New kyber 1 threshold

2Next

Replies

• Options
    Gorgus wrote: »
    There are plenty of legitimate complaints to make about game design choices, but I’m not convinced this is one of them. The matchmaking system will inevitably require tweaks to the skill point cutoffs to different leagues and divisions. Every player in K1 has the opportunity to compete to stay there. Isn’t competition to stay in the top league expected and kind of the point?

I read most of the complaints here as complaints about misleading information from CG.
    I’m still a fair bit above the new threshold, but I would feel a lot better about this if CG said that they intended fewer people to be in K1, and this are adjusting the scales to balance things out.
    In stead they state something which is clearly incorrect and probably will leave at that.
    I take offense when CG essentially lie to their player base, not when they implement balancing and are honest about it.
  • Options
    Morgoth01 wrote: »
    There are plenty of legitimate complaints to make about game design choices, but I’m not convinced this is one of them. The matchmaking system will inevitably require tweaks to the skill point cutoffs to different leagues and divisions. Every player in K1 has the opportunity to compete to stay there. Isn’t competition to stay in the top league expected and kind of the point?

I read most of the complaints here as complaints about misleading information from CG.
    I’m still a fair bit above the new threshold, but I would feel a lot better about this if CG said that they intended fewer people to be in K1, and this are adjusting the scales to balance things out.
    In stead they state something which is clearly incorrect and probably will leave at that.
    I take offense when CG essentially lie to their player base, not when they implement balancing and are honest about it.

Yep…that’s my issue too. If they were upfront about it, then it is what it is. In other games I’ve played with ladder rankings, you’d occasionally get bumped when seasons reset. If that’s what’s happening here then fine, but don’t lie to us about it…
  • Options
    I was in the middle of kyber 3. Now I'm 20 points from demotion.
  • Options
    I do have issue with what others have pointed out--that what happened with the squish and division cutoffs doesn't perfectly match with CG's announcement.

Doesn't "perfectly" match? More like doesn't match at all, lol.

The complaint isn't about game design choices. The complaint is about communication. We got an announcement saying that our Skill Ratings would be "squished" but that it was just to prevent Skill Ratings from getting too inflated and that would have zero impact on divisions/leagues and whether we would get promoted/demoted. But that simply wasn't true as they also increased the amount of points needed for division/league cut-offs at the same time. So a lot of us got pushed under division cut-offs due to the "squishing" of our rating.
  • Options
    Is there a reference somewhere on how much point we get for a win and how much for a loss? Is it still just speculation on how it is calculated?
  • Options
    Would be fantastic for the devs to explain this one to players who will get demoted now and lost skill points as they raised the threshold simultaneously…oh wait, they weren’t in the office today for some random reason. Yesterday no work for MLK day, ok. Today? Meh it’s a Tuesday, no work.

What. A. Joke
  • TVF
    36772 posts Member
    Options
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    oh wait, they weren’t in the office today for some random reason.

False
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • PoederAmon
    263 posts Member
    edited January 2022
    Options
    BuddyGuy88 wrote: »
    It is total bull. They said it wouldn't affect us being demoted from divisions but of course it will

If it has no impact at all, why would they change it in the first place?
  • TVF
    36772 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »

False
    MINI CG_Doja_Fett — Today at 2:40 PM
    I've seen a lot of sentiment related to the rankings, etc
    So, I think some broader messaging surrounding that might be in order. I'm gonna work w Crumb tomorrow on what that might look like.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    Well, did anyone get demoted after the skill squish happened? If the demotion will happen after next round based on your performance, then I guess we can't technically say CG is outright lying.

Anyway, if it's CG's intention to keep fixed percentage of player base in each league/division, then expect the threshold to be adjusted each season.
  • Options

False
    So, I think some broader messaging surrounding that might be in order. I'm gonna work w Crumb tomorrow on what that might look like.

Where was this? Because his last comment under his profile is listed as coming on Jan 14.

0huderigoy4f.png

Also, crumb never logged in either so it’s not guaranteed.
  • Options
    LynxVJ wrote: »
    Well, did anyone get demoted after the skill squish happened? If the demotion will happen after next round based on your performance, then I guess we can't technically say CG is outright lying.

Anyway, if it's CG's intention to keep fixed percentage of player base in each league/division, then expect the threshold to be adjusted each season.

I don’t think anyone got demoted because of the change, but surely we will after the next round if we are still under.

br0ykdotyn13.jpeg
  • Options

False

Where was this posted originally?
  • Options
    BuddyGuy88 wrote: »

False

Where was this posted originally?

Swgoh events discord
  • Options
    Wolfcast1e wrote: »
    LynxVJ wrote: »

I don’t think anyone got demoted because of the change, but surely we will after the next round if we are still under.

br0ykdotyn13.jpeg

This looks like if you go 2-1 in the round, winning more than you lose, you will get demoted. That doesn't seem right to me.

I don't get the reason for the skill squish. Surely we need the numbers to get spread out initially?

Squish, plus moving the divisions is creating these situations where some players who win all 3 matches might get demoted for their efforts.

I get the division thresholds must change from season to season if they want to maintain the division percentages. But why squish too?
  • Options
    But why squish too?

...because they gave us too many crystals, all other CG comments are just lies
  • Options
    Wolfcast1e wrote: »
    Is there a reference somewhere on how much point we get for a win and how much for a loss? Is it still just speculation on how it is calculated?

There’s a discussion of the system and potential problems (along with plenty of scholarly reading on Bayesian systems, reading which turns out to be more fun than playing most SWGOH game modes it seems) right here https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/252400/grand-arena-championships-matchmaking#latest
  • Options
    aja4ppl2xekd.jpg
    u9xj1k8akc6z.jpg

@CG_Doja_Fett_MINI @CG_SBCrumb_MINI anyone can explain why I lost about 100 points more than other player?..
  • Options
    I feel like a Geonosian right now....