"You did not receive any rewards for this round due to lack of participation."

This statement should either be reworded or (more ideal solution) game crashes need to be fixed. Even if the crashes can't be 100% fixed, the server saving session state could easily resolve issues like these.

I was fighting an opponent team aaaannd I crashed (not even surprised at this point).

Well, that crash killed the only chance i had to beat the team I was fighting, so I just gave up.

Later I get the message that I get 0 rewards because I didn't participate (even though I did).

These sort of things are super demotivating and make me wonder why I keep playing.

Replies

• Options
    You need to get at least 10 banners to receive rewards at the end of a round. You get those 10 points by simply attacking for the first time (regardless of win or loss). It's possible that you have to actually complete the battle and that crashes don't count (as it doesn't register as a completed battle). You should have just sent in another team, get the 10 score, and then call it a day. Crashes are indeed unfortunate, but if you are too lazy to even get 10 points, and give up immediately, then I'm also wondering why you keep playing. Next time just beat any 1 team your opponent set, and then stop if you don't feel like playing. That way you will have your guaranteed 60 or 70 something score and will get your rewards for sure.
  • Options
    So jump through more hoops to make up for game's bad programming and inability to keep track of matches server side, like some other games already do? Got it.

Whoever approves in game text should also word things more carefully. Participate doesn't mean what they think it means.
  • Options
    Participate means whatever the organizers of an event decides it means.

In this case it means "Have a battle logged on the server as complete". Even a forfeit is a kind of complete.

You can use whatever definition you like, but don't expect anyone to listen.
  • Options
    It's possible that you have to actually complete the battle and that crashes don't count (as it doesn't register as a completed battle). You should have just sent in another team, get the 10 score, and then call it a day.

Happened to me, but sending in another team did NOT get logged as participation. That's an outright bug in my view.