Anyone else having the game freeze and then crash?

I know I’m supposed to report bugs to support. I’m just wondering is this just me dealing with this or is this the game. The whole game will freeze not just the characters. Then proceeds to crash. Happened twice today already and has been happening ever since iden versio update.

Replies

• Options
    You on Android?? I've been getting that for a couple of months, game will slow to a crawl and freeze during battle , can also happen on menu screens where i have to reboot game
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    Options
    This ewoks GC was full of bugs. Everting the jawas attacked they bugged the game
  • Options
    Yeah I've had a freeze crash this morning while doing conquest. Just another day as Android gamer here. Really annoying that I've started accepting it as an every day occurrence.
  • Options
    Caused me to lose more then 1 gac
  • Options
    I've stopped reporting crashes to the answers site bc they're just so common now that I can only assume CG intends the game to crash regularly. I frequently lose waves in TB bc of it.
  • Options
    Yep. I freeze/crash 100% of the time, every day since that **** nov 17th update. I've lost countless battles and way too many tickets. They don't seem to gaf. They will drone on about emulators not being supported which has nothing to do with my phone. It's become quite unplayable, definitely unenjoyable and i may have to just be done with it and uninstall it for good.
  • Options
    Memory leak then crash. Yes.

Strange for the few polygons we have.
  • Options
    When this happens to me I check to see if there’s an OS update and, most of the time, there is. I update my OS, check to see if the game has an update (normally doesn’t) and that has fixed it every time so far.

Your mileage may vary, but that’s my experience. Good luck!
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    Every time I lock the screen or it times out when I go back to the game it is frozen and I have to restart the game. Since the November update it has done this daily
  • Options
    Aaarrrrggg really during GAC on critical round!
    On top of QGJ sloppy seconds now!

What a crock CG!
  • thomssi
    526 posts Member
    edited January 2022
    Options
    I play on Bluestacks which some seem to think contributes but seems wider than that. I have had a couple of normal battles freeze but fleet is the worst. I quit and restart after every battle. I guess it is some cumulative memory thing (even though can clear that - well there is a memory trim thing that is supposed to) as as long as I shut and re-open it doesn't happen but it is still rather a PITA. In any case, has got to the point I dare not fail to close it after 1 fleet or a couple of normal battles as just happened so often.
  • Options
    My phone was on latest update.
  • Options
    If you are having it happen regularly try reset app/phone before doing any important battles. Much less likely to crash after resetting. I used to have that issue regularly on my iPhone 6s and that was only way I got through TB and fleet arena battles. When I switched to iPad I no longer had that issue as it had more processing power. Pretty sure it’s cache or ram size related. It would also crash buying stuff from shipments if I was using app more than 10 minutes or so. Would have to reset app to buy shipments.

I had several guild members with this issue also and it was fixed by them getting newer phones.
    Also doubt this issue will ever be fixed as they will blame it on your hardware.
    (issue reported over a year ago)
  • Options
    Would have to reset app to buy shipments.

I had several guild members with this issue also and it was fixed by them getting newer phones.
    Also doubt this issue will ever be fixed as they will blame it on your hardware.
    I am so glad to see that I'm not the only one with shopping causing the crash. The icons just loaded slower and finally, boom! to desktop.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • Options
    If you are having it happen regularly try reset app/phone before doing any important battles. Much less likely to crash after resetting. I used to have that issue regularly on my iPhone 6s and that was only way I got through TB and fleet arena battles. When I switched to iPad I no longer had that issue as it had more processing power. Pretty sure it’s cache or ram size related. It would also crash buying stuff from shipments if I was using app more than 10 minutes or so. Would have to reset app to buy shipments.

Well this is happening on my new iPhone 13 pro. I would imagine they would be like “this game is optimized for the iPhone 13 pro max only” lol
  • Magruffin
    798 posts Member
    edited January 2022
    Options
    Post update I've had two crashes this morning. Once during fleet, restarted, then during my SA attempt.
    Considering i simmed everything else and it's crashed in both of the actual battles I've tried; I'm really afraid to attack in gac.
    This is getting ridiculous.
  • Sazerac
    93 posts Member
    edited January 2022
    Options
    I have 2 accounts. On both during à fleet battle, just when i was about to win, my ability disapear, timing keep going though. Weird... maybe a new hack , maybe not.

Only way to leave the battle was to close the game and restait it.
  • Options
    Sazerac wrote: »
    I have 2 accounts. On both during à fleet battle, just when i was about to win, my ability disapear, timing keep going though. Weird... maybe a new hack , maybe not.

Only way to leave the battle was to close the game and restait it.

disappearing buttons has long been an issue and CG has long just ignored it
  • Options
    Its been 2.5 months now and my game still slows to a crawl until it locks up within 2 minutes or less.
  • Options
    There's an issue where a pop up appears saying "SWGOH is having issues with Google play."
    If I get this message there's an imminent crash incoming. If I am not in a fight I just reboot, otherwise I crash.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • Options
    Yeah I've noticed that as soon as I see multiple instances of Google Play reconnecting in game its time for a restart
  • Options
    I've had to reinstall the game 4 times this week. I've dealt with tmobile on it too.... done all the usual steps...not happy