TW is still broken

Is it really that hard to get us decent matchups in TW?

Once again my guild is outmatched by 50 million GP and double the GL. Everyone ounce of fun being **** out of this game.

Replies

• Options
    It is pretty apparent across both GAC and TW that even matches are not the goal.
  • Options
    GAC is matchmade purely on GP right now and similar skill scores. Any fanciful idea it’s based on any other parameters following the GAC update is wrong.

As for TW, I’ll agree its matchmaking needs a massive overhaul
  • Options
    GAC is matchmade purely on GP right now and similar skill scores. Any fanciful idea it’s based on any other parameters following the GAC update is wrong.

GAC is now matching on skill scores exclusively.

GP was used to place us all initially. Now it’s skill scores for all.
  • Options

Yeah definitely just the skill score. My first couple rounds were competitive in gac. Now it’s not even close after a few wins my skill score has gone up and I’m severely out matched.

As for tw it’s just a useless game mode now. This war we are massive underdogs. The next war it will be the other way around. I don’t remember the last time I was in a competitive, down to the wire war.
  • Options
    @Stish Who are you matched against?

Out guild has 340m but only just above 320 active GP. But we were matched against a 296m guild.

They have had a decent win streak and we have had a loss streak. Matches for TW do take W L into consideration but not like GAC is doing.
  • Lovimgsaskia1
    371 posts Member
    edited January 2022
    Options
    My guild is 370m, only had 46 join (338m) got matched against a 299m guild. 223vs 96 Gls. Both of us around 50/50 win rate recently.
    I feel for the opposition as this matchup should never have happened and its about time CG took a serious look at it ,there is nothing more disheartening than matchups like this.

An easy fix which may reduce the complaints is if a lower bracket guild faces a higher bracket guild, both get the higher tier rewards and would be fair compensation for the miss match.
  • Options
    Imo they should just match guilds with each other whose GP (guild GP, not active GP) are in the same reward tier, simple as that. 260-280, 340-360 etc.. That way nobody will face guilds that are 70M above the own, and sandbagging also wouldn't be a thing since the difference would only be 20M at most. Sounds pretty fair to me and should be easy to implement.
  • Stish
    31 posts Member
    Options
    Imo they should just match guilds with each other whose GP (guild GP, not active GP) are in the same reward tier, simple as that. 260-280, 340-360 etc.. That way nobody will face guilds that are 70M above the own, and sandbagging also wouldn't be a thing since the difference would only be 20M at most. Sounds pretty fair to me and should be easy to implement.

This would be a good start. If kept they it as is they at least need to take the number of GL into account. When all the other guild needs to do to stop you is full up the front with GL its no fun.
  • Options

I think it’s still got some time before it’s all skill. My bet is by next season it’ll be more even. I’ve had a couple lobsided matchups where my opponent got cute setting all their GL’s since they had one or more than me but they tripped up and couldn’t beat my off meta teams (DR, QGJ, Rey, ETC)

Hopefully it’ll even out more. I like the direction it’s headed.

TW needs a fix. Now. All but two of my guilds matchups we’ve been outgunned by GP, GL’s and mods. It’s a joke and a half.
  • Options
    If the matches were even, half the contestants wouldn’t have incentive to buy their way to the top. CG took the lottery’s motto of “you can’t win if you don’t play” and removed the L.
  • Options
    These match-ups are waaay off. My guild with our 7 GL's just faced a guild with 28 GL's. It wasn't even close. They completely shut us out. And if this continues, there's no way guilds like mine will earn the kind of rewards (relic mats) to build ourselves up.

If CG is switching GAC to a rank system, maybe TW can add up all the active players who join and match up with a similarly ranked guild. That sounds more even than what I've been seeing lately.