How Long Until First Kyber 1 Solo Champion?

KalHorn
102 posts Member
edited December 2021
So everyone in Kyber 1 above a certain GP threshold started new GAC at 3810 Skill Rating right?

With everyone being matched by their Skill Rating. There will be 3 win people matching vs only 3 win people in Kyber 1 right now. Then next week 6 win people vs 6 win. Week after that will be 9 win vs 9 win and so on.

I am curious how many weeks until we have our first true Kyber 1 Champion that is undefeated when everyone else who started at 3810 has lost a round? Also will we be able to see who that person is?

Replies

• Options
    There will still be ~50 people on K1 9-0 after the third event (assuming the undefeated from each division always end up in the same bracket), so we will be into the second season before we see an undisputed leader. There should only be one 15-0 person in K1, and possibly none (not taking into account people that might have risen from lower than K3, because I don't think that is possible)
  • Options
    Thanks! So we could see the Highlander in the first week of next months GAC. If that’s how it shakes out they should get the unique title “There Can Only Be One.” What do you think @CG_SBCrumb_MINI ?
    :)
  • Options
    negee7bxmxw3.jpeg
  • Drathuk916
    633 posts Member
    edited December 2021
    Options
    It actually could be settled in season 1 due to the split ranking they used. We could also see multiple people go 12-0 but have a clear number 1 ranked player.

Having two players tied for first just means 4096 to 8192 players started with the 38xx rating. For each additional tied player increase the range by 4096 for both the lower and upper end. This assumes matchmaking actually works as described and takes a top down approach to sorting players.

It’s unknowable, for non cg people, how many players could go undefeated that started at 3569. This is true because we don’t know for certain when the winners from the 3569 group could possibly start facing the losers from the 38xx group.

Once the groups start mixing, there is no way to guess how many could go undefeated without access to the information cg is not giving us I.e. skill rating formula, division size, specifics on the matchmaking process etc.
  • Morgoth01
    508 posts Member
    edited December 2021
    Options
    Drathuk916 wrote: »
    It’s unknowable, for non cg people, how many players could go undefeated that started at 3569. This is true because we don’t know for certain when the winners from the 3569 group could possibly start facing the losers from the 38xx group.

Not entirely accurate. The lower starting skill rating in K1 who went 3-0 have a skill rating of 3.692 after first round.
    Those who started with the higher skill rating in K1 have dropped to about 3.730 (this is not the exact number but is within a few points of actuals). This means that next round, the two skill ratings will start to mix.
    However, this doesn't really change when we will see someone from the 3.8xx group stand alone at the top. Those of us who started at 3.569 are not going to get up there anyways, as we would need to go through accounts with 2-3m GP more than us, which is unlikely to happen consistently even for the best of players.

• Options
    I was not taking skill rating into account, I was just trying to figure out when the last undefeated person in K1 will exist. If there are a couple and one rose from K2 they will have a lower rating than the person who started in K2.

None of this will matter in a couple of months; the ladder will have shaken out into relative rankings and will be more stable. Eventually the top 50-100 players will regularly compete with each other and will bounce around. It will be interesting to see how long someone can go undefeated in the new system
  • Options
    Morgoth01 wrote: »
    Drathuk916 wrote: »

Not entirely accurate. The lower starting skill rating in K1 who went 3-0 have a skill rating of 3.692 after first round.
    Those who started with the higher skill rating in K1 have dropped to about 3.730 (this is not the exact number but is within a few points of actuals). This means that next round, the two skill ratings will start to mix.
    However, this doesn't really change when we will see someone from the 3.8xx group stand alone at the top. Those of us who started at 3.569 are not going to get up there anyways, as we would need to go through accounts with 2-3m GP more than us, which is unlikely to happen consistently even for the best of players.

My post wasn’t clear. I had assumed the mixing of the two groups would occur in week 3 though I hadn’t looked to make sure the gap would be closed. What made it unknowable by non cg people is just the stuff in my third paragraph.