I understand skill,but still mismatched

Again,I’m underpowered in ga,I know winning battles/strategy does play a part but 2x now I’m looking at a possible 5th place(on a good day)this needs looking at for sure….

Replies

• Options
    I’m in A3 div just for the record
  • Options
    I feel your pain. I was ranked 8/8 in week 1 managed 1 win out of 3, was expecting to face similar in week 2. Just got ranked 8 again and 1st opponent won all 3 in week 1. What is going on with this matchmaking ?
  • Options
    This again … just give it time.
  • Options
    Wolfcast1e wrote: »

This.
  • Options
    This ?
    Not too much to ask how the matchmaking is worked out. Because it isn’t ‘working as intended’ so far
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    Foxypad wrote: »
    I feel your pain. I was ranked 8/8 in week 1 managed 1 win out of 3, was expecting to face similar in week 2. Just got ranked 8 again and 1st opponent won all 3 in week 1. What is going on with this matchmaking ?

Leagues work differently now. Your opponent's previous performance in the current season is no longer part of matchmaking like it used to be (leagues). All that matters now is your league and skill rating.
  • Options
    This ?
    Not too much to ask how the matchmaking is worked out. Because it isn’t ‘working as intended’ so far

You are not ‘understanding it as intended’ so far. So again, read the post on how it works, and give it time.
  • Options
    This ?

The answer is the same, you will be miss matched for some time until all the players are in the right spot.

Were you winning lots before GAC changes? Congratulations you are probably going to face people with lot higher GP because you were so successful before hand.

Where you losing lots of times before GAC changes? Congratulations you will ruffle stump the compilation for little bit longer until you are back where you should be and get L's left and right again, no more easy wins for you.
  • Options
    This ?

The answer is the same, you will be miss matched for some time until all the players are in the right spot.

Were you winning lots before GAC changes? Congratulations you are probably going to face people with lot higher GP because you were so successful before hand.

Where you losing lots of times before GAC changes? Congratulations you will ruffle stump the compilation for little bit longer until you are back where you should be and get L's left and right again, no more easy wins for you.

I wasn’t always top spot but always looked at opponents before placing defence so the skill part was always there,I just got into a division that was left me underpowered(no gl!) not having a gl & no counters due to changes is frustrating but I will give it time as I’ve been playing here for years & won’t let this spoil it,my fault for bad farming options,we’ve all done it at least once
  • Options
    71gooner wrote: »
    This ?

I wasn’t always top spot but always looked at opponents before placing defence so the skill part was always there,I just got into a division that was left me underpowered(no gl!) not having a gl & no counters due to changes is frustrating but I will give it time as I’ve been playing here for years & won’t let this spoil it,my fault for bad farming options,we’ve all done it at least once

Yes we all have done it, and no i dont enjoy facing 3 GLs or 4 GLs vs my 2 GL plus they usualy git executor as well, but we just have to take the L and wait for a bit or you end up seen a guy who just joins GAC with 4 GL and ends up being 8th place because he just did 1 battle and couldn't be bothere to do more
  • Options
    It’ll just take time,it’s new so just needs getting used to,as you correctly say take the loss & hopefully end up in a more manageable/enjoyable div
  • Options
    What do you mean by “ranked 8/8”?

Are you suggesting that the placings in your bracket before round 1 is in any way important? I’ve seen nothing to suggest that there’s any significance to where you are placed in that list.
  • Options

Are you suggesting that the placings in your bracket before round 1 is in any way important? I’ve seen nothing to suggest that there’s any significance to where you are placed in that list.

There isn’t any, the initial list is in the same order as the leaderboard.
    https://swgoh.gg/p/319514721/
    DISCLAIMER: Post is subject to change.
  • Options
    ImaSmakya wrote: »

There isn’t any, the initial list is in the same order as the leaderboard.
    That’s true now, for sure. I don’t think there was any significance before nuGAC, but never worked out on what basis it happened.
  • Options
    Here's something to think about. If you're in a mid to mid-high division surrounded by other players who are within a few hundred GP than your, and suddenly you come across someone who is way higher GP than you, like a million or more higher, ask yourself "Why is someone with this high of a GP in this division?" Maybe you're matched with them not because of your skill, but theirs? I've lost count of the times I've gone up against someone with a high GP, but never set a defense. I've also come across a few who didn't know how to use their rosters despite having a high GP.
  • Options
    LordGrahck wrote: »
    Here's something to think about. If you're in a mid to mid-high division surrounded by other players who are within a few hundred GP than your, and suddenly you come across someone who is way higher GP than you, like a million or more higher, ask yourself "Why is someone with this high of a GP in this division?" Maybe you're matched with them not because of your skill, but theirs? I've lost count of the times I've gone up against someone with a high GP, but never set a defense. I've also come across a few who didn't know how to use their rosters despite having a high GP.

Exactly. There really isn't such a thing as mismatched by GP anymore.
  • Options
    Welcome to the new world. If you think you are really skilled in GAC, and have done pretty well in the past, then get used to facing significant stronger roster but with low skill or players with similar roster but as skillful as you in the long run. You will eventually end in a place that on average you win half of your match no matter how good or dumb you are as a player.
  • Looooki
    1045 posts Member
    edited January 2022
    Options
    sloweagle wrote: »
    Welcome to the new world. If you think you are really skilled in GAC, and have done pretty well in the past, then get used to facing significant stronger roster but with low skill or players with similar roster but as skillful as you in the long run. You will eventually end in a place that on average you win half of your match no matter how good or dumb you are as a player.

Think we will come to a point where through out the whole month, our opponents will remain the same