Sabaac holotable needed!

LIGHTNINGDEATH88
7 posts Member
edited February 2022
Just a thought fellow SW junkies. I like the idea of CG developing a Holotable with the ability to do P2P Sabaac (the infamous SW card game), letting players wager any form of in game currency to win/lose against other players.

Anybody think this is worth exploring with CG?

Community: please just focus on the topic/idea of some new in-game functionality, don't go down the rabbit hole and miss the point.

[CM - Edited to remove ALL CAPS from title]
Post edited by EA_Mako on

Replies

• LIGHTNINGDEATH88
    7 posts Member
    edited January 2022
    Options
    Seeing Sabaac is a part of SW Canon, it would make some sense to have this as an in-game holotable. Obviously CG would have to apply some safeguards to prevent cheating or exploiting, but I would leave that up to the developers.
  • Options
    No.

Lot of development time, that could be used elsewhere.

It also has the potential cheating aspect. You battle with your alt, your alt loses purposely, you get stuff. Rinse and repeat for the next 100 alts.
    Sure, there are ways to prevent this, but given how CG absolutely couldn't prevent cheating in GAC the last 3 years, would you really trust them?

Lastly, I dont care about card games. If that's something you like, install a card game.
    You can always invite your guild mates to another game to play with you.

+1 to all responses here
  • Options
    They will never let wagering of any kind into this game. Too many ways to cheat and load up a roster.

What you want is a whole game developed for Sabaac.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    So you want the whales to take your stuff more directly? Because you can bet that there would be some paid advantage.
  • Options
    So maybe they develop a new currency that is applied towards Kyrotech gear (or other hard to farm gear) and/or new Capital Ship or Meta character shards? Just throwing out some ideas folks for newer content, let's not get all poopy about an idea lol.
  • WD_40
    113 posts Member
    Options
    I think a separate game would be interesting, I've always wondered what the actual rules to sabaac are, but there's no reason to put it in swgoh
  • Options
    WD_40 wrote: »
    I think a separate game would be interesting, I've always wondered what the actual rules to sabaac are, but there's no reason to put it in swgoh

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Sabacc
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Salatious_Scrum
    2324 posts Member
    edited January 2022
    Options
    Yes, encourage gambling more on this game…

Not a bad idea for a separate game, a terrible one for this one.

Also by having your title in all caps and putting “needed” in there, I immediately was going to vote no regardless of your suggestion anyways.
  • Monel
    2786 posts Member
    Options
    Mini games within this wouldn't be a bad idea.

Not sure gambling against other players is a great idea as people always find ways to hack and cheat. Perfectly fine to create an against "the house" system, but the house always wins so I wouldn't see how this makes it any better for the player.

Ultimately I think it would get use and then people would just move along because they would lose more than they would win.

Great outside of the box thinking though!