11578 posts Moderator
    Options
    mariogsh wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    TargetEadu wrote: »
    I feel like it should be news that once again, CG has successfully ignored all criticism of the current Conquest run.

Surprising, no. But aggravating.

How do you know? Current conquest feedback is taken into account in future sets of conquest

Because after conquest 7-9 they claimed to have listened to our feedback and literally did almost nothing we asked for. So if their track record is any indication of “listening to feedback” I can’t wait to see how conquest 13-15 are going to be worse than this set.
    NicWester wrote: »
    I feel like it should be news that once again, CG has successfully ignored all criticism of the current Conquest run.

How do you know? Current conquest feedback is taken into account in future sets of conquest

Is it? CG’s not good at giving indicators of such things. Lack of communication and all that.

Have you read these fora? Who would want to communicate with these people?

Well, I mean you do :)

Also, maybe if CG didn’t routinely lie to us, refuse to address issues and problems, disregard positive feedback, etc, maybe the forums wouldn’t be as toxic as they are. You know, it is actually possible for them to control how bad things are on the forums by…idk, listening to their players feedback? Not pushing bugged out content and then refuse to fix it? Just saying
    I think you’re failing to distinguish between “listening to feedback” and “responding to requests”.

Don’t get me wrong - I’m not a fan of the direction Conquest has taken, especially as someone that didn’t refresh energy once in Conquests 1-6 and got red crate each time.

But there is a difference between listening to forumers and just implementing what they suggest / request. Just because they haven’t done the latter, doesn’t mean they didn’t do the former.

The devs obviously didn’t want people like me or you getting max rewards without shelling out crystals, so it’s unlikely that any feedback or suggestions that would see this become possible again will be acted upon.

But feedback saying “the feats are too grindy and repetitive” isn’t a request. It’s feedback they ignored since we still have “win x battles with this faction” or “get x kills with this toon”. The feats are insanely grindy and repetitive just like 7-9 so that was ignored.

Honestly I don’t mind the crystal cost involved so long as the game mode was fun and interesting. The fact they lost all the fun with the first few conquests and turned it into what it is now is just insulting. If they put any kind of effort into it and listened to feedback and ideas they could totally get a crystal dump from players while providing something fun in return. People are only doing it now because they have to for some super awesome toon. What happens when people get burnt out from it?

Idk, they can make conquest fun without hurting their bottom dollar but for whatever reason, they’re choosing to just let things go as is without taking any consideration into player burnout and frustration.

They didn't ignore that feedback

We used to have a lot more repetitive feats w.r.t x battles or toons

They definitely reduced the number of repetition of feats, but they also granted the wish in a monkey's paw way (win with Boba and Fennec 40 times, but also win with Boba and Han 40 times)

They doubled down on one or two toons and came up with scenarios where you can't use all 3 or so, increase the number of times you need to use the same toon for 40+ times instead of being able to progress several at once

Not a fan of this approach. They are listening to feedback, and in some instances, double down on what they are doing, or granting it with some other caveat

I do agree that player burnout is a serious concern, and the grindiness of conquest is too much, keep it grindy sure, but lower the amount of work needed

That... is exactly what ignoring the feedback means lol

Just because they don't take your feedback in the direction you wanted them to, doesn't mean it was ignored
  • Options

Because after conquest 7-9 they claimed to have listened to our feedback and literally did almost nothing we asked for. So if their track record is any indication of “listening to feedback” I can’t wait to see how conquest 13-15 are going to be worse than this set.

Is it? CG’s not good at giving indicators of such things. Lack of communication and all that.

Also, maybe if CG didn’t routinely lie to us, refuse to address issues and problems, disregard positive feedback, etc, maybe the forums wouldn’t be as toxic as they are. You know, it is actually possible for them to control how bad things are on the forums by…idk, listening to their players feedback? Not pushing bugged out content and then refuse to fix it? Just saying
    I think you’re failing to distinguish between “listening to feedback” and “responding to requests”.

Don’t get me wrong - I’m not a fan of the direction Conquest has taken, especially as someone that didn’t refresh energy once in Conquests 1-6 and got red crate each time.

But there is a difference between listening to forumers and just implementing what they suggest / request. Just because they haven’t done the latter, doesn’t mean they didn’t do the former.

The devs obviously didn’t want people like me or you getting max rewards without shelling out crystals, so it’s unlikely that any feedback or suggestions that would see this become possible again will be acted upon.

But feedback saying “the feats are too grindy and repetitive” isn’t a request. It’s feedback they ignored since we still have “win x battles with this faction” or “get x kills with this toon”. The feats are insanely grindy and repetitive just like 7-9 so that was ignored.

Honestly I don’t mind the crystal cost involved so long as the game mode was fun and interesting. The fact they lost all the fun with the first few conquests and turned it into what it is now is just insulting. If they put any kind of effort into it and listened to feedback and ideas they could totally get a crystal dump from players while providing something fun in return. People are only doing it now because they have to for some super awesome toon. What happens when people get burnt out from it?

Idk, they can make conquest fun without hurting their bottom dollar but for whatever reason, they’re choosing to just let things go as is without taking any consideration into player burnout and frustration.

They definitely reduced the number of repetition of feats, but they also granted the wish in a monkey's paw way (win with Boba and Fennec 40 times, but also win with Boba and Han 40 times)

They doubled down on one or two toons and came up with scenarios where you can't use all 3 or so, increase the number of times you need to use the same toon for 40+ times instead of being able to progress several at once

Not a fan of this approach. They are listening to feedback, and in some instances, double down on what they are doing, or granting it with some other caveat

I do agree that player burnout is a serious concern, and the grindiness of conquest is too much, keep it grindy sure, but lower the amount of work needed

Just because they don't take your feedback in the direction you wanted them to, doesn't mean it was ignored

How about disregarded?
  • Options

How about disregarded?

Nope, we need to play the semantics game to deflect.

Everyone who is arguing knows perfectly well what you were saying but are choosing to nitpick the wording instead of making valid points about how they utilized our feedback to improve the game mode.
  • Options

How about disregarded?

Semantics is a hobby of mine because I like that English has so many words that mean basically the same thing with different shades of nuance. (There’s a character in season 5 of The Wire that made me feel Very Seen 😝)

Disregarded could work. I think it would imply information we don’t have so there’s some speculation in it, but it could work. Disregarded would indicate that they saw it but didn’t even consider it and moved on from it. That part is speculation, but could work.

Another one that could work is declined, as in the read it, considered it, and didn’t accept it. That’s also speculation, though.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    kello_511 wrote: »

How about disregarded?

Nope, we need to play the semantics game to deflect.

Everyone who is arguing knows perfectly well what you were saying but are choosing to nitpick the wording instead of making valid points about how they utilized our feedback to improve the game mode.

Speaking only for myself, I had a feeling of what they wanted to say, but because they used the wrong words I have to respond to the words they used, otherwise I’m responding to my own bias, if that makes sense.

If you say you hate Conquest and someone else says they don’t like Conquest, even though you two probably meant the same thing I have to respond (or not respond, as the case may be, because if someone says they don’t like something what else is there for me to respond with? Not liking something is totally valid. I don’t like spinach, that doesn’t mean spinach is BAD or WRONG, just that I don’t like it) to them differently. You don’t want people inserting their own interpretation into what you say, that’s how you get a Beatles song about a roller coaster in England interpreted as a call to a race war. (Helter Skelter, if you don’t know the analogy)
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    “ to do nothing about or in response to (something or someone)” is one of the accepted descriptions/definitions of ignore.

If that word upsets you then CG has disregarded our feedback by not making any kind of meaningful change to the grind and repetitiveness of feats. They have neglected to listen to our feedback and doubled down on how grindy and repetitive the feats of conquest are.

I’m curious to see what changes they’ll make for the next 3 conquests but I doubt that it’ll be any better.

Semantics aside, I agree - they have made very few changes that address the verbose and repeated complaints about conquest. As much as I would like to see them do things to improve the game mode and dial back the grind and frustration factors, I've been playing this game long enough to know that it's simply unreasonable to expect them to reverse course.

I'm also curious about what the next conquest will look like. I don't have particularly high hopes that there will be much in the way of improvement - at least not according to what I think that means. But at least it will be something different from "win 4 battles a day with Bounty Hunters", "win 4 battles a day with Snugglers", "kill 50 enemies with these three factions you don't have geared"...

And then just replace the factions as a copy paste lol.

I mean they could definitely make things far less of a grind and repetitive while still pushing us to spend crystals. I mean I’m fine with the crystal costs associated but since C7 I haven’t gotten max rewards because I just don’t have the drive or desire so I toned back my crystal sink. I mean the generic 50 battles with full LS or 50 with full DS were totally fine because it allowed theory crafting and broader roster usage.

If they made changes like that but it still cost like say 150 crystals a day, I’d be fine with it. Heck if it was fun I’d even be willing to buy the pass.

Yep, exactly.
  • Monel
    2789 posts Member
    Options
    99% of the answers to your questions are no. Accept it and don't feel the need to hear it.
  • Options

Admittedly taking into account and applying feedback are two different things. Free swapping of disks has been a top requested feature since the first conquest.. yet.. here we are. Well I suppose they did give it to us but charged $45 so that’s not free. Feats being too grindy was another problem yet that’s still there.

Like the next conquest will tell us if they’re actually listening.

Free swapping of disks, not locking basic things like the swapping of disks and stamina refreshing behind a paywall, and possible a more manageable energy cost like 15 and not 20.
  • Options

Um, they took our feedback and made things worse.

Every iteration of 3 conquests have gotten less fun, more tedious, and more excessively OP.

I have GL's that get slaughtered by jawas because of someone not going to 11, but going to 457. (and letting Doja and Crumb deal with the wrath of unhappy players.)

I can get the red crate, but it seems as if they don't want players to play conquest.

I'm more fearful of what conquest 13 will be because of that very issue.

If they tone it down, I'll be pleasantly surprised.
  • WorriedConsumer
    4 posts Member
    edited January 2022
    Options
    A 30 conquest energy tip
    Don't use GAS vs Ewoks (or just anyone who can counter) after the update or after your *inser name* counters, he gets stuned and the game will stop (timer will keep going)

Looks like it'll be a third in a row Conq i haven't gotten to Sector 5 boss if any other issues will rear up their ugly head.

How can something be fixed in one game mode and crash in another ? I know both Conq&GC use a similar faction bonus system but that cost me 5h of waiting for energy to confirm that you can replicate the bug (glich?) both times.
  • TVF
    36756 posts Member
    Options

Admittedly taking into account and applying feedback are two different things. Free swapping of disks has been a top requested feature since the first conquest.. yet.. here we are. Well I suppose they did give it to us but charged $45

Um, no?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    Magruffin wrote: »
    Alright @TVF what's a good analogy for ignore?

You post on the forum tagging him and asking a question. He never responds.

So we should tag him on every post we make?
  • Options
    twstdbydsn wrote: »
    Magruffin wrote: »
    Alright @TVF what's a good analogy for ignore?

You post on the forum tagging him and asking a question. He never responds.

So we should tag him on every post we make?

CleverGirl_Fullpic_1.gif?1278398664