No penalty for setting fewer GAC teams?

Turalyon
6 posts Member
edited December 2021
My GA opponent either purposely or accidentally didn’t set 2 of their defense teams (they did 3 in each front zone instead of 4).
I ran the table on them, got a stop on defense, but they won by 11 banners. Either they solo’d a bunch of my defensive teams, or there’s some strategic value to setting fewer defenses that CG hasn’t considered (I did not get the automatic banners for the teams they didn’t set).

What gives? Is this WAI?
Post edited by crzydroid on

Replies

• Jooms
    74 posts Member
    edited December 2021
    Options
    From my understanding, you are supposed to be awarded full attack points for any defenses not set. So if he uses those toons he would have otherwise set on defense to undersize an attack, I could see it potentially benefitting him (ex: 66 points for his undersized attack vs you only getting an automatic 64). My opponent didn't lay any ships and I got the max points
  • Options
    I think this is the question I asked before and got ignored. If they don't ser defense in the spot you get credit as a win, but you don't get the extra banners for "defeating an enemy character." Which is 5 banners per battle you are out.
  • Options
    My opponent didn't set any squads on defense -- just fleets. I got banners equivalent to 69 banners per battle plus the territory conquer bonuses for the three empty squad territories.
  • Options
    Turalyon wrote: »
    My GA opponent either purposely or accidentally didn’t set 2 of their defense teams (they did 3 in each front zone instead of 4).
    Either they solo’d a bunch of my defensive teams,

They solo’d a bunch of teams, sorry.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    ssj4tim wrote: »
    I think this is the question I asked before and got ignored. If they don't ser defense in the spot you get credit as a win, but you don't get the extra banners for "defeating an enemy character." Which is 5 banners per battle you are out.

This may not be an across-the-board bug though, as I've seen some people say they got +69 for empty slots. There definitely seems to be some sort of issue with it for some people.

Also, the new scoring system has created a flaw with this. Previously, when we got defensive banners, you instantly benefited from the opponent setting empty slots. Now, you don't get any benefit at all until the zone is cleared. So if I set 1 team in the bottom front and you can't clear it and I only clear 1 of your 4 teams in your bottom front zone, then I have the edge because you get nothing for my 3 empty slots. Given the removal of defensive banners, the points for the empty slots should now be given once the offensive attacks open up.
  • Options
    In this new GAC format, does it still auto set defence squads from first round? Or do I have to set them every round manually?
    Previously I used to set up my defence in first round and then it would use same squads for rest of the rounds is that still the case?
  • Options
    I’ve just seen evidence that the system is broken.
    A former guildie faced an opponent who set no fleet and no back squads.
    After clearing the two front zones, he got no points from the empty enemy back zones, leading to a defeat as he could only score 1.354 points with a full clear.

@CG_Doja_Fett_MINI could you look into this? I can help with ally codes if needed.
  • Options
    I had the same too. I left 1 spot open, to test the system's functionality (as neither CG neither the game tells you what would happen........), and my opponent got 64 points for it.
    Which is less than what a good win yields.

So, as it stands, if you're confident you can clear the board, with some extra banners, you should leave at least 1 spot open to gain those 1-5 extra points that will inevitably let you win.

Pretty crappy design if you ask me.
  • Options
    5y8r1h.jpg
    *5 minutes later*

(GAC, the new primary source of F2P crystals is unbalanced, buggy, and broken)

*unsurprised face*
  • PepsiAddict
    311 posts Member
    edited December 2021
    Options
    I too am experiencing this problem.
    Opponent set 10/11 teams and 0/2 fleets.
    If he clears me with no losses, he wins.
    Participation trophy? No. You want something: earn it.
  • Options
    Great design!