
    1742 posts Member
    edited December 2021
    Options
    My gp is 7,011,219 and my skill is 3405
    Guildmate 1 gp 7,164593 skill 3471
    Guildmate 2 gp 6,565636 skill 3253

All within kyber 2.

There must be a top out point where it's all the same, if you're seeing 7.8M and 10M are the same. Maybe all of kyber 1 is the same? Will make for a rough first round.
  • Options
    This was supposed to be seeded by GP. I’m seeing 7.8 million GP accounts and 10 million accounts with the same skill rating.
    It is except for Kyber 1 accounts that all have the same skill rating.
  • Options
    IkamuzU wrote: »
    It is except for Kyber 1 accounts that all have the same skill rating.

Not all kyber 1 accounts.
    dl62jigpht30.jpg
  • Options
    Would be nice to get clarification why mid 7m GP accts have same rating as 10m GP accts.
  • Options
    All 7.263.050 GP and above players are Kyber 1.
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • Options
    Not about being in Kyber 1. It's that ppl at around 7.6m GP have same rating as 10m + accounts. 0 differentiation. Now obviously one can assume they did this to appease whales so they don't instantly have to fight equal opponents and instead get some tim where they can get some wins. Who knows though.. still **** though for everyone else.
  • Options
    Why, u can't get kyber is it ?
  • Options
    Mixelplux wrote: »
    Not about being in Kyber 1. It's that ppl at around 7.6m GP have same rating as 10m + accounts. 0 differentiation. Now obviously one can assume they did this to appease whales so they don't instantly have to fight equal opponents and instead get some tim where they can get some wins. Who knows though.. still **** though for everyone else.

This. I've noticed that myself after looking at guildies, arena shard mates, friends. 7.6M seems to be the treshold. Everything above 7.6M has the same rating, probably for the reasons you mentioned.
  • Options
    7.6m seems to be the highest tier.

We were told that initial seeding is done by GP.

Matching 7.6m with 10m is not seeding by GP.

I assume this will be fixed before Monday?
  • Options

The seeding is initially done by GP. So they even said you may get matched with players much higher than you initially as the skill system works itself out over the next month or so. Not saying that this is ok, but they already said it’s WAI until some seasons come and go and the skill system becomes more organized (or so they say)
  • Options
    also using GP as a value is a little off since accounts could have inflated GP for TB (because they launched TB before TW/GAC where people went crazy inflating their rosters to get extra territory points) rather than someone that has few of built up teams and their roster drops off to G1 characters. Also some characters have better utility than others but can have the same GP, which throws a wrench with match making solely on GP.
  • Options
    also using GP as a value is a little off since accounts could have inflated GP for TB (because they launched TB before TW/GAC where people went crazy inflating their rosters to get extra territory points) rather than someone that has few of built up teams and their roster drops off to G1 characters. Also some characters have better utility than others but can have the same GP, which throws a wrench with match making solely on GP.

Yeah, but differences of 2.5 million GP won't be the difference of a little TB or roster bloat. That's a MASSIVE difference.
  • Options
    Ravens1113 wrote: »

The seeding is initially done by GP. So they even said you may get matched with players much higher than you initially as the skill system works itself out over the next month or so. Not saying that this is ok, but they already said it’s WAI until some seasons come and go and the skill system becomes more organized (or so they say)

Higher as in a better player with a more focused roster.

Saying they are seeding by GP, but matching on differences of millions of GP, is a complete contradiction.
  • Options
    Whale/Kraken problems are so unreal... Oh my...
    "You could warn me when I do something bad. Blink once for dark side, twice for light"
  • Options

Saying they are seeding by GP, but matching on differences of millions of GP, is a complete contradiction.

Well the seedlings and grouping into your current division are done by GP. Same with the assignment of skill points. So they’re taking a fresh slate and only making it so that until some battles get completed, it’s a grab bag.
  • Options

Well the seedlings and grouping into your current division are done by GP. Same with the assignment of skill points. So they’re taking a fresh slate and only making it so that until some battles get completed, it’s a grab bag.

Divisions are grouped by GP, within a division there is basically no seeding.

Actual seeding = something like the NCAA tournament.

This system is just considering every team in the NCAA tournament as their own #1 seed. Whenever everyone is a #1 seed you have no seeding.
  • Options
    Face facts... if 7.6mil gets you in kyber 1, where all the guys who have relic 8 everyone are.... you will be falling out of kyber 1.

I have 8.3mil and im in there too.

It means first few gacs are gonna be bad.

Figure ill land in kyber 3 to 5 after taking a beating for a while. We will see.

Good news bad news time:

The idea is that you can grow your GP and youll fight back up and level out again. But the catch is, only if the rest of the gac system doesnt grow at your same rate.

If you do grow at the same rate as all those you are seeded with and you all grow at a rate <= those in the rankings above you... you all go no place.

Hence the issue with this system. Once you get normalized, thats about where you are gonna stay unless you whale or they slow on releasing charcters or new relic levels so that you can catch up to the kinds of unlocks and gear higher seeds have.

At the kyber levels its gonna come down to the amount of characters you have reliced
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    edited December 2021
    Options
    Dont get me wrong... there will be some tricks to get some wins and some counters you can do that will help you for small benefit. BUT, you are going to hit a wall where everyone above you either has the same tricks as you or has ones you havent built up yet.

And if you do kraken it up and get everyone to relic 9, you can go up in seed based on learning the tricks the others rhat have that are using.

The idea is you will have a set of defense and a set of offense counters.

You will use "skill" to theory craft new ones that allow you to get wins on D or O. But at a certain level, you hit people who know what you know or have things you dont.

When you get those missing things, its going to basically lock you in place not progress you
  • Options
    Because on defense its AI taking control so everyone's the same?
  • Options
    ShaggyB wrote: »
    Face facts... if 7.6mil gets you in kyber 1, where all the guys who have relic 8 everyone are.... you will be falling out of kyber 1.

Figure ill land in kyber 3 to 5 after taking a beating for a while. We will see.

Good news bad news time:

The idea is that you can grow your GP and youll fight back up and level out again. But the catch is, only if the rest of the gac system doesnt grow at your same rate.

If you do grow at the same rate as all those you are seeded with and you all grow at a rate <= those in the rankings above you... you all go no place.

Hence the issue with this system. Once you get normalized, thats about where you are gonna stay unless you whale or they slow on releasing charcters or new relic levels so that you can catch up to the kinds of unlocks and gear higher seeds have.

At the kyber levels its gonna come down to the amount of characters you have reliced

I think your math is pretty off. You can only use 110 toons against eachother. So 110 toons at relics and that's it. The relic 8 hyperboles doesn't exist.
  • Options
    Kisakee wrote: »
    All 7.263.050 GP and above players are Kyber 1.

Wasn't it suppose to be 7.5mil?
  • Options
    None of this is going to be fixed. Didn't any of you actually think about the new match making? They said gp won't matter. GLs won't matter. You will hit a ceiling based on the money you spent.
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    edited December 2021
    Options
    MaruMaru wrote: »

Good news bad news time:

I think your math is pretty off. You can only use 110 toons against eachother. So 110 toons at relics and that's it. The relic 8 hyperboles doesn't exist.

So you dont believe that the top end of kyber 1 doesnt have 110 relic8 characters?

I hope you are right but i think this is going to be a point of you fall to a norm and then as the favored teams change you will either have thrm relicd and modded right or you wont.

If you dont and you cant get it faster than those above you, you stay put and never progress up
  • Options
    Did anyone believe they'd get it right? Couldn't even get the initial payout of crystals right. Going to be a mess for a bit but will settle out. Truly sad part about this is it all ends up with everyone being in a 50/50 area at the end. They used "skill points" to create the illusion that any of it is based on skill. Whole thing is a joke.
  • Options
    Lets just look at ahnald for a second. Like him or hate him.... he buys the newest characters and takes them to r5 on day 1.

He will have the current best gac teams and will have the next best gac team at relic 5 right after its released.

How likely is it that are you going to beat him if hes got something shiney and new that you cant get past in 1 hit?

Keep in mind those 110 characters you have are fined tuned and ready to counter or be countered in known ways. And the top end of gac its about how many matches you cleared without losing units and how many times you failed vs how the opponent did in that regard.

You are likely to get to a 50/50 win lose ratio based on that. That is how the seed system works. Its "skill", but skill comes down to relic level and mods on your teams or a counter team that the other person didnt anticipate. After a while all those become well known. Which reduces the skill aspect to just having the right characters reliced and modded at the right times. (Also having more reliced toons thatn the 110 mentioned above gives you options on counters that perhaps havent been thought of yet)

So here comes the new meta gac defense team. You didnt whale day 1.... do you think you are winning today or no?

If no, how many around you did whale? If everyone but you, you drop. If noone did, you stay until everyone basically has it (hopefully you are faster but at least at the same time to get said team) or get a new counter worked out.

Moving up requires you to get the shiny and new before those around you and faster than those above you so that you can equalize with them before the counter is found or created and whaled on.

This systems appears to be designed to get you to a spot and your not gonna move much once you get there without getring the shiny and new things.

I hope im way off, but i dont think i am.
  • Options
    MaruMaru wrote: »

Good news bad news time:

So you dont believe that the top end of kyber 1 doesnt have 110 relic8 characters?

I hope you are right but i think this is going to be a point of you fall to a norm and then as the favored teams change you will either have thrm relicd and modded right or you wont.

If you dont and you cant get it faster than those above you, you stay put and never progress up

For a steady gac revenue, I don't (noone) needs to be at the top of kyber 1. Neither do I have to have the very latest team or the entire roster at let's say r9 (why not? aren't we hyperboling). All I need is 110 toons well built and sail in kyber 1.
  • Options
    Well, I stull prefer this over what we had.
    "You could warn me when I do something bad. Blink once for dark side, twice for light"