Rampant cheating

moonscythe
4 posts Member
edited December 2021
the new changes are literally benefiting cheaters. all the top players in kyber are cheaters in my shard. now they don't even have to do anything to be rewarded for their cheating, just collect daily crystals. @cg seriously fix the cheating, it's super easy, u ban cheaters. period.

i'm not spending a dime until it's fixed and i encourage everyone to do the same
Post edited by crzydroid on

Replies

• Options
    moonscythe wrote: »
    the new changes are literally benefiting cheaters. all the top players in kyber are cheaters in my shard. now they don't even have to do anything to be rewarded for their cheating, just collect daily crystals. @cg seriously fix the cheating, it's super easy, u ban cheaters. period.

i'm not spending a dime until it's fixed and i encourage everyone to do the same

Ironically you will be probably be banned from the forum for encouraging people to not spend
  • Options
    I've encountered two cheaters in GAC. Reported them both and they were both banned.
  • Options
    all the top players in kyber are cheaters in my shard

That’s a pretty big accusation. Evidence?
  • Options
    I get the feeling they are looking at the global tab in leaderboards which is all jacked up looking right now. The number one person in mine is 1.8m GP and only has a R7 Vader.
  • moonscythe
    4 posts Member
    edited December 2021
    Options
    [Image removed to prevent naming and shaming.]

this guy is number 1 in our fleet arena every day and that's his best ships, an r7 kru and r7 vader, everything else is weak.

everyone in our shard is maxed out malevolence and negotiator.

he is currently number one in the new GAC. this is just the most extreme example but the new GAC leaderboard is practically a cheat finder, most ppl in the top positions are literally there because their "skill" ie cheating is the very best.
  • moonscythe
    4 posts Member
    edited December 2021
    Options
    Image removed to prevent naming and shaming.
  • mariogsh
    788 posts Member
    edited December 2021
    Options

this guy is number 1 in our fleet arena every day and that's his best ships, an r7 kru and r7 vader, everything else is weak.

he is currently number one in the new GAC. this is just the most extreme example but the new GAC leaderboard is practically a cheat finder, most ppl in the top positions are literally there because their "skill" ie cheating is the very best.

That screenshot is... not enough, you know?

If he's getting first every day, it will not be that hard to take a screenshot when he's at first place, then take screenshot of, at least, top 10 of your fleet shard positions, and then a screenshot of his top ship roster

After that, we could have a certain view if he's a hacker or not, shouldn't be that hard to take those if he's as consistent as you claim

PS: Apparently, screenshot acronym is a bad word and needs to be censored lol
  • Options
    mariogsh wrote: »
    uvo0gbr6tagt.png

If he's getting first every day, it will not be that hard to take a screenshot when he's at first place, then take screenshot of, at least, top 10 of your fleet shard positions, and then a screenshot of his top ship roster

After that, we could have a certain view if he's a hacker or not, shouldn't be that hard to take those if he's as consistent as you claim

I did find him on SWGOH.GG and he does get first A LOT, his Bossk is only 5* too. I don't think he's legit, but I can't prove it. He's also the only one in his guild with a profile. Maybe @CG_LucifersDaddyMINI can look into it.

• Options
    The people in the top don't have a skill rating yet, obviously they have not been placed in their appropriate league and they are just stuck in there in a holding area.
  • Options
    MBRedline wrote: »
    The people in the top don't have a skill rating yet, obviously they have not been placed in their appropriate league and they are just stuck in there in a holding area.

Fair point. And that fleet shard has got to be fairly new that it is possible for him to jump up to #1.
  • Options
    i'm in this shard, most of my nego ships are r5-7

he beats me in like 2-3 mins.

the rankings are based on past GAC performance from what i can tell, unless i'm missing something

the point is, with current technology they could literally program a robot in a few days that would be able to verify if toons are performing "out of range", check them and ban them. 1 cheater is one too many
  • Options
    i'm in this shard, most of my nego ships are r5-7

he beats me in like 2-3 mins.

the rankings are based on past GAC performance from what i can tell, unless i'm missing something

the point is, with current technology they could literally program a robot in a few days that would be able to verify if toons are performing "out of range", check them and ban them. 1 cheater is one too many

I doubt it’s that simple. And if it is, it returns to the age-old question of whether we want cheaters to get away but all non-cheaters to be safe, or get nearly all cheaters while falsely banning some innocent players.
  • Options
    All cheaters can F right off.
  • crzydroid
    7315 posts Moderator
    Options
    twstdbydsn wrote: »
    mariogsh wrote: »
    uvo0gbr6tagt.png

I did find him on SWGOH.GG and he does get first A LOT, his Bossk is only 5* too. I don't think he's legit, but I can't prove it. He's also the only one in his guild with a profile. Maybe @CG_LucifersDaddyMINI can look into it.

Cheating reports will have to be sent to him in a direct message.
  • crzydroid
    7315 posts Moderator
    edited December 2021
    Options
    Right now, the only recourse for reporting individual cheaters outside the game is to send a private message to CG_LucifersDaddyMINI. I am closing this to that end; however, am moving this to feedback in line with OP's general concerns of it being a potential issue with the new changes.

As for what you may be seeing in the leaderboards however, there seems to be a bug that is currently placing players who haven't logged in and don't have a skill score at the top of Kyber. If you look, they don't meet the GP requirements for those leagues. In theory this should drop once they log in and as GAC starts and skill scores change.
This discussion has been closed.