Evaluating opportunity cost??

gobears21
1265 posts Member
I'm trying to figure out what order to upgrade abilities in to optimize the bang for the buck in pvp.

I'm currently level 60 and all my players are as well:
My squad is 5* QGJ (4/6/4/5), 5* GS (4/5/3), 5* DS (4/4/5/4), 4* RG (3/3/3), 6* lumi (6/6/5/2)

I have a 3* 86 that I'm going to 7* once I'm done with lumi in a couple days and he will replace DS on my squad. So upgrading DS at this point doesn't make sense. Lumi is as upgraded as I can get here (besides leader but I use QGJ) so nothing to upgrade there.

So, what order do I upgrade? Where's the most value?

Thanks for the input!

Replies

• Options
    Getting QGJ's Humbling Blow to Level 6 is huge, since it provides Offense Up to all allies for 2 turns. Having RG's Force Pike at Level 5 increases the stun chance another 15%. Other than that, I would just look at which damage abilities you use most frequently and upgrade those.
  • Options
    Sid's sadistic glee is handy even in GW and missions. As long as you don't upgrade abilities for toons you're not using as of now, you should soon start having enough mats to upgrade all abilities for your main toons. Avoid leadership abilities too for toons you're not going to use as leaders. All the rest abilities come in handy for all the toons in my roster.
  • gobears21
    1265 posts Member
    Options
    Getting QGJ's Humbling Blow to Level 6 is huge, since it provides Offense Up to all allies for 2 turns. Having RG's Force Pike at Level 5 increases the stun chance another 15%. Other than that, I would just look at which damage abilities you use most frequently and upgrade those.

Thanks for this suggestion, this is the one I went with today. It does make a big difference! I also hit a level since the last ability mats challenge that allowed me to win double my purple mats so I was able to go from 4 to 6 with 3 spare. Appreciate it!
  • Options
    That you pinpointed which characters to prioritize is most important. I do understand that RG's 2nd ability is almost counter-productive if you're not running an empire build. Personally, I would be desperate to promote Lumi's leader ability for GW. I'm at level 71 and I still haven't maxed her first ability :D
  • Duckoo
    279 posts Member
    Options
    Lumi's first ability is pretty awesome. Not only gives her evade but she can hit around 4k with it maxed.
  • Options
    Duckoo wrote: »
    Lumi's first ability is pretty awesome. Not only gives her evade but she can hit around 4k with it maxed.

I agree, but +5% damage (multiplied against the base of the attack, mind you) for 9 purple mats is a raw deal.
  • gobears21
    1265 posts Member
    Options
    Kifaru12 wrote: »
    That you pinpointed which characters to prioritize is most important. I do understand that RG's 2nd ability is almost counter-productive if you're not running an empire build. Personally, I would be desperate to promote Lumi's leader ability for GW. I'm at level 71 and I still haven't maxed her first ability :D

I'll have to look into it; right now I either use QGJ or Barriss at lead there.... I really need to use all my purples for GS, DS (I'm struggling on ds battles) and RG before I upgrade her; I'm still getting through GW for now though today got a bit rough but I still didn't have to send in the extra bodies